slo’s FRIDAY 8/18 poll - Going To A Bar 🍺

Bars - Do you go to a bar(s) and when was the last time? (m.c.)

• Yes - I go to a bar(s)

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • No - I do not go to bars

Votes: 44 37.3%
  • I used to go to bars

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • I’ve never gone to bars

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I’m going to a bar this weekend

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I’ve been to a bar this month

Votes: 17 14.4%
  • I’ve been to a bar this summer

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • I’ve been to a bar this year

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • I’ve been to a bar within the last couple of years

• Other - please post your answer

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
TGIF Everyone!
A time where many of us enjoy going out to have some fun.
Which leads me to ask…..

Do you enjoy going to a bar?
When was the last time you went to a bar? (not a bar in a restaurant - a bar that you can’t get in unless you’re 21 years old - like the TV show Cheers)
(multiple choice)

For Me…..My DH and I went to a bar yesterday.
We don’t go to bars very often anymore, but we were out and about and we decided to go have dinner at a bar we used to go to all the time before we had kids. This place was always a favorite, so we thought it’d be fun to return. We walked inside and it hadn’t changed in 25 years - the memories came flooding back. We sat in the same booth we always sat in, and since the menu hadn’t changed, I ordered the same thing I always ordered before, and it was great. We enjoyed a couple beers and reminisced about our younger days. I told our young server about all this and she said she was the owners daughter, which was pretty cool - she was a very nice young lady - probably about 25 years old. It was a great time and we will be returning more sooner than later.

IMG_1216.png

I can't remember the last time I've been to a bar (like one that only serves liquor/beer and no food). Maybe like 2 years ago? I am very boring lol

I do like to hit up local bars when I travel abroad though. I'm starting to make a list of ones I want to visit in Japan next year.

I don’t go to bars anymore.

Got my fill from age 19 - 25. Then it was every weekend Friday and Saturday . Sometimes if a good band was playing in our small bar we went every night and had to get up for work in the morning. Don’t know how we did it…lol

I don't drink and only very rarely accompany my friends to bars. I hate the entire experience. It's always so chaotic, and I feel like when I enter a bar I become invisible. I don't know if it's because I'm not drinking or whatever, but I can't even get a bartender to get me water or a mocktail or anything really. It's like I'm not even there. Always. The entire scene seems so chaotic, like the floor of the stock exchange - there's no system! Why is that exaxtly, and what is the appeal? I can't even stand sandwich places that have a poorly defined line. I just realyl don't get any of it.

I was at a bar last week when I was on a work trip. I like bars where I can have a conversation, but overly loud and crowded bars are not my thing. I usually only go to bars while traveling.

The only places in my state that you have to be 21 to go into are adult entertainment places. Regular bars kids are allowed in, and can even be served alcohol with parental permission.

Do we count the bar in the adult pool area on Disney Cruise ships? If so, I was there in the spring.

Other than that, I don't think I've been to a bar that doesn't have an associated restaurant / doesn't allow under 21 since college days or shortly thereafter, many years ago. A couple times on recent vacation DH and I stopped somewhere and just got a drink, but it was a restaurant with a bar, not just a bar.

My roommate and I went to a bar the first night away at college. Neither of us liked the bar atmosphere—noisy, smoky and loud. We didn’t stay long and never returned there or any other bar. We preferred tea drinking contests at the
Chinese restaurant. This was in 1962 and my last time at a bar.

I'm not a big drinker - at all. I don't like the taste at all. I've been to a few restaurant/sports bars but only if it was a party or a work thing. I'd really not choose to go on my own.

I do sometimes sit at the bar for a rare drink or two on a cruise/vacation. They're usually mocktails :laughing:

Well in Ontario Canada we can drink at 19 .
It’s 18 here in Alberta. I can’t even remember being that young anymore but I imagine it felt like quite an impressive thing to be able to do at the time. :goodvibes

I voted Other. Bars aren’t really a thing for us; most of our closets friends don’t drink and a few family members are in recovery, so we’d not normally plan to go to one. DH and I were on our own and visited the cigar lounge on a cruise ship in May. Before that it would have been the piano bar on a different cruise ship two years ago.

I would go out once in a while for a happy hour with coworkers, but honestly I would rather just have a drink at home or out to dinner if I am going to have a drink. I do like breweries, cideries, and wineries for a little activity every so often though

I don’t go to bars anymore.

Got my fill from age 19 - 25. Then it was every weekend Friday and Saturday . Sometimes if a good band was playing in our small bar we went every night and had to get up for work in the morning. Don’t know how we did it…lol
Yep. Teenage me lived at the bars Thursday-Saturday. Thursday was usually ladies night, so no cover. :) Fun times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter