Silly but good 1980's movies

Christmas Vacation (squeaking in under the wire on 12/1/89)

Space Camp (seriously, a robot with a personality manages to launch a shuttle sending a bunch of teens into space because the robot's friend, a young boy, wishes he could go into outer space)

Short Circuit (Number 5 Alive!!!)

Weekend at Bernie's - my daughter and I watched this last year. We laughed until our abs were killing us. The scene of dead Bernie on water skis makes me giggle just thinking about it.

Beverly Hills Cop reminded me of another one. Troop Beverly Hills! It has a rating of 8% on Rotten Tomatoes, ouch!! But I loved it as a kid.

We've been going through 1980s movies with our teenagers. I just ordered Better Off Dead on DVD since it never comes on tv.

Other favorites are all that others have mentioned:
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Space Camp
Goonies

We just watched Roxanne which my kids labeled as "weird but funny."

Weekend at Bernie's and Overboard have been on our list as well. Need to find copies.

Midnight Madness
-Michael J. Fox's debut, David Naughton from DR. Pepper fame, and Paul Reubens. Disney's second film not rated "G".

O.C. & Stiggs
- full of great actors. Jane Curtain, John Cryer, Cynthia Nixon, Tina Louise, Paul Dooley, Ray Walston, & Martin Mull

Clue
Another fun movie filled with great actors and different endings.
Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn, Eileen Brennan, Martin Mull, & Lesley Ann Warren

Uncle Buck (1989)

Tremors (1990) - I know outside of the decade but I love it so

Making Mr. Right (1987)

Mannequin (1987)

Nine to Five (1980)

The Incredible Shrinking Woman (1981)

My Bodyguard (1980)

APD, I was going to mention Space Camp too. :thumbsup

Since this thread is "Silly but good" I don't include the John Hughes movies as they were just good movies. Same with St. Elmo's Fire and Dirty Dancing.

Silly to me are movies like Space Camp, Howard the Duck, Adventures in Babysitting, Mannequin, Gremlins etc.

And to that list I add Maximum Overdrive. :)

My grandmother actually had Space Camp, The New Kids, and Maximum Overdrive on one VHS tape. :rotfl:

License to Drive. Great movie....I won't mention numerous other ones that have already been mentioned here, but the Goonies is too good not to mention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter