Solo Traveler with no plans

dan40

Mouseketeer
Hi, as some of you may know, I'm traveling to WDW by myself in April but am not going to be following a daily plan. I'm going to wing it this time around. I have no dining reservations (am not getting a meal plan this time), have no laid out agenda where I want to be, what I want to see, or what I want to do when I get there.

But let me say this - I did this once already on a prior solo trip and had the most fun I've ever had without someone tagging along and kvetching about sore feet or being hungry or tired, or spending too much or "everything is too fake". I think everyone reading this knows that person. I plan on taking one day at a time, seeing what comes by me, or what I walk by.

How many of you have ever traveled alone and not had any set Disney itinerary?

I've never vacationed by myself, but have spent a day here and there in the parks by myself. While I miss my family, I will not lie, it was heavenly. I could do whatever I wanted, at my own pace. I could also stop and take as many photos as I wished, without holding up my group. I went with the flow. Enjoy this magical moment!

I've gone solo once for a whole week. My husband was at two back to back work conventions in Orlando, so I tagged along and had an annual pass. I went to the parks while he worked. It was great. My favorite thing that I did was I ate at a few bars of the nice restaurants. You don't need a reservation and you can sit down immediately. I met other solo people eating this way. It was also fun to wander through the shops without someone being bored or ready to go on a ride. Enjoy it!

I take at least one solo trip a year and always go with no plan, no ADRS, no FPs. just do what I want when I want. I do go during F&W though so a lot of my time is spent at the booths at Epcot and seminars. In all honesty, when my son goes with me we do it the same way, no ADRs in advance we just book them on the go while walking around if we want them and no FPs any earlier than night before, most of the time the morning of. It's nice to just go with the flow.

That is awesome! Nice to know there are a few other people out there who like to experience Disney World solo!

I just got back from a mostly solo trip. I had planned everything down to ADRS for every lunch and dinner, but when I got there, I realized that was going to be too stressful, so I cancelled everything except my fastpasses and my ADR for dinner at BOG...and I had a great time! It was wonderful not having to keep track of anyone but myself.

I have taken a solo trip in the past and absolutely loved it! I am planning another at Disney off site in early December. I plan to do a lot of resort hopping to see all the decorations as well as take in Disney at my pace.

I just booked my first solo trip for April and I can't wait. Been there multiple times with just my family (4 people total) up to a group of 17, so I can't wait to be the master of my own fate. :upsidedow

Last edited:
I took a solo trip once, I checked out all the DVC resorts for those 5 days. When I came back I bought a BWV resale contract. One of the best purchasers I ever did...

Have a great time!

Never gone solo (but may do so for Food & Wine some time in the near future)! Many trips just me and DD though, and I totally get how much nicer it is without the complainers!

We have done with no plans before though. Some days, we'd wait for a bus, and say whatever bus comes first, that's the park we're going to. Totally fun!

We prefer snacking and doing QS meals, so not worrying about ADR's is nice!

I just got back from a solo Disneyland trip and will be doing a WDW solo trip during the week of the DIS 20th event in May/June.

While I didn't plan everything at Disneyland and won't do it for WDW, I did make some dining reservations. At Disneyland, luckily the two parks are literally steps from each other. So I could go grab a snack or quick service at just about anywhere. But having the few dining reservations just helped me at least make a tentative plan for things to do.

This is how I am treating the WDW trip in a few months. I have made some reservations for restaurants I want to try. I personally would not want to do quick service meals all the time. However, once the DIS team announce their events, my plans will probably change a little. But for me, planning my dining just helps me at least get an idea of where I want to be. But as others have mentioned, when you are by yourself you can do whatever you want whenever you want.

Now with Pandora opening a few days before I arrive, I will definitely be looking to get some FP+ for the new rides. But for other parks, I will probably just try to get FP+ on the fly, except for the few rides that are a must do every trip.

No- and I wouldn't want to go alone. I like an hour or two by myself, don't get me wrong- but would miss my family too much.

dose going by your self making a few FP and then not doing any of them count If so then yes I do this and it is fun

Awesome opportunity to enjoy Flower & Garden food kiosks, see the live entertainment venues, ride test track/expedition everest as solo rider(loop the line, too), enjoy the animal exhibits at AKP without being rushed (talk to the cast members about animal behavior and diet); enjoy a cold drink at the bar as a single seater (it is easier to find one seat); explore the monorail resorts ( aka bar crawl - hey disney's driving) visit Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian for the free weekend AM tour. ... but that may be too much planning....

I've taken 2 six day solo trips.

Both times I made absolutely no plans.

Missed my DD travel buddy but I had THE BEST TIME.

Never have, but reading some of the solo trip reports have really made me consider it. The wife is all for it. Perhaps next January or February when Indiana weather is at its finest I will make a 3 or 4 day Solo trip. Please keep the advice coming.

Before I retired from my job on the west coast I used to go to Orlando several times a year for business. Most of the time I'd go to the parks solo. After I retired to take care of my elderly father going to WDW alone was my respite care for me.

My DH will go to the parks with me without complaining - but I know it's not really his thing. So I often go spend the day in the parks and then have dinner with him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter