September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone :cool1:

You know we have not signed up for much !
must get on the Ball !!
wine tasting and FE contest :thumbsup2
and will attend Jamie breakfast !!

oh and who can forget the GSF :woohoo:

BOB, Just Getting home from the Graveyard shift !! long day :guilty: :rolleyes:
around here that is 11 to 7 :teeth:

It is always this way before the big Layoff :lmao:
early September

Computers are funny ! You never know when they are going to Crash !! :lmao:
( 2 AM ) Well Back to the OLDE Fashioned way ! Book it !!
Hey we got the job Done ! the olde Fashioned way !!
Did not let the CRASH stop us ! :teeth:

Then BOSS comes off like it is Our fault ! :rotfl2: 8 year old Computer ..
Deal with it!! :lmao:
ok Going to take a nap.. :happytv:
Thanks for listening to my vent :grouphug:

Wont make the Quota :wave2: :lmao:

OH YEAH , We have a cruise Booked on points !
not this one ! :teeth: taking 4 kids on a cruse is not Cheap !
points help make it possible.. :blush:
kids will love this for sure. :smooth:
Aunty Jenn and uncle Pete with 4 kids for 5 days :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :guilty:
where is Aunty T when you need her!! :rotfl:

Straight A report card kids only Cruise !!! :goodvibes

rotary2808 said:
We almost bought when DVC first opened and all they had was the Disney Vacation Club, which became Old Key West. At the time, though we felt that it didn't work to the way we planned our trips, but now with how they're raising prices and just today I read that they've taken alot of the restuarants we normally eat at off the Dining Plan, the DVC is starting to look like the better option.

i'm confused...i thought DVC was the timeshare-like/points vacation program, is there something else? :confused3

LetsGoSteelers said:
i'm confused...i thought DVC was the timeshare-like/points vacation program, is there something else? :confused3

No, it is a timeshare. Sorry if that got confusing. When DVC first started up, they only had one hotel and it was known as the Disney Vacation Club. When they started building more DVC hotels, they changed the name to Old Key West.

rotary2808 said:
What a deal just for buying 250 points!!!

hmmm, considering they spent $25K I think they well paid for it but I could be wrong. It does sound like a great bonus though.

What is an owner cruise?

and thanks all for your comments and feedback on the DVC

at first thought, it sounds expensive with the lowest option on value season being 251 pts, that does equate to appx $25K if it is $100/point. but then you think this is over the course of what some 45 yrs so I guess it keeps on giving.

Another question, do the points required go up over time so that you have to buy more points?

I think we were looking at $5,500k for a 7day cruise ... if you take 250 points over 45 years thats over 11k points. If we were to spend an avg of 400 pts for a family of 5 (is that normal?) then it seems to work out to 27-28 vacations you could take over that period.

whew...that's alot of disney, now that explains why most of you have gone over the deep end :crazy:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

rotary2808 said:
We almost bought when DVC first opened and all they had was the Disney Vacation Club, which became Old Key West. At the time, though we felt that it didn't work to the way we planned our trips, but now with how they're raising prices and just today I read that they've taken alot of the restuarants we normally eat at off the Dining Plan, the DVC is starting to look like the better option.

Emily

Where did you read about changes to the dining plan?

Ken

kpros said:
Emily

Where did you read about changes to the dining plan?

Ken

All Ears Net. The link to it is on their main page. Lots of dining changes starting January 1, 2007.

LetsGoSteelers said:
hmmm, considering they spent $25K I think they well paid for it but I could be wrong. It does sound like a great bonus though.

What is an owner cruise?

and thanks all for your comments and feedback on the DVC

at first thought, it sounds expensive with the lowest option on value season being 251 pts, that does equate to appx $25K if it is $100/point. but then you think this is over the course of what some 45 yrs so I guess it keeps on giving.

Another question, do the points required go up over time so that you have to buy more points?

I think we were looking at $5,500k for a 7day cruise ... if you take 250 points over 45 years thats over 11k points. If we were to spend an avg of 400 pts for a family of 5 (is that normal?) then it seems to work out to 27-28 vacations you could take over that period.

whew...that's alot of disney, now that explains why most of you have gone over the deep end :rotfl:

The only one of those I can really answer is what the owner's cruise is? Each September, DVC charters the Wonder for a 4 night DVC owner's only cruise. That cruise is only available to DVC members. I haven't been on one so that's about all I know about it. :lmao:

#10!!!

Ok, I put in my quota of 10 posts for today, does that mean I can shut up now? :lmao:

Of course for as much as you spend to get points they should give you something in return. When it's in points you don't think about it as much as you do if there is a $ in front of it. :lmao:

Hygiene99 said:
OH YEAH , We have a cruise Booked on points !
not this one ! :teeth: taking 4 kids on a cruse is not Cheap !
points help make it possible.. :blush:
kids will love this for sure. :smooth:
Aunty Jenn and uncle Pete with 4 kids for 5 days :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :guilty:
where is Aunty T when you need her!! :rotfl:

Straight A report card kids only Cruise !!! :goodvibes

:wave: Right here!! You taking me too?? :teeth: You know the twins would love it! I am from a different state ya know :lmao:

OK...

Checking out of my room now... got maybe 3 or 4 hours ahead of me driving (stop and go some of the way) to get home. Cheers folks!

:thumbsup2

Lucky #13​

Awww shucks - I'm gonna miss the run to 8100 now... it's just 21 away! Maybe I can monitor from the lobby as we're checking out but not leaving the hotel for an hour or so...

\anyone up for a friendly sprint to 8100???? :lmao:

#14​

Another question, I'm seeing various resales listed from several resorts...I'm assuming all that really does is affect the price you paid as additional resorts came online. As new resorts were added prices went up...which is where the mention of currently $100 / point came from.

So if you buy a resale at one of these lower prices, does it affect your ability to get other resorts or does it matter? I'm just guessing since I really don;t know much about this...

For example, if you were to buy one of the key west resales at appx 70ish range per point, would it affect how many points needed to stay at the wilderness lodge or any other resort?

Scott re; the info on the DCL, are special cruises also open to using DVC points or is it just the std 3, 4 and 7 night cruises?

Each of the resales also list a month, I'm also assuming that is just your anniversary date (not when you have to use them as opposed to some timeshares that are week-based) which would be when your main fees are due and points become avail.....

doh! oh yeah forgot about those (yes we've been to a few presentations but its been awhile)

ok, what do those tend to run, ie maint fees, etc - any other costs involved?

tks again!!!

Might do it if it was at the Wilderness Lodge Villas instead, but I don't know if we'd want that many points. I doubt we'd use that many and we'd always end up banking probably half of it. :lmao:

#12 (before too long I will pass Captain for today's total. :lmao: ) Wow, I really should be doing some work shouldn't I?

The points stay the same no matter where your home resort (the one you buy into) is.

The only thing that is different is your booking window. If you bought that 1000 points at Old Key West, then that would be your home resort. Booking for your home resort is 11 months from your arrival date. Any other DVC property you wish to stay at opens to you for booking at the 9(?) month window.

The month listed is your points year. Like ours is September to September.

#13, Captain here I come. :lmao:

kpros said:
Hi Everyone

Had a great time in Napa over the weekend. I really like the Iron Horse vineyard and winery.

Ken

The weather was wonderful here over the weekend. Hope you had a wonderful time -- you should see the traffic today. Good call to come last weekend. The closer it gets to September, the harder it is to travel through the valley.

Next time you plan to come to the valley, PM me and I'll try to give you some secrets.

Leslye

rotary2808 said:
The points stay the same no matter where your home resort (the one you buy into) is.

The only thing that is different is your booking window. If you bought that 1000 points at Old Key West, then that would be your home resort. Booking for your home resort is 11 months from your arrival date. Any other DVC property you wish to stay at opens to you for booking at the 9(?) month window.

The month listed is your points year. Like ours is September to September.

#13, Captain here I come. :lmao:

ahh i see, tks!

time to bump this to the next page, been here long enough today....mmmmmmppphhhhhhhh <-- pushing the page over...lol

8100 will occur on this page, gotta step out....good luck to you all!

kimkatmom said:
The weather was wonderful here over the weekend. Hope you had a wonderful time -- you should see the traffic today. Good call to come last weekend. The closer it gets to September, the harder it is to travel through the valley.

Next time you plan to come to the valley, PM me and I'll try to give you some secrets.

Leslye

Thanks Leslye - we will keep that in mind. We joined a couple of the wine clubs while we were there, so that means we have to go back more often to take advantage of the free tastings. There are a few Disboarders we would like to stop in and say hi to in the Napa area.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter