SB- Film developing in WDW

Lesley

DIS Veteran
Just a question.....

Has anyone here had their film developed in WDW? My dh suggested this to me so I could work on my scrapbook while we're there! He thought it would be easiest for me to journal my pages if I have my photos right away...sweet, isn't he?

My main questions are how much does it cost and where is it done?

My alternative is to keep a listing of all the photos I take as I take them. Has anyone done this? I was thinking it wouldn't be too bad using my PDA...since I'll have that with me with all my ps's, etc...on it.

Any thoughts?

Leslie,

I've had pictures developed at Eckerd off site when we stayed near one. I don't think they were much more than here at home. I've never developed in the parks though. I do have a suggestion to help you get started scrapping ~

You're a CMC right? Well, take the 12x12 ruled pages, cut the edges off and cut them into 9 boxes. These could be made into journalling boxes so that each evening, you can write a little about your day and get you started on your books. It could more be a summary of the day or a special event rather than individual shots. I certainly wouldn't want to spend each moment after taking a picture to write down what I had just taken! I usually take a journal and write if I find the time in the evening.

Also, I don't think that you would want to pack all your scrapbooking supplies to take with you. I'm heading down with my 3 yo DS next week. I'm sure that there will be many great stories to tell with it being just him and me so I know that I'll be doing some writing after he goes to sleep. But the scrapbooking will just have to wait until we get home.

Good luck. And those journalling boxes work great!

MBS

Maybe I'll break out one of my new TTY paper packs.....with the ruled papers in them! Doing the journaling boxes really is a great idea....

I'm not sure I want to run off-site every day...but I bet it would save a lot of $ in developing over WDW prices...anyone know how much they charge on-site?

I hadn't really considered bringing all my supplies until my dh suggested it...it would be neat to have the album almost complete when we got home...but then again I don't want to limit my options, which might happen if I don't have something I'd like to use with me. Guess I need to think about it some more!

On-site developing is about $14 for a 24 exp. 35mm roll. We did off-site developing last month, at Walgreen's and Eckerd's. We liked the prints from Walgreen's better, but when we got home I had my last few rolls developed at our Meijer's, which uses Kodak Duralife paper. The prints from Meijer's were *so* much better than anything I got in Florida. I think maybe they do so much developing at the drug stores near Disney that the quality suffers.

I do have to say that I've always been happy with Disney on-site developing; just wish it wasn't twice as much as Meijer!

EEEKK! That would probably make it like $20 for a 25 exposure APS or close to it....I get doubles at WalMart for $9..one hour. Or at Ritz I can get doubles for $13. A big difference. My dh thought it might be helpful to spread out the developing cost rather than just doing it all at once when we got home....but I think it might be better to wait. We'll pay twice as much for half the photos! And I really can't see myself wasting time every day going off site.

I probably won't really have time to scrap while I'm there either....or....ooh....I can just work with my dd's autograph album...take just the basics and maybe use a separate roll of film for character greetings (my camera has a mid roll change feature) and get that developed there. A nice little project for nighttime.....and I really do love to scrapbook...I don't do it nearly enough at home!

I had my APS film developed at WDW. I was happy with it. It wasn't but a couple dollars more than here at home plus we got a free 27 exp aps disposable camera with each roll. (Nov. '01) My daughter loved that. That was worth the extra!
I don't think it would be worth it for regular 35 mm or 110.
I think was it was a good purchase because they were in hand. I am still getting some developed from the trip before! It seems easier to pay for it with 'vacation' money than to spend another $100 bucks or so when I get home.

Originally posted by EvMc
I had my APS film developed at WDW. I was happy with it. It wasn't but a couple dollars more than here at home plus we got a free 27 exp aps disposable camera with each roll. (Nov. '01) My daughter loved that. That was worth the extra!
I don't think it would be worth it for regular 35 mm or 110.
I think was it was a good purchase because they were in hand. I am still getting some developed from the trip before! It seems easier to pay for it with 'vacation' money than to spend another $100 bucks or so when I get home.

Hey! I forgot about getting the free camera! :D We got one, too, with each of our rolls we had developed. Our film was 35mm, but our ds had lots of fun with those APS disposables!

Lesley, I think working on your autograph book while you're there is a super idea! Especially if you're staying in a villa -- a little more room to spread stuff out and work on it when you have a break from the parks. :)

we had our film developed at the WL just our first roll cause my camera started acting up and i wanted tomake sure my film turned out or back to all those characters again the next day. the quality of the developing was not the greatest in fact i took my negatives to walmart when i got home and they re-did them and they turned out great!!! so if your looking for an emergency developing i would say go for it but i would head to walmart or eckerds down there and get them done. JMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter