slo’s SATURDAY poll - Sam’s Club vs Costco

Sam’s Club vs Costco - Which do you prefer?

• Sam’s Club

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Costco

Votes: 46 39.0%
  • I like them both equally

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • I don’t know - I’ve only shopped at Sam’s Club

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • I don’t know - I’ve only shopped at Costco

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • I don’t know - I’ve not shopped at either - I don’t need to

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t know - I’ve not shopped at either - neither are by me

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • What’s Sam’s Club and Costco?

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters
We love Costco. They have great quality products, excellent service, and the company has very good values, eg paying a living wage, which is in part why they have excellent service and employees.

Sam’s Club is Walmart, feels like a Walmart, sells Walmart quality products, and has Walmart service and values, so while I have been a few times with other people, I’ll never shop there willingly, much less become a member.

I have membership to both. Sam's just recently with a groupon for membership.
Costco for almost 35 years.
I prefer Costco. Like the brand, like the store layout. Love the meat and produce.
Sam's is a mess for me to find things. They do have better choice of snacks and candies.

I agree! Costco’s meat is really good. Especially the steak.

We go to Costco 2-3 time a year usually before Christmas
Their wrapping paper and cards are great
We don’t have a Sam’s Club near us but do have BJ’s which we don’t go to

Sam’s Club vs Costco - Which do you prefer?
We belong to Sam's Club. There's not a Costco that close to us. I've only been in a Costco a couple of times. I think they're pretty much about the same, but it appeared that Costco carried more name brands of things, while Sam's has more "house brands".

Used to have a Sam's Club membership. I am in one of the last part's of the country to get Walmart stores, so made sense before there was Walmart. First Walmart opened in our area in 1991. No need anymore. Walmart is closer and has almost the same prices and no membership fee.

I have membership to both. Sam's just recently with a groupon for membership.
Costco for almost 35 years.
I prefer Costco. Like the brand, like the store layout. Love the meat and produce.
Sam's is a mess for me to find things. They do have better choice of snacks and candies.
You must be a Price Club carryover. The Costco brand name didn't start being used until 1997 according to their website. https://www.costco.com/about.html

Costco. We originally had Sam's card, about 25 or more years ago. Costco built close by about 15 years ago. We kept both cards for a number of years then dropped Sam's. IN my mind, Sam's is like Great America, Costco like WDW in service, cleanliness, decor. Meat is great, bakery is great, Kirkland brand is great. Sam's used to have 15 people at each of 2 or 3 registers. If Costco gets more than 3 or 4 shoppers in line at a register, they open another. Moves very fast. I get there 15 minutes before opening, head in right at opening, get out in less than 30 minutes.

Costco. We originally had Sam's card, about 25 or more years ago. Costco built close by about 15 years ago. We kept both cards for a number of years then dropped Sam's. IN my mind, Sam's is like Great America, Costco like WDW in service, cleanliness, decor. Meat is great, bakery is great, Kirkland brand is great. Sam's used to have 15 people at each of 2 or 3 registers. If Costco gets more than 3 or 4 shoppers in line at a register, they open another. Moves very fast. I get there 15 minutes before opening, head in right at opening, get out in less than 30 minutes.
That's interesting. My daughter has a Costco membership and her only complaint is that checking out takes longer than the actually shopping. Well, her other complaint is that since the pandemic Costco has set aside her favorite shopping time, when they first open, for those over 65.

You must be a Price Club carryover. The Costco brand name didn't start being used until 1997 according to their website. https://www.costco.com/about.html
Nope...........Costco from the start

In 1983, the first Costco warehouse location was opened in Seattle.
They merged in 1993
foundedJuly 12, 1976 (as Price Club) San Diego, California, U.S. September 15, 1983 (as Costco) Seattle, Washington, U.S.

Costco addict here. Go multiple times per week. Love everything about Costco.

We have sam‘s club and BJ’s here also. I have been members of both thru the years. Costco just wins, hands down. So much nicer and more upscale feeling. They also carry higher end brands - I have purchased Ugg’s, Birkenstock’s, Tagg and Raymond Weil watches, diamonds, etc.

I purchase the vast majority of our food there also. My husband gets his glasses at Costco optical.

I also book our disney cruises and Caribbean vacations thru Costco travel. We earn Costco rewards and cash back on all the vacations.

We just love Costco!

I very much prefer the selection at Costco, but after visiting Sam's Club with my daughter (there is only a Sam's in her city, no Costco) I have to admit that the option to scan as you go is really nice.

I don’t have a Sam’s Club or Costco even remotely close to us. All we have is BJ’s. I do not have a membership there currently, although I had one about ten years ago that I allowed to lapse.

We didn't have a Costco near us when DD was born, so I joined Sam's primarily for diapers and formula. It was ok, but never a die hard fan.

Costco finally opened near me about 7 years ago. I didn't join initially as I thought I really didn't need to buy in bulk for a family of 3. Well, my SIL joined and she wanted to check out our local Costco when she came for a visit. Fell in love with Costco! I am a Costco person. Don't get me started on how much I love that $5.99 Kirkland Prosecco. :rotfl:

Are they still doing the special times at Costco? They haven't done those at any of my Costcos in Arizona for awhile now.

I'm in AZ and they are still doing senior hours.....M-F, 9-10 am. Was there last Friday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter