• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scooter Vendor Reviews

Which EVC rental vendor(s) have you used in pasts visits that you would most recommend to others?

• Total voters
Do people ever use the sun shades in the parks? They seem big and bulky to me but wondering if they help with the heat or if they are just a pain in the booty.

It's been my experience that the sunshades are really only helpful for a couple of hours around when the sun is directly overhead.

The rest of the time, the sun will be slanting in from either the east or the west. If it rains and there is any wind, it's virtually useless, as rain will just blow under the sunshade. And it makes backing up a nightmare for the ECV driver, regardless of how the sunshade is configured (with a back panel and a plastic "window" or without).

In indoor queues that already feel crowded it just sucks all the room out of the room. Plus it makes parking on a bus a miserable experience for everyone. It's big and obnoxious - and for all the hassle it creates, it offers very little actual value.

Get a hat. Use a parasol. Tie on a scarf. But pass on the sunshade.

(and yes, I have used one - exactly once, and never again.)

It's been my experience that the sunshades are really only helpful for a couple of hours around when the sun is directly overhead.

The rest of the time, the sun will be slanting in from either the east or the west. If it rains and there is any wind, it's virtually useless, as rain will just blow under the sunshade. And it makes backing up a nightmare for the ECV driver, regardless of how the sunshade is configured (with a back panel and a plastic "window" or without).

In indoor queues that already feel crowded it just sucks all the room out of the room. Plus it makes parking on a bus a miserable experience for everyone. It's big and obnoxious - and for all the hassle it creates, it offers very little actual value.

Get a hat. Use a parasol. Tie on a scarf. But pass on the sunshade.

(and yes, I have used one - exactly once, and never again.)
Pretty much our consensus as well, but like I said, the UV umbrellas work well and if you get the kind meant to clamp onto stroller handlebars, they work well on mobility scooters and can be repositioned or removed as needed easily.

Pretty much our consensus as well, but like I said, the UV umbrellas work well and if you get the kind meant to clamp onto stroller handlebars, they work well on mobility scooters and can be repositioned or removed as needed easily.

I got one of those personal UV umbrellas too, after trying the huge rental sunshade. I think I must have had a defective one! 😂 It was a real nightmare; never positioned where I wanted it to be, and it would swing wildly in the wind. My husband installed it, and it was fine until the afternoon storms, and after that, we never could get it to stay put properly again. I think he was more upset about it than I was! I never used it again, and instead have opted for hats, scarves and (in the cooler months) hoodies to help protect me.

And, yes, we did return that stinkin’ thing to Amazon! 😂

I got one of those personal UV umbrellas too, after trying the huge rental sunshade. I think I must have had a defective one! 😂 It was a real nightmare; never positioned where I wanted it to be, and it would swing wildly in the wind. My husband installed it, and it was fine until the afternoon storms, and after that, we never could get it to stay put properly again. I think he was more upset about it than I was! I never used it again, and instead have opted for hats, scarves and (in the cooler months) hoodies to help protect me.

And, yes, we did return that stinkin’ thing to Amazon! 😂
Yeah, we went through several before finding the right one, our friends got it though, so I will have to see if they can send me the link to the one that worked, as some are .kore adjustable than others.

Hi
I have a question Does anyone know of Correct Telephone for Gold Mobility, I made a resi but need to make a change and every time I call the number 407-414-0287 I get a error message. I have sent email No response.
Then another phone number texted me 407-837-5939 how they can assist me
but the whole interaction was weird I asked for a number to call and they replied Im a rep how can I help you so I told him/her the change and they asked to confirm my dates and I did and I asked for a update order receipt and I got a thumbs up. However I never rec it
I am now a little nervous about renting a scooter from them. I would like to speak to someone but cant find a Tel number that works

Hi
I have a question Does anyone know of Correct Telephone for Gold Mobility, I made a resi but need to make a change and every time I call the number 407-414-0287 I get a error message. I have sent email No response.
but the whole interaction was weird I asked for a number to call and they replied Im a rep how can I help you so I told him/her the change and they asked to confirm my dates and I did and I asked for a update order receipt and I got a thumbs up. However I never rec it
I am now a little nervous about renting a scooter from them. I would like to speak to someone but cant find a Tel number that works
The number I have from my last confirmation is: 407-414-0287, but I have not used it to call.

The email address I have is: service@*********************com

This was from my rental early in April, so many emails back and forth before that due to changes to air plans.

Good Luck!

UPDATE: I see DIS doesn't want email listed... :(

Last edited:
Hi
DH has reached out and they told him the office hours end at 4 PM, the text back is in case there are after hours issues that need to be resolved apparently.

They said to call the main line 407-414-0287 between 7 AM and 4 PM Eastern, they said earlier in the day is better to call them.

But DH was also able to independently confirm that 407-837-5939 is a legitimate number as well.

There was an ownership change and they are going through a couple of growing pains with stuff like this with the phone and trying to find the best ways to serve their customers, but I honestly wouldn't be nervous about renting from them, the service has remained top notch, just something might seem a little odd at times.

I had a reservation with them and ended up canceling it and going with Walker Mobility instead because Gold Mobility wouldn't deliver to my hotel. I had no problems getting a refund at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter