September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a recent count?

Looks like I scared everyone off! Even captaincrash!

It's ok -- you guys can post! Please don't stop on my account! I promise not to complain about the number of new pages more than once a day, ok? :rotfl:

Beth

PrettyInTink said:
Since he created Yoda with makeup and goo I'm sure he could doctor your Yoda right up!

Whew!! Glad to see someone else here, PnT! :wave: I was getting lonely...

Imonso, there is a guy who lives on the same street as my son who has one of those life-size Yodas in his front window -- I haven't figured out why... :confused3

Beth

BethE said:
Whew!! Glad to see someone else here, PnT! :wave: I was getting lonely...

Imonso, there is a guy who lives on the same street as my son who has one of those life-size Yodas in his front window -- I haven't figured out why... :confused3

Beth

'ello Beth...

... back from my dinner... had about 45 people there - it was really nice. Good eatin' too. I just glanced at this PAGE and I noticed.. well... that I am not alone in being brave enough to post again and again ... and again and again... w/o interveneing contributions. Heh-hee-hee... hey - when ya gotta share a thought -well - so be it!

SO - what ya really wanna hear is ... whos' up for a SPRINT to 7900? I don't want it - I am happy to cut off at about 7896... so someone else can creep up on it or wrangle it out. ... I'm about to put the kids into the tub and I'll be back in about 5 minutes. If no alternate posts appear then I'll start b rowsing backwards ta see what I missed tonight. OTHERWISE - if anyone wants ta sprint a couple of dozen postings - then lets' GO!

This is a reminder that anyone who is interested in linked dining for main dining should PM me. I will need your name and you reservation number for the cruise.

Linked dining for anyone who doesn't know is when a group of people all share the same dining rotation and the same group of tables all in one area of the dining rooms. It's quite fun to have dinner surrounded by 30 or 40 lanyard people! So send those number to me!

Beth

BethE said:
Does anyone have a recent count?

Looks like I scared everyone off! Even captaincrash!

It's ok -- you guys can post! Please don't stop on my account! I promise not to complain about the number of new pages more than once a day, ok? :rotfl:

Beth

I don't scare easily ... being a nobel Jedi an' all!

Wait a minute... anakin was NOT a good Jedi = wuz he?

anakin-art.jpg

SO congrats in advance on your 100th Beth! :rolleyes:

BethE said:
This is a reminder that anyone who is interested in linked dining for main dining should PM me. I will need your name and you reservation number for the cruise.

Linked dining for anyone who doesn't know is when a group of people all share the same dining rotation and the same group of tables all in one area of the dining rooms. It's quite fun to have dinner surrounded by 30 or 40 lanyard people! So send those number to me!

Beth

So for linked dining do you expect that everyone will be on a seperate table - or are we gonna have any BIG tables with maybe 3 families on em? Or how iz that done... a short partial answer will do... we get more volume that way.... :rolleyes:

captaincrash said:
'ello Beth...

... back from my dinner... had about 45 people there - it was really nice. Good eatin' too. I just glanced at this PAGE and I noticed.. well... that I am not alone in being brave enough to post again and again ... and again and again... w/o interveneing contributions. Heh-hee-hee... hey - when ya gotta share a thought -well - so be it!

SO - what ya really wanna hear is ... whos' up for a SPRINT to 7900? I don't want it - I am happy to cut off at about 7896... so someone else can creep up on it or wrangle it out. ... I'm about to put the kids into the tub and I'll be back in about 5 minutes. If no alternate posts appear then I'll start b rowsing backwards ta see what I missed tonight. OTHERWISE - if anyone wants ta sprint a couple of dozen postings - then lets' GO!

Hey there captaincrash,

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm about done for the night. Who knows, I might be done for the week, but I hope not. I still need to PM Elaine all my excursion info, but can't think of anything else I need to post tonight.

But you have fun anyway, and maybe you'll find another taker for your sprint to 7900.

Good night, all!

Beth

BethE said:
Hey there captaincrash,

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm about done for the night. Who knows, I might be done for the week, but I hope not. I still need to PM Elaine all my excursion info, but can't think of anything else I need to post tonight.

But you have fun anyway, and maybe you'll find another taker for your sprint to 7900.

Good night, all!

Beth

Awww shucks....

OK.... have a pleasant evening - G'nite! :wave2:

So... I'm gonna be around for another 2 hours... anyone up for a little friendly SPRINT to 7800? I don't need the mile marker - and I'll knock off at 7796 or so... so U can have it. I'll check back every now and then til 2ish....

captaincrash said:
So for linked dining do you expect that everyone will be on a seperate table - or are we gonna have any BIG tables with maybe 3 families on em? Or how iz that done... a short partial answer will do... we get more volume that way.... :rolleyes:

Ok, I gotta answer this before I go to bed.

Unless there are certain subsets of the linked diners that let me know they want to sit at specific tables with other linked diners, and unless any of those exceed 8 in number, then I believe (but am not positive) that people will be grouped with others based on family composition and trying to have no more than 8 diners per table.

So far I haven't received any requests to be seated with particular people. So I plan to just set up some table groupings with DCL's help, although I've never done this before and I could be way off base on how it works.

Beth

BethE said:
Great story, PnT! Harry and I met through a Disney fan email list. He posted that he was going on the westbound repo cruise and wanted to correspond with others who were going on it. I was, so I emailed him back. We knew from the start we had a lot in common. We emailed for awhile, then started chatting with IM. We exchanged pictures. We planned our excursions together, but just as friends. We met in person for the first time at the DCL terminal in Port Canaveral, on my 55th birthday (Harry was 61 then) on May 14, 2005. Within a week, we were in love :love: :love: and planning all sorts of trips together. That cruise was like a fairy tale come true for me. :wizard:

Since he's retired, he is able to fly out here and visit me fairly often. This last visit was the longest time we've ever spent together and I worried that we would get tired of each other or something. Instead, I find that I'm even more in love than I was before! And I miss him soooo much. :sad1:

Beth

Gosh... this really sounds so beautiful! WHAT a wonderful fantasy to have come true with DCL! WOW.... (snif ~ seriously).... this is great!

Cheers, Tom :thumbsup2

captaincrash said:
Awww shucks....

OK.... have a pleasant evening - G'nite! :wave2:

So... I'm gonna be around for another 2 hours... anyone up for a little friendly SPRINT to 7800? I don't need the mile marker - and I'll knock off at 7796 or so... so U can have it. I'll check back every now and then til 2ish....

Do you ever sleep??? Or is this :surfweb: you?

PrettyInTink said:
I don't know!!!!! I just click on the get URL IMG button and then chose reccommended for posting on boards. Is this wrong???? Thx

Here's an idea ... well really twwo - that are simple and breezy....

Once you've loaded an image online - or if you see an image on line - (this is important) and that image is currently LARGE ENOUGH / OR MAX SIZED... then "RIGHT CLICK" on it. You'll get a pop up short window of options. At the bottom is "properties"... select it. Now another small window appears - and in the center is a line of code - the URL address generally. It's tricky too - cuz sometimes the code is LONG and you have to click whats' visible and drag down to see and SELEcT the whole thing. Once you've seen it - if th line ends in JPEG or GIF then you can "rip it".

Click and drag over the whole thing - and then either a) select copy from the edit menu bar at the top of the screen. Or - once highlighted - do a simultaneous strike on the control key and letter "c" to copy the line.

NOw you go to the DIS posting you're drafting... type
... noting the inclusion of the forward slash. You've just ripped an image and copied it to your posting.

What I like to do in select the whole line and (usually) center it. Plus to check if it's OK I often preview it prior to posting.

NOW... that you can rip an image - where can you find good readily available material? Well... the easiest IMHO is google IMAGE. Just type in 1-3 key words that will narrow your selection. For example ... I'll do it for real... I'll use RED MACK truck . I am trying to find a RED Mack truck from 2005.... I left off "2005" but I could have inserted it just the same.

mack_superliner_red.jpg

I got 214 hits - and the 1st useful image I saw was on page 2 ... a truck image 300x225 pixels. See above. Clicking it once brings up an intermediary screen usually without my primary subject - clicking the small image at the top of the screen generally brings up the desired image in its' full size. And ocassionally you'll get a load failure or error 404.

So - the secret here is the huge selection of images you can quickly pick from to make a point or draw chuckles. IE... I might try google image with "mack truck" and I get .... 15,000 hits! The 2nd image lis 451x373 ooks like fun... here it is:

mack%20truck%20large.jpg

Now I did not center this image - so U see how it differs?

Anyway - thus ends my very simple lesson on image posting. ;)

Mickey&JoshNut said:
Linda...here are the instructions I got from Kay...I hope she doesn't mind me posting them here...

go to usercp (at the top of the page)

at the top you will see this thread listed

on the "replies" left click and it will bring up a little box with everyone's posts

You can also do it on any thread by clicking (left click) on the reply number in the list and get the same list for any thread at all. Peter taught me this before Cruisetoberfest.

DisneyPinDiva said:
*Strawberry cake with white chocolate truffle and fresh strawberries
*Dulce De Leche - golden vanilla cake with 3 layers of caramel
*Butter Rum with rum custard
*White Chocolate Cake with white chocolate truffle and fresh raspberries
*Key Lime Cake with key lime custard
I

These are the ones I want :thumbsup2 In my office someone makes a cake like these for everyone's birthdays (once a month). This month, I requested she make a Key Lime Cake with White Chocolate ganache and she did :banana: :cheer2: It was outstanding!!

minniemouse71 said:
Trying to find all of the stuff I need to do yet to get ready for this cruise, I know that someone posted a few (and I say that lightly) :teeth: pages ago about a code to order the t-shirts for the GSF, does anybody remember it?? Or can ya tell me what page it is on?? :confused3 Just point me in the general direction and I can find it. (please be more specific than page 1-520) :rotfl:
Vickie

That code is likely about to expire. Check out the current newsletter. If you can't order before that deadline, do a google search for "cafepress coupon codes" and one of the first two is the one I use.

It's an Eeyore Monday for me, gotta get myself going.

Alaska pics were great, Lynn and I want to do the HAL cruise one of these days via DVC, I think September would be a good time, don't know why I think that, just do, more research needed. Been awhile since I have been to Alaska, Spring of 1976 was the last time, spent 27 fun filled days (not) on Mt Mckinley, it was an adventure.

Scott H said:
It's an Eeyore Monday for me, gotta get myself going.

Alaska pics were great, Lynn and I want to do the HAL cruise one of these days via DVC, I think September would be a good time, don't know why I think that, just do, more research needed. Been awhile since I have been to Alaska, Spring of 1976 was the last time, spent 27 fun filled days (not) on Mt Mckinley, it was an adventure.

We decided that Sept. was the best - based on all the research we did before hand. Even though it was cold (remember we are Floridians :teeth: ) we thoroughly enjoyed it!

Good morning everyone. I have a few minutes to get caught up while my son is in Pre-school. Now,that I am caught up, I need to go finish getting caught up on my housework - Ugh! Too bad there weren't more posts this morning :teeth:

Good morning everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting my 10 but I've been very busy. Glad to read that everyone's still excited about the cruise.

Good morning everyone!!!

I don't know that I can post 10 times a day, but if I check it about every 2 hours and post each time I might be able to pull it off. :rotfl2:

Good Morning All! Iam going to get these 10 post in early today. :thumbsup2
Well all the kids in Central florida are back in school now. I tis really quiet in the neighborhood. Did my morning swim and it was just me and the birds for noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter