slo’s FRIDAY 8/18 poll - Going To A Bar 🍺

Bars - Do you go to a bar(s) and when was the last time? (m.c.)

• Yes - I go to a bar(s)

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • No - I do not go to bars

Votes: 44 37.3%
  • I used to go to bars

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • I’ve never gone to bars

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I’m going to a bar this weekend

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I’ve been to a bar this month

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • I’ve been to a bar this summer

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • I’ve been to a bar this year

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • I’ve been to a bar within the last couple of years

• Other - please post your answer

• Total voters
We used to go to bars, but in our current area, true bars seem to be on the decline. While there are some decent ones if we want to drive out of suburbia into parts of the city, nearly everything near us is a bar/restaurant blend. There is one place not too far from us but the supposed average patron fits certain stereotypes that wouldn't be our kind of crowd. Microbreweries seem to be filling in where bars are falling off, but most are also family friendly and don't really have that bar vibe. It's a nice vibe ... sit out on the deck and drink beer (when it's not a million degrees outside), but it's not the same as having cocktails. This is part of why I bought my husband a Bev (the Bartesian's cheaper cousin) and a craft ice maker...no good bar options.

Heck …I’m 60 today. I’m going to a bar! Well… actually a brewery but they have a bar.
:bday:

I don't remember the last time I was in a non-restaurant-associated bar. I have nothing against them - I grew up around them as my dad owned one when I was a kid, and I used to go in college and when I was newly working. - DH and I even played in a dart league for a while. But it was just more of a thing in my life when I was younger. I'm boring now that I'm "old".

Slo. loved the picture.

Don't drink at all.

Son in law enjoys different beers. Likes driving around to find odd ones just to taste them. To me, it all taste yucky.

Used to go to bars in my 20s especially if there was a band I wanted to see. Haven't been to one in a long time unless you count Oga's Cantina a couple of years ago.

:bday:

I don't remember the last time I was in a non-restaurant-associated bar. I have nothing against them - I grew up around them as my dad owned one when I was a kid, and I used to go in college and when I was newly working. - DH and I even played in a dart league for a while. But it was just more of a thing in my life when I was younger. I'm boring now that I'm "old".
Thank you Polly🤗. Now stop that ..never too old! 😉. Most Bars I go to around here are food based -if I’m going to have a couple drinks I need some food!

I don’t like the taste of alcohol, so going to a drinks only bar just isn’t my thing. If it’s a place that serves restaurant type food in addition to alcohol, then I might go if the people I am with want to go. I am more of a restaurant that just happens to have a bar attached kind of person than the other way around.

I went with 'other'. I don't think I've been in a bar with no associated restaurant or something like a restaurant since I've been married, and that's 52 years in a few weeks. And not that Marie has put the kibosh or something on going. Just not our thing now. But I had plenty of nights in the lounges, live bands/dancing/drinking/smoking (regular cigarettes only :smokin:) back in the 60's.

Closest might be a restaurant/bar in neighboring town. The place has a very large oval bar in the middle (like the old ones) and tables around the perimeter. Many do go there for just the bar and sports TV and just do neighborly chit chat. It was a favorite of Marie's uncle years ago in his single days. In recent years, we had been caregivers for him. Before his decline in recent years, we used to take him there and we'd enjoy a great meal, very often a Friday fishfry, along with a beer. He passed away in January, age 90. We haven't been back yet. Marie has sad feelings of past good times there. Probably only pickup for some time yet.

Me, too!

I live in a college town with 3 microbreweries, 4 restaurants, several pizza places, etc. One of the pizza places is the choice of students, as it has a full bar out back, and it's always packed and busy. We rarely go there but went once about 10 years ago, and I got hit on. OK, the guy was probably 40, but I was pushing 60 so I thought it was pretty funny.

We frequent the microbreweries as they are all within about 15 minutes walk of the house. We are particularly fond of the bar at the Thai restaurant, where the bartender/owner is on par with some of the best bartenders I've known in Manhattan and NOLA. Boy, can Eddie mix a drink! We don't go to the bar at the Mexican place very often, but they have outstanding margaritas. I love tequila, maybe a little too much, so it's not always smart to go there, hahaha.

I go to our favorite taproom maybe once or twice a week. Sometimes I have a pint, sometimes I just hang out, play cribbage, etc. With 4 adults in the household, someone is usually in one of the taprooms in town, just about every night of the week, but we are townies and hang out with the regulars, visiting and socializing more than drinking. It's just fun to go where everybody knows your name!

I used to go to bars. DH and I did a lot while we were dating--NYC and the subway made it so easy to get home. Now we make our own drinks, but we're lazy bartenders. I got a Vitamix a couple years ago, and have only made blended margaritas 2 times since I've had it. Our typical drinks are just vodka in soda water--very low cal and low sugar, but also not that tasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter