ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

There was another 100 point fully loaded that popped up on my radar a week earlier at 135 a point but with an October use year. I seriously contemplated another use year but was like pass I guess. Within 15 minutes it was pulled from the site. I knew the listing agent and she confirmed full price so hopefully it was another fellow member of the forums that got it 😎

Back when ROFR took more contracts, was it actually by deal quality or did it take stripped contracts with a lower value?

Looking at the ROFR website graphs it looks like the ones they took were always at the bottom of the price point graph, but jumbled in the middle of the normalized graph. So I think they primarily were looking at price per point and not looking much further.

So if the ROFR monster wakes up, It is usually easier to sneak through a loaded contract at a higher price point than a stripped contract at a lower price in my eyes.

Looking at the ROFR website graphs it looks like the ones they took were always at the bottom of the price point graph, but jumbled in the middle of the normalized graph. So I think they primarily were looking at price per point and not looking much further.

So if the ROFR monster wakes up, It is usually easier to sneak through a loaded contract at a higher price point than a stripped contract at a lower price in my eyes.
It still shows one of my VGF contracts as “pending” when it was ROFR’d.

Yeah I think it just depends on if they have ROFR "Turned on" for a certain resort, and if it's below a certain price point. Some times are almost totally safe if they have it turned off, and then the lower priced contracts are susceptible if it's turned on for a certain resort at that time.

The graphs make it pretty easy to see. There are small periods with a lot of purple ROFR when they want points, always towards the bottom of the graph, then they turn it off for a while. I wonder if it just has to do with how many standing add on requests they have for sold out direct points that they think they can easily flip.

Yeah I think it just depends on if they have ROFR "Turned on" for a certain resort, and if it's below a certain price point. Some times are almost totally safe if they have it turned off, and then the lower priced contracts are susceptible if it's turned on for a certain resort at that time.

The graphs make it pretty easy to see. There are small periods with a lot of purple ROFR when they want points, always towards the bottom of the graph, then they turn it off for a while. I wonder if it just has to do with how many standing add on requests they have for sold out direct points that they think they can easily flip.
I would think that broker’s “Instant Sale” prices would be the most at risk of ROFR…. and those are not even reported on the ROFR thread.

I would think that broker’s “Instant Sale” prices would be the most at risk of ROFR…. and those are not even reported on the ROFR thread.
Probably a difficult choice for the board sponsor whether to promote 🚨🚨 contract taken vs. making it more obvious what they are able to buy loaded contracts for. 🤔🤔

If @Tatebeck’s theory is correct, DVC should not be taking stripped contracts because they can’t easily resell them.

If @Tatebeck’s theory is correct, DVC should not be taking stripped contracts because they can’t easily resell them.
But from the graphs it seems like they do take stripped contracts. I wonder if they just sit on them and use those buybacks to defend fast price drops or if they do some Disney "Magic" to get points transferred back to that contract to un-strip it

But from the graphs it seems like they do take stripped contracts. I wonder if they just sit on them and use those buybacks to defend fast price drops or if they do some Disney "Magic" to get points transferred back to that contract to un-strip it
When DVD takes a contract back, the points just go back into the pool for that resort, retaining their Residential Unit, and DVD can combine them with other points from that RU when they resell them. I’m not sure how the UY works, since DVD can change the month the UY starts. But the contract itself disappears as a discrete entity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter