SEPT 2009 code watch

Wanna do free dining for my bday which would be Sept 20th -27th but have not called yet whats ur advice cause I want Pop since its a solo trip .

how busy is Fri, Sat, Sun of labor day weekend? Anyone been then?

We arrived on Saturday morning of Labor Day weekend last year. The crowds for the transportation were pretty bad. The crowds in the foodcourts were pretty bad. The lines in the parks were not so bad. Saturday evening we went into MK for the fireworks after our ADR at Park Fare. My family was able to ride Space Mountain over and over. Sunday we did HS. There were lines for the bigger rides (ToT, RR, etc), but we could get on any of the less popular rides (the one with the movie scenes) without waiting at all. I'm sure the lines weren't anything close to the lines in peak season, but they seemed very long to us because we compared them to the lines on Tues. and after which were no lines at all. By Tues. we were able to get on the first bus every time without standing room only. The restaurants were still fairly crowded throughout our trip because of free dining, but I suppose that's the trade-off for getting all that really great food for free.

Just booked 9/10 to 9/22 at POR.
Looking forward as always to going back to WDW but not thrilled that I'm having to go in Sept. Hope the dreaded lovebugs :eek: forget to come out this year.

Hey all, I could use your opinions or advice. We are booked for after the 20th. According to the dates people are giving on here, it looks like a popular time. Also, MNSSHP and FWF will be going on. We went this time last year and with FP we got to do everything we wanted, but it's not like the parks were empty or anything.

Lots of people have been saying that the parks are dead after Labor Day, with low wait times, even on Soarin, with walk ons in the MK.

I looked at past weather data, and the temps aren't drastically different for the different weeks. I also looked at crowd reports, and according to them, the crowds should be about the same for both weeks. :confused3

So, I'm really having a hard time deciding. I don't care if I miss FWF.

Anybody been at beg. and end of Sep?

Thanks for the tips! :thumbsup2

We stayed 5 days/4 nights last year at the All Star Music. It was one of the best trips...the weather was great, the crowds were decent and it was already decorated for Halloween (first time I'd seen that)!!

The only day I remember significant crowds was EMH at Epcot. Otherwise, great time to go. We're planning another trip then too, before our APs expire, don't think I can convince DH to renew them this year!?! :confused3

Enjoy your trip!!

Just booked 9/10 to 9/22 at POR.
Looking forward as always to going back to WDW but not thrilled that I'm having to go in Sept. Hope the dreaded lovebugs :eek: forget to come out this year.

When we were there two years ago at the same time, I didn't notice any until our drive home. They hit hard in South Alabama. It was so gross!!:eek:

When we were there two years ago at the same time, I didn't notice any until our drive home. They hit hard in South Alabama. It was so gross!!:eek:

LOL Thanks for reminding me about the luv-bugs!! We've been lucky the past few years (we go late September)...hope this year is no different!!

Holly,
Sorry to write this but we are moving to CSR for the same dates. We are down to about 4 months till we storm the castle at Disney world. Have fun all, lets see if we can get ready to find a date and place to meet for a group pic. I see we almost dropped to the 3rd page can't have that.

Chuck

Add us to the list! We're staying at Wilderness Lodge from Aug. 30 - Sept. 13 and getting married at the Wedding Pavilion on the 3rd! :love:

LOL Thanks for reminding me about the luv-bugs!! We've been lucky the past few years (we go late September)...hope this year is no different!!

Here is something just for you!!

Lovebugs.jpg

Count us in too...at least unofficially for now. Hoping to go back in September, probably Sept. 15-19th! Waiting for the AP rates to decide which is better AP rates or FD?? Anyone have any ideas? :confused3

We are going Sept 20-25 staying at AKV-Kidani and hoping for a code to add on 3 more nights.
There is an 'official Sept thread' that I started because I didn't know this one existed. Come sign in over there if you would like.

Hi, Holly - I seem to have dropped off the list entirely! :scared1: Can you add me back on? We'll be at CSR from 9/9-15. Thanks!

My family is also going in Sept. We will be there 9/25-10/2

You are added to the list

Hi, Holly - I seem to have dropped off the list entirely! :scared1: Can you add me back on? We'll be at CSR from 9/9-15. Thanks!

Sorry about that. My fingers must have gotten ahead of my brain last time I updated.

We are going Sept 20-25 staying at AKV-Kidani and hoping for a code to add on 3 more nights.
There is an 'official Sept thread' that I started because I didn't know this one existed. Come sign in over there if you would like.

Welcome to the thread. I added you to the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter