Sept 2012 car rental......

Thanks Guys!!! I also seem to get schizo results when using the codes...I feel better that it was happening to others too!! I did manage to catch it once at 298, but since that was only 1$ less than my current reservation, I didnt change it...I will keep watching!!

OCC - Didnt see any hot deals for MCO this week on Alamo either!! I havent checked National and Enterprise to see if the sister companies all have the same list, but it seems plausible that they are!

:( bummed we haven't gotten our National rate to budge. We are at about $288 with the KLM contract ID and the $30 coupon. DH is really skittish about rental car companies (bad experience) so I have to stick with National/Alamo

Although MCO is not listed on the last minute Alamo deals don't forget you can use the SUNPROMO code to get 15% off on your Alamo rentals. The code is listed on the Alamo website.

I did see that, I think my AA contract ID with coupon worked out to be a better deal, though. Thanks!

I have been using all of these and the rate for National is over 1000$ for my trip (9/24 - 10/2, 5pm pick up and drop off) and Alamo is 777$....if you can get something to show up for the 300$ rate without costco, I am interested!!!

I just rechecked the costco rate and its 600$...so less than the others, but far from last years prices....

I am willing to pay the 300$ for a mini-van, but I will be very unhappy if I hear that others ended up picking them up for free in a full size aisle on Monday!!

Join the emerald club (for free) make your reservation via the EC login, apply the coupon ND9334SND to the reservation and perhaps there will be a mini van on the aisle, you can always ask too. For your dates and times the cost would be 187.95 (total). that rate is for the default midsize car. That is what the EC bases it's rates on. Keep the mini van reservation just in case. Lately it has been mini van city at National.

Thanks Gmeh1!! I took out my contract code and was able to get that rate for an emerald aisle reservation!! I will check out the aisle on Monday night and hopefully get lucky when we land at 5!!!

Thanks Gmeh1!! I took out my contract code and was able to get that rate for an emerald aisle reservation!! I will check out the aisle on Monday night and hopefully get lucky when we land at 5!!!

I will be there Monday, just not sure what side I will be on. Good luck.

I booked an Economy car through Alamo and ended up with a Crysler Town & Country....I.e. there are minivans in the Economy row....fyi

I booked an Economy car through Alamo and ended up with a Crysler Town & Country....I.e. there are minivans in the Economy row....fyi

I wish people would not post this. Because it encourages the people who book cheap assuming "we will get the upgrade" who then become hysterical when they get what they booked

If you can't work with an Economy do not book it

Just returned on Sat and had a wonderful time. We have used Alamo many times in the past and we were always charged the amount that I booked with. This year when I checked out I noticed I was charge $99.76 instead of $99.12 this was our first time it wasn't the same amount, not sure why the increase but just wanted to pass the info along.

OrangeCountyCommuter said:
I wish people would not post this. Because it encourages the people who book cheap assuming "we will get the upgrade" who then become hysterical when they get what they booked

If you can't work with an Economy do not book it

We were fine with an Aveo...we got lucky and thought we'd share the pleasant surprise. It's sad that our good fortune put so many of you in a bad mood. Whatever...

Just booked a rate for Dollar for Mid Size Suv (Ford Escape etc.).

9 days - $237.08

Used KISS2

HTH!

I had dollar for 9 days at $235. Just tried Priceline and put in $12/day and it was accepted on first try for compact. Probably could have gotten it lower. 9/28 - 10/6 flying into JAX with Avis.

Anyone know where I can find a printable free upgrade coupon?

We were fine with an Aveo...we got lucky and thought we'd share the pleasant surprise. It's sad that our good fortune put so many of you in a bad mood. Whatever...

Always nice to find a bonus car sitting in 'your' aisle but it's not the norm.

IMO, it's important to have it pointed out here (especially for those not familiar with how things typically work) to avoid confusion/disappointment. People really need to book the minimum category they require as to seating and luggage constraints...and then hope to find a goodie on the aisle.

hollieplus2 said:
I had dollar for 9 days at $235. Just tried Priceline and put in $12/day and it was accepted on first try for compact. Probably could have gotten it lower. 9/28 - 10/6 flying into JAX with Avis.

Anyone know where I can find a printable free upgrade coupon?

I don't think you can upgrade a Priceline reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Is the Costco code 7014627 working for anyone?

There used to be a discount to show up, but now nothing.

Maybe it's expired?

I have a reservation booked with the AA code AD2359FDF, my Insider ID, and the Costco code 7014627.

When I try to enter the Costco code today, no discount shows up.

Is the Costco code 7014627 working for anyone?

There used to be a discount to show up, but now nothing.

Maybe it's expired?

I have a reservation booked with the AA code AD2359FDF, my Insider ID, and the Costco code 7014627.

When I try to enter the Costco code today, no discount shows up.

Usually that means that no discounts are available, seems crazy to me because no matter what dates i've put in recently do not yield any kind of discount ! Costco used to always get me a really good rate !

Usually that means that no discounts are available, seems crazy to me because no matter what dates i've put in recently do not yield any kind of discount ! Costco used to always get me a really good rate !

Are you using the American Airlines offer? It's pretty good at $35 off. You just need to be part of their AA Advantage program which is free to sign up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter