• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scooter Vendor Reviews

Which EVC rental vendor(s) have you used in pasts visits that you would most recommend to others?

• Total voters

jlundeen

Mickey Fanatic
I know this has been discussed in several different places, but I thought it might be helpful to get a thread going that can recommend the various different scooter alternatives for WDW - and offer opinions on them after personal usage. Starting with a poll based on my limited knowledge of them other than the ones I have used.

Please feel free to select OTHER and then name your vendor in a post.

(SInce I'm not real knowledgeable about creating polls, let me know if there is something else that should be added or edited)

Last edited:
Walker gets alot favorable posts. You should add them. I've seen BP Mobility AKA best price mobility.

Other should be reserved for companies that that do very little business

Thank you for this, I am interested in renting a scooter this next trip for the first time, my arthritis in my talonavicular (where the ankle meets the 'foot' basically) is just getting too much. At some point I will get surgery, but that is a few years out.

I have rented from Gold twice now (previously several times with Scooterbug simply due to the drop off and pick up policy, (but we won't get into that again). I did notice now on their website that they don't have the damage warranty available anymore, so I wouldn't touch them again, even if I had had a good experience earlier.)

First time from Gold was at Dolphin and really liked that it was there waiting for me when we arrived, and I could drop it off at Bell Services. Super scooter and features.

This past time, I was at Beach Club, and had to be there at EXACTLY the time I had stated on the order to drop off outside the resort and pick up. Delivery driver wasn't as friendly as I expected. I'm glad our flight wasn't late, as I wouldn't have been able to be at the resort in time for drop off.

Last edited:

This past time, I was at Beach Club, and had to be there at EXACTLY the time I had stated on the order to drop off outside the resort and pick up. Delivery driver wasn't as friendly as I expected. I'm glad our flight wasn't late, as I wouldn't have been able to be at the resort in time for drop off.
Did you have a 7p delivery time? Miss that and you won't get your scooter until the next morning.

Otherwise calling or texting your driver will get you rescheduled. Probably 30 - 60 minutes. Gold does a lot of business. An example...you're staying at POP. Driver may have gone ovrer to AoA or CBR.

I had the opposite situation. Flight got in early and luggage was quick. Driver was able to drop off an hour early

Did you have a 7p delivery time? Miss that and you won't get your scooter until the next morning.

Otherwise calling or texting your driver will get you rescheduled. Probably 30 - 60 minutes. Gold does a lot of business. An example...you're staying at POP. Driver may have gone ovrer to AoA or CBR.

I had the opposite situation. Flight got in early and luggage was quick. Driver was able to drop off an hour early
I have been renting from Gold several times a year since vendors lost the ability to leave scooter at BS… except Scooterbug, no thanks lol

My experience is similar to yours. I usually text along the way so I can let them know if I am delayed. They are always very accommodating. Since they stop pick up and delivery at 7pm, I make it a point to give myself leeway in case I’m delayed. Figure that’s on me.

No we were at Beach Club.... got stuck in Epcot on a ride that went down while were in the middle of it..... recieved the text that the driver would be there at noon - like we had planned on - and when I told him that we SHOULD still make it in time, he texted that anything past noon would be an extra cost. We got there with one minute to spare... he was grumpy.

Don't get me wrong, I love the scooters with all the extras, but this just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

EDIT: I'll probably go with them again for my April trip, but thought I'd ask if there were other vendors I didn't know about.

Several years ago I rented from Walker and was rather unhappy because at the time, for drop-off, they'd give you a 1 hour range so you had to wait for what could be up to an hour (I can still remember-10:00 to 11:00, and they showed up at 10:45). So I switched to Gold Mobility, and have been very pleased. However, like others, I've seen some scooters in excellent condition from Walker lately, and talked with some extremely satisfied customers. So Walker is now my "back-up" choice if ever I can't get GM.

No we were at Beach Club.... got stuck in Epcot on a ride that went down while were in the middle of it..... recieved the text that the driver would be there at noon - like we had planned on - and when I told him that we SHOULD still make it in time, he texted that anything past noon would be an extra cost. We got there with one minute to spare... he was grumpy.

Don't get me wrong, I love the scooters with all the extras, but this just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

EDIT: I'll probably go with them again for my April trip, but thought I'd ask if there were other vendors I didn't know about.
I'd suggest you try Walker.

Does anyone know if Gold Mobility will deliver and pick up at Kidani Village? When I choose my resort online to book, the address for Kidani is actually the Jambo House address.

Does anyone know if Gold Mobility will deliver and pick up at Kidani Village? When I choose my resort online to book, the address for Kidani is actually the Jambo House address.

I know they'll drop off, so they'll probably pick up there also. About 3 years ago, they delivered my scooter there. Since I was doing a split stay, they didn't pick up there (VGF instead).

From personal experience last month - they delivered my ECV to Kidani Village and picked it up from there at the end of my trip.

I was impressed with Gold Mobility. On time drop off and pickup, helpful, they made renting a scooter for my husband so easy. We will use them again.
I’ve booked with them for my upcoming trip. I used Scooter Bug before because Bell Services at AKL recommended them. The scooters have seen better days!

I was impressed with Gold Mobility. On time drop off and pickup, helpful, they made renting a scooter for my husband so easy. We will use them again.
Two out of the three times, we used Gold our pick up time was changed an hour or more . Got a text the day before. I do a leave room at 10:30. Scooter pickup at 11, Car service at 12, flight at 3. That way there is wiggle room all around. But not when I get a text the day before, pickup is now at noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter