Sensative Subject

2Xited4Disney

DIS Veteran
I was planning on doing the College Program next spring. But I found out recently I am on Academic Probation. I failed a class because I left two weeks early for summer because my best friend was killed by a drunk driver. I know that they don't except you if you are on probation... but I am just wondering if i still have a chance?

it is all up to your school. you can go through and apply and interview, but after you get accepted someone at your school will need to fill out a form for you confirming that you are a student at your school and that you are in good accidemic standing according to your school's standards. Personaly at my school, you have to have above a 2.0 in order to do any type of internship/co-op (but then if you are under 2.0, you are on accademic probation).

I would go talk with someone in carrear services or the dean of your accidemic department and see what they have to say (seeing how they would be the ones filling out the form for you).

Hey, Im actually in the same position, and im suppose to be headed to the Disney College Program for this fall. I had my advisor sign the papers, but I need the full time credit, so I have an appointment with the Dean and my advisor to talk about if i can do it. According to my probation, I have to meet with the dean once a month. I have well over a 2.0(which is what is needed for the program), so I'm hopeing that I can do phone meetings with the Dean, and be able to set up the Intership so I can get full credit. I'll let you know how it goes, my meeting is in less then a week. So far, Disney hasn't said anything, but like jimmybop said, it's up to your school on the whole credit thing. You can go to disney without being inrolled for credit in a school I believe(dont quote me on that) as long as you have a 2.0 gpa and are in "good academic standing". So the whole going and recieving credit is up to your school. Like I said, I'll let you know. Wish me luck.
Jen

Hi there! I did the College Program 6 years ago (God, I'm old now!) and I did not receive credit for it from my college. If it's important to you, you can still do it without getting credit. Talk to your advisor because you *DO* still need your advisor's signature even if you're not getting credit.

If you have any questions on this, PM me and I'll help you as best I can. I would also like to offer my condolences about your friend and your situation. You definitely need some magic right now!

Good luck!

yep, I did not get credit last time, nor am I getting credit this time. I am just registered as a "Co-operative education" experence, which lets me still be an active full time student aka not loose my financal aid or start paying back my loans

Jimmybop, how does the "co-operative education" experience work? I need to be an active full-time student to receive health insurance, or not have to start paying loans, and what not, but at the same time, I dont need the 12 credits for this experience. How does it work, and how were you able to do it?

I am doing the co-op program thru my school...i dont have to pay tution only $5 for the program...it pretty much just holds your spot at the university..saying you are a full time student but are doing a work-study internship for the semester. I donno if its the same at all schools or not. hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter