Scrap with your Peeps today!

mommy2mrb

Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!
Good morning ladies, hope everyone is doing well....know a lot of you are getting everything done to prepare for the hurricane, thought we could hang out today to keep out minds busy, I know I need it too with Megan gone at camp, no phone calls during the night so taking that as a good sign!

so jump in when you can I'll be here all day!

Yay for no nighttme phone call :) I'll be here today!

Woke up with a headache :( DH is making me some breakfast so I can take my meds. I'm off to check on other threads--I'll be right back ;)

I went to bed with one, still a little groggy this morning...meds taken and coffee fix too! feel better!
thanks for talking last night :goodvibes

Good morning! Yea on the no phone calls!! I hope Meagan is having a wonderful time. Cheryl hope you feel better soon. Probably won't get a lot of scrapping done this morning. It's forecasted to be 106 here today, so I've got to get all my house work done first thing. Even with the a/c going full blast, it's just too hot to be working after it hits 100. So I'll work this morning, so I can play all afternoon.

Good Morning Shelia, :eek: on your weather, hope the heat breaks soon! come back and play or just take a break, I'll be back and forth today!
I'm sure she is having lots of fun, think it was more of the anticipation of the unknown that set her off yesterday!

Sheila ick on 106! Our A/C would never make it thgough that!

I am going to hang vinyl on my DD's wall real quick then I am devoting the whole rest of my day to scrapping (as long as DS cooperates. It is just him and I this weekend). All swaps were mailed so all caught up on swaps :cool1: (Besides the pin swap-LOL but since it hasn't closed yet I am pretending I am all caught up!!) Did a super cute page last night, I think so at least, with some of your swap pieces Cheryl (and traci's too)

I am going to hang vinyl on my DD's wall real quick then I am devoting the whole rest of my day to scrapping (as long as DS cooperates. It is just him and I this weekend). All swaps were mailed so all caught up on swaps :cool1: (Besides the pin swap-LOL but since it hasn't closed yet I am pretending I am all caught up!!) Did a super cute page last night, I think so at least, with some of your swap pieces Cheryl (and traci's too)

yay! happy you can hang out with us today! and being caught up on your swaps! need to share your page!

Hoping to work on the Planner Swap today. It's been a rough week, I spent Tuesday afternoon in the ER with the worst pain ever! Turned out to be a kidney stone which still hasn't passed. So the past days have been spent in a Vicoden blur. I have discovered that 1/2 a vicoden dulls the pain but not the brain as much.

Glad to hear Megan (and Mom) is doing good! I think I used to be in worst shape then the kids when they went away.

Hoping to work on the Planner Swap today. It's been a rough week, I spent Tuesday afternoon in the ER with the worst pain ever! Turned out to be a kidney stone which still hasn't passed. So the past days have been spent in a Vicoden blur. I have discovered that 1/2 a vicoden dulls the pain but not the brain as much.

Glad to hear Megan (and Mom) is doing good! I think I used to be in worst shape then the kids when they went away.

sorry to hear that, those are not fun, vicoden is a good thing! hope it passes on its own soon.

Morning Ladies!
I feel bad for those not used to the heat but I also find it kind of funny being from the land of "HOT!" this has been our hottest August on record ranging from 112 to 115! But Oklahoma has a wet humid heat I think? And at least we are dry!
Hurricane Honies, I truly hope all of you will be right! I cant even begin to imagine what you all are going through! I will take my heat compared to all of that. Prayers for all of you for safety!
Meagan is at GS camp? Very good no phone calls! But did mom get some sleep?
I remember going through all of that and you will survive!:goodvibes

So scrappers, what are you all working on?
My goals today:
3 pages
Color Swap~pink
PIF Swap~ get it together!
Check back on you all later and hope everyone has a safe day!:hippie:

Good morning Rita! yes I did get some sleep!

Megan is at Camp Erin....its a grief camp that was set up by Jamie Moyer (old Seattle Mariner) and his family in memory of a girl "erin" they met through MAW, its totally free and a camp kids get to go to one time for any one they lose in their lives. we got connected with it through our counseling at Hospice, which is also a free service to us even though we didn't use hospice for an illness, we meet once a month...kids have their own age group and the parent get their group at the same time.

We've done our errands, so we're hunkering down. It's starting to get cloudy out there, so I'm sure Miss Irene is on her way.

I'm going to be working on finishing up my Cruise Swap pieces. :rolleyes: I like having extra time as the hostess.

Lisa, I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any nighttime calls. I'm sure Megan is missing you, but enjoying her time there too!

We've done our errands, so we're hunkering down. It's starting to get cloudy out there, so I'm sure Miss Irene is on her way.

I'm going to be working on finishing up my Cruise Swap pieces. :rolleyes: I like having extra time as the hostess.

Lisa, I'm glad to hear that you didn't have any nighttime calls. I'm sure Megan is missing you, but enjoying her time there too!

stay safe Jen! it is nice to have the extra time....and even nicer to get to use them right away after your sort!
me too! I'm sure she's having too much fun to be missing me, I was more worried about her with bed time, she has problems with that at home when she's sleeping in her own bed sometimes

Rita, we do have the humid heat here in OK. The heat index is usually about 5 degrees hotter than the actual temps, so that will put us about 111 on the "feels like factor". I'm so over this summer. We've broken just about every heat and precip (or lack of it) this summer -- had 44 straight days over 100, so far more than 60 days total over 100, the hottest avg temps, and almost no rain. My DH last mowed our lawn right after we returned from WDW the first of June. We've been on watering restrictions, so everything is brown. The only record that we haven't broken is the hottest single day, but we did reach 111 this month which was the hottest in my life time.

Ok -- enough complainning. I've finished up laundry. Just need everyone to put their clean clothes away. I'm going to tackle the kitchen next. Hopefully everyone will be up by the time I'm finished, so we can tidy the rest of the house and I can start scrapping.

Stay safe, Jennifer.

Lisa, if Meagan's like my kids, she will be so tired by the time she's ready to sleep, that won't be an issue.

Ok, gotta get up and clean the kitchen.

I could not live with that kind of heat. We lived in Florida when I was a kid. I cannot stand the heat now. Massachusetts is too hot as it is!

Have you guys used the new Core'Dinations glitter paper? Nothing sticks to it! I'm using glue dots and I had to cut them and I cut my finger :( (It's a small cut, but really).

Lisa, thats so nice that she can go somewhere like that. I wish we had something like that. On Thursday a very dear friend of mine who has a 13 yo just passed from cancer. I have nothing to say but good things about Hospice. But Im concerned that her daughter may not have anywhere to go and she just staarted HS to boot.

Sheila, hot is hot, where ever you are! My DH even said that that was hot for OK. Ive been there a long time ago in the summer. Just know that this too shall pass!

I could not live with that kind of heat. We lived in Florida when I was a kid. I cannot stand the heat now. Massachusetts is too hot as it is!

Have you guys used the new Core'Dinations glitter paper? Nothing sticks to it! I'm using glue dots and I had to cut them and I cut my finger :( (It's a small cut, but really).

ouchie! I had good success using my ZIG pens, just hold it down until it dries!
heat is one thing, but adding the humidity to it really saps me, we had lots of 100 days when we lived in Modesto, thankful we had AC!

Lisa, thats so nice that she can go somewhere like that. I wish we had something like that. On Thursday a very dear friend of mine who has a 13 yo just passed from cancer. I have nothing to say but good things about Hospice. But Im concerned that her daughter may not have anywhere to go and she just staarted HS to boot.

Sheila, hot is hot, where ever you are! My DH even said that that was hot for OK. Ive been there a long time ago in the summer. Just know that this too shall pass!

sorry about your friend Rita :hug: I'm sure they have counseling available, we did it when we were in CA too....pass it along to her family, it really is a great thing for the kids, they are with kids who are going through the same thing, they should also let the school counselor/teachers/principal know too, in case she needs some support during the school day.

Caroline just called to check in on me....they are getting all prepared and hunkered down too and will check in later if she can!

I'm here this morning. I have to get a couple of things done and then I'm working on the AK swap.

To all of my hurricane friends, good luck. I was in orlando for Charlie, Frances, and Jean. By the time we got to Jean I had cabin fever so bad. Stay safe!

To everyone suffering from the heat, I feel your pain. I'm not sure I even remember what 90 feels like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter