SDV Orlando August 27 -30 2009

Thanks, Jennifer, I'll check it out.

I made one on Monday. It came out okay, but the scalloping (is that a word?) wasn't exactly in the middle and it will probably drive me insane ;) I suppose I could do it without the scalloping...I'll keep playing with it. Do you have SCAL 2?

Next year's event opens on Friday night- Looking at my package the price actually went down a couple of dollars.

Rebecca

Lisa - so glad MomE is feeling better!!

I looked at the packages for 2010 and I think the Dream Weekend will work out great, just like this year. I was looking at the local packages for Friday-Sunday but it's only $158 difference and I don't think I can PriceLine a hotel in the DTD area for less than $158 for 2 nights. Have to think about that . . .

Here is the last of my report.

Sunday morning came early with a loud “Good Morning Everyone” loudly blasting into the room from Chef Mickey’s. I tried to just turn over and go back to sleep but after 2 Happy Birthday messages in the next 5 minutes I decided to get up. I got ready for the day and headed down to the scrap room (Jennifer was still sleeping so I didn’t want to pack up and wake her).

Down in the scrap room I saw MinnieAnn had packed up her stuff as well so I used some of her area to spread out a bit more to work on the rest of my things. I had worked through everything but my MGM album so I started working on that. I had done about 10 pages when Jennifer joined me. A little after 9- I gave Buffy a call to check and see if they were coming down for breakfast and they said they were getting ready so we kept working, knowing that we would need to eat by 10 so we could go back up and have bell service get our stuff.

When Buffy, Lisa, Mom E, and Mom K arrived we headed for breakfast. It included breakfast tortillas (I didn’t eat them), fruit, muffins, and drinks. Overall it was a good meal. I am always feeling a bit tired by Sunday morning and a bit sad to be leaving such a great group in just a little while. After breakfast we headed up to our room to finish packing and call for bell services. (I had a small suitcase, my expression, and a huge tub of swap pages – with the tub I wasn’t going to carry it myself. I checked in to pick up later and headed back down to scrap some more. About 1:30 I had finished most all of what I had brought and I packed up my things. I realized as I went to do things that I had left my car keys in my suitcase so I headed over to bell services- picked up my keys and brought the car around. Then I picked up my suitcases and headed over to park near the convention center and load up. Once again no bell hops to be found so I had to load my own things. Of course a few people from the table helped.

Once I had everything in the car I headed in to say goodbye- the worst part of the weekend. At least we could say that we would see each other on the boards and be there again next year. It was then time to head home so I could make dinner before youth group. I was exhausted so DH kindly said he would do youth for me and give me some recovery time.

Rebecca

hey cut me some slack! I'm sick!!!! :sick:

I'll work on mine again when I'm feeling better!

Oh, BAMB, I am sorry to hear you are so sick. :hug::hug: Hope you feel better soon.

Sunday morning came early with a loud “Good Morning Everyone” loudly blasting into the room from Chef Mickey’s. I tried to just turn over and go back to sleep but after 2 Happy Birthday messages in the next 5 minutes I decided to get up. I got ready for the day and headed down to the scrap room (Jennifer was still sleeping so I didn’t want to pack up and wake her).

Down in the scrap room I saw MinnieAnn had packed up her stuff as well so I used some of her area to spread out a bit more to work on the rest of my things. I had worked through everything but my MGM album so I started working on that. I had done about 10 pages when Jennifer joined me. A little after 9- I gave Buffy a call to check and see if they were coming down for breakfast and they said they were getting ready so we kept working, knowing that we would need to eat by 10 so we could go back up and have bell service get our stuff.

When Buffy, Lisa, Mom E, and Mom K arrived we headed for breakfast. It included breakfast tortillas (I didn’t eat them), fruit, muffins, and drinks. Overall it was a good meal. I am always feeling a bit tired by Sunday morning and a bit sad to be leaving such a great group in just a little while. After breakfast we headed up to our room to finish packing and call for bell services. (I had a small suitcase, my expression, and a huge tub of swap pages – with the tub I wasn’t going to carry it myself. I checked in to pick up later and headed back down to scrap some more. About 1:30 I had finished most all of what I had brought and I packed up my things. I realized as I went to do things that I had left my car keys in my suitcase so I headed over to bell services- picked up my keys and brought the car around. Then I picked up my suitcases and headed over to park near the convention center and load up. Once again no bell hops to be found so I had to load my own things. Of course a few people from the table helped.

Once I had everything in the car I headed in to say goodbye- the worst part of the weekend. At least we could say that we would see each other on the boards and be there again next year. It was then time to head home so I could make dinner before youth group. I was exhausted so DH kindly said he would do youth for me and give me some recovery time.

Rebecca

Based on your early morning greeting, maybe it was good we were in outer Mongolia.:eek:

Sunday is such a hard day because it is the end, but at least we have next year to look forward too! It was a great weekend, great company, great make and takes, and even a little scrapping going on.

Counting the days till Aug 2010!

Rebecca

Thanks so much for the TR!! I never realized how loud CM was to the closer rooms!

hey cut me some slack! I'm sick!!!!

I'll work on mine again when I'm feeling better!

Hope you feel better soon BAMB. Sleep well!

Part of why it was so loud for us is that we were on the sixth floor right beside the speakers- we were probably in one of the closest rooms to the speakers and one of the speakers pointed at our room (well one floor below) but it was still really close and loud. Since jennifer uses ear plug it didn't wake her at all though.

Rebecca

HI :wave2:

I just read through the latter part of this thread, looking at the mini-trippies and enjoying the pix....I would like to join in on the 2010 SDV & decided to come over and see how the tables looked and all.

Well, I had a good laugh about the speakers from Chef Mickey's blasting. It reminded me of our last stay at the WL. We had an inner courtyard room, which I had requested for the view. Big mistake!

We were turning in early every night on that trip (b/c of our one-year-old prince) and every time I'd start to fall asleep I would hear "I neeeedddd Keeettccchhuupp" and wake right up. The Whispering Canyon is not the place you want to be next to at all if you go to sleep before 10:00!!! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter