Sept-Dec Room Discounts ~ Information Here

Thanks for whoever posted the Travelocity hot13 code :thumbsup2 I had booked POR with the 5% discount but through Travelocity it was $120 less!

I have been trying to get DH to change his mind about staying at POR but since we are going with other family members that is where he insists we stay. I was hoping that with the discount we could try a different resort this time :rolleyes1 At least we have a few days on our own at AoA :goodvibes

I am absolutely, positively and emphatically thrilled this evening. Yesterday I gave up my WL CL reservation at rack rate for 11/29 - 12/5 and took a WL courtyard view along with my DxDP and saved $1300. It was bittersweet though because I really wanted CL and it was not available. :sad2:

This afternoon I log onto the Disney website and see an available CL under the room discount promo. Ohh please, let it be available once I get off work so I can call. As soon as I hit the door and get in my car a couple hours later I call, I'm on hold a couple of minutes and the cm comes on and tells me the WL CL is available. Woo Hoo book it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my WL CL back and saved $581 off the price I had already paid. :banana::dance3::yay:

Once I get home I go to the disney website and the WL CL is no longer available. Yes the pixiedust: fell upon me today. Sorry all, I am so thrilled I just had to tell somebody. :rotfl:

I really wanted to go 12/4-8 and stay in WL CL, but there was nothing available at all for those dates pretty much at any Deluxe resort. This morning I went on and changed my dates to 12/11-15th and got my coveted WL CL room! I can't wait!!!!!:woohoo:

I really wanted to go 12/4-8 and stay in WL CL, but there was nothing available at all for those dates pretty much at any Deluxe resort. This morning I went on and changed my dates to 12/11-15th and got my coveted WL CL room! I can't wait!!!!!:woohoo:

Congrats on getting your WL CL room. If you have never stayed CL at the WL you are going to love it and with it being the Christmas season it is only going to make it more magical. :thumbsup2

A bit bored this morning and tried to search for RO discount at every single moderate or deluxe resort and there was absolutely NOTHING AVAILABLE for my dates! Doesn't surprise me, because most everything is booked up on the standard reservation site, too. Guess it's that darn Gartner convention or something.

I am absolutely, positively and emphatically thrilled this evening. Yesterday I gave up my WL CL reservation at rack rate for 11/29 - 12/5 and took a WL courtyard view along with my DxDP and saved $1300. It was bittersweet though because I really wanted CL and it was not available. :sad2:

This afternoon I log onto the Disney website and see an available CL under the room discount promo. Ohh please, let it be available once I get off work so I can call. As soon as I hit the door and get in my car a couple hours later I call, I'm on hold a couple of minutes and the cm comes on and tells me the WL CL is available. Woo Hoo book it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my WL CL back and saved $581 off the price I had already paid. :banana::dance3::yay:

Once I get home I go to the disney website and the WL CL is no longer available. Yes the pixiedust: fell upon me today. Sorry all, I am so thrilled I just had to tell somebody. :rotfl:

Very awesome !!! We love our WL CL as well :cool1:

The Grand is usually my go-to followed by the Poly but will be trying the WL during December to try something different. I'm nervous about that!

You will love the WL as it's an amazing resort :goodvibes. We have stayed at both the Poly and GF (the Poly being our favorite as well), but the WL runs a very close second for us. The WL is a beautiful resort and I'm sure you'll have a great time :wizard:.

If it's showing unavailable, keep checking! I was able to book my inlaws this morning in the WL with the FD discount. Rooms are being cancelled and are released randomly all day. Just keep checking!!!

I agree. People cancel and rooms open up all the time, so it never hurts to keep checking as you never know if/when the resort or room type you want will become available :).

I'm trying to book CB in October and I'd like to spend 5 days in a regular room and 2 nights in a pirate theme room. I'm booking online because Travelocity is soooo much cheaper. Right now I've got two separate reservations...any pros or cons to doing this? Is there a better way???
thanks!

If you are booking 2 different room categories, there's no way to do it without booking 2 separate reservations.

Oh my god, I need help. I think the DISboards have created a monster in me! I've never really done these discounts before but I got all into it since we are planning an October trip. DH and I were pretty set on POR so I was a little bummed that the discount was only 5% but at least my trip is already paid off, right?

Well, for fun, I've been playing around with different resorts and just realized we could stay for 3 nights at WL for under 1,000! When I was doing my calculations for 30%, I had it coming up over $1,000. So now I am contemplating moving to WL as its DH's dream resort. Do I pay extra cause it seems like a good deal or use that extra money as our fund for the F&W?

I think I need someone to block me from the website for a detox! :)

We've never stayed at POR, but we LOVE the WL :goodvibes. If the extra cost is doable, I would definitely go with the WL.

Disney will open up more rooms to the promotions if they still need to get them filled. It's worth it to keep checking.

I agree :thumbsup2.

Just called at 4:30pm, got straight through to a very nice lady. She applied the 15% discount to the 2 rooms I have reserved at Pop this December. We are staying 11 nights and it saved us just over $300.00 per room. Not a whole lot but every little bit helps:thumbsup2

Congrats on the savings :cheer2:.

Congrats on getting WL CL back with the discount :dance3:.

Did anyone get a discount at the Contemporary? I know we didn't!

I got 20% on TPV CL :).

Congrats :yay:. We love the WL (and CL), especially during the holidays :santa:.

A bit bored this morning and tried to search for RO discount at every single moderate or deluxe resort and there was absolutely NOTHING AVAILABLE for my dates! Doesn't surprise me, because most everything is booked up on the standard reservation site, too. Guess it's that darn Gartner convention or something.

I was looking on line this AM 8/3/13 and found that YC, BW, AKL, almost all of BC, almost all of Poly, almost all of GF-----all full for our dates 10-3 10-9. Even when we went in July and Aug these resorts were NOT full! I am scared now of the crowd levels. I am not sure crowd level of 4 will be accurate. :confused:

I was looking on line this AM 8/3/13 and found that YC, BW, AKL, almost all of BC, almost all of Poly, almost all of GF-----all full for our dates 10-3 10-9. Even when we went in July and Aug these resorts were NOT full! I am scared now of the crowd levels. I am not sure crowd level of 4 will be accurate. :confused:
Were you looking for the discounted rate? If so, then yes they are booked solid. But the resorts them selves are not. They only release a limited amount of rooms with the discount and they go fast.

Hi everyone! I just called WDW and checked on my room only dsct. I misspoke on the boards and said I got a 30% off my room at BC CL SV, however the more I kept looking at it the numbers just didn't look right. The CM checked for me and it is indeed a 20% dsct. I apologize to anyone that I told was a 30%.

On a good note, they picked right up within a nanosecond. Lol

:-)

Just an FYI, we were able to get a WL CL Deluxe room with the room discount. I booked it, then started the math after I got off the phone. It didn't feel like I got 30%, and I indeed didn't more like 15%.

Spent about 90 minutes on the phone, having to go over the math with 2 different people before they would confirm I was in fact right, the discount was not 30%. After waiting me out, I was told the Deluxe Room is considered a suite and the 30% does not apply.

Disappointed, I feel like I was tricked. Are we still going? of course. But the luster has dulled a bit for me with Disney. I feel like semantics were used to get out of a missing disclaimer in the promotion's fine print.

Congrats on the 20% CL @ BC, not sure why that is not a 'suite', but glad it worked out for you!

The deluxe rooms are rarely included in the discounts, so it's great that you got one!!

My guess would be that it's a suite because it holds more than the normal capacity for WL (6 vs. 4)

Has anyone else noticed that the special offers website is no longer working? Is it just me? It doesn't give me the option to search for availability, just directs me to info about the offer and provides the number to call. Are others seeing this too?

Has anyone else noticed that the special offers website is no longer working? Is it just me? It doesn't give me the option to search for availability, just directs me to info about the offer and provides the number to call. Are others seeing this too?

I just checked and it's working for me, maybe it was just down for a bit.

I called last night to see if I could get the RO discount applied to my current BC ressie for 10/4-7. The CM told me nothing was available, but to keep checking. So, for now, I'm stuck paying rack rate. I'm hoping for AP or Fla resident discount sometime soon. UGH

I called last night to see if I could get the RO discount applied to my current BC ressie for 10/4-7. The CM told me nothing was available, but to keep checking. So, for now, I'm stuck paying rack rate. I'm hoping for AP or Fla resident discount sometime soon. UGH

Are your dates flexible? Many times, if you cut off "Saturday" either coming or going, it will open up for you.

I tried 11/16 thru 11/22 (cuts off 11/23 Saturday) & there is lots available at Beach Club.

I would definitely keep checking as you never know when something might become available :). With that said, did you try adding a day(s) at the beginning and/or end of your actual trip dates? Not sure what room type you're looking for, but I plugged in 10/3-10/9 and Lagoon/Pool view and Lagoon/Pool view CL are showing available. I would play around online with dates and if something pops up as available, you can modify your current reservation to reflect the discount for all of those dates, and then call back and cancel the night(s) you don't need ;).

I got this message as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter