Sleep Apnea

The silencing cap goes over the filter intake area and helps cut down on the breathing noise.

Yes, my insurance will also pay to replace hoses every 6 months, but I didn't want to wait that long. I wanted to "customize" my machine to make it more comfortable for me to use. The hose was only $15 or so so it wasn't a big deal for me. The mask I use is a Fisher and Paykel memory foam with neoprene head gear. very light weight and comfortable. I get the condensation when I use the heat and the tech said it was really my own breath that was condensing inside the mask. When I keep the heat off, it is much less of a problem.

I am actually getting addicted to using it. That totally surprises me.
But you're going to have to replace that hose every few months so hopefully they'll pay for your customized longer hose. I'll have to tell DH that that is available and see if he's interested.

New question, do most of you use the c-flex option on your machine?

But you're going to have to replace that hose every few months so hopefully they'll pay for your customized longer hose. I'll have to tell DH that that is available and see if he's interested.

New question, do most of you use the c-flex option on your machine?

True. The insurance should cover any hose I want same as they would cover most mask choices. The hoses are all about the same price. We are leaving for a cruise in 2 weeks and I still am not sure if I will take the 6' or 10' hose with me.

Yes, I do use the c-flex feature. I am a shallow breather so using that helps me expel easier.

I don't use the ramp feature anymore though. I found I like to go directly to full pressure when I lay down.

Please explain the c-flex feature. I haven't heard of that.

Please explain the c-flex feature. I haven't heard of that.

From what I understand, the pressure when you breathe out is lessened so that it is easier to breathe. So when you breathe in it is full power and breathe out lesser power. Makes the machine sound like darth vader.

From what I understand, the pressure when you breathe out is lessened so that it is easier to breathe. So when you breathe in it is full power and breathe out lesser power. Makes the machine sound like darth vader.
I agree with all of the above except the darth vader thing. It really doesn't sound loud to me at all. DH had the Cflex feature and was using it set on 3 but when he went to the dr yesterday and the dr adjusted the ramp to a shorter time(at DH's request) on the memory card and apparently he disabled the cflex by accident. DH said it doesn't seem too bad without it. We'll probably call monday and find out how to add it back on but I just wondered how many of you use it.

I'm still confused on the c-flex. I just got a new cpap machine and mask. He told me of the card, but I don't have it in the machine. He never said to put it there. Also he never mentioned c-flex.

From what I understand, not all machines have c-flex and not everybody is prescribed that feature. There are several types of cpap machines and your doctor will prescribe the features that are most beneficial to you. Go to cpap.com and check out all the different types of machines. Interesting reading.

Thought I would stop by and update you all about traveling with my cpap. We flew to LA and then hopped on a cruise ship to Mexico. I bought a nice rolling carry on and it was perfect for my machine and mask. I easily went through security. I did have to remove the machine and it had to be swabbed for explosives both coming and going. I even forgot to empty the water chamber for the first leg and they didn't even notice. I did and got it emptied as soon as I found a bathroom.;) I did end up taking the 10' hose and put that in my suitcase. It was a good decision. I had no trouble using it on my cruise and was very comfy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter