Sabrina & Jim's PJ: 05/26 Please don't ask....

Which shoes do you like better?

• hot pink pumps with bows

• hot pink satin sling backs

Results are only viewable after voting.
It does make sense if there are really more people that you want to invite.... I have really considered that too.

I'd definitely invite more people, I'm just not sure if they'd all come. People RSVP to my engagement party last May and then didn't show up. I wouldn't want that to happen at disney because that it would be wasted money that I could use for upgrades or whatever. It would scare me.

HiPinkTink - happy to see more 2009 brides popping up! :flower3:

My wedding is in 2009 too! Waiting to hear more! :surfweb: Another PJ to read

Congrats!

Hey tink! Glad I can now be a part of your PJ!!! We can sit back and enjoy the wild (but long) ride we are about to take ;)

Can't wait till you post pics!

I'd definitely invite more people, I'm just not sure if they'd all come. People RSVP to my engagement party last May and then didn't show up. I wouldn't want that to happen at disney because that it would be wasted money that I could use for upgrades or whatever. It would scare me.

We had the same struggle with our guest lists and ended up using this rule- we only invited our closest family (the ones that we spend most holidays with) and our closest friends. This number still ended up being around 75, which after some people decided not to come has made it's way down to 55.

On a side note, we had some people that were upset because we invited them! Some of the people on our invite lists were upset because they said that we knew they couldn't afford to come. Most of these people were added to the list because we didn't want them to feel excluded by not getting an invitation, so it can definitely backfire on you :headache:

We also thought about trying for an Escape, but realized we had too many and needed a Wishes one. Plus, there are so many other options when planning a Wishes wedding. pixiedust:

Hey tink! Glad I can now be a part of your PJ!!! We can sit back and enjoy the wild (but long) ride we are about to take ;)

Can't wait till you post pics!

I know, but it's still exciting! I think time will go by faster than we think though. It's so fun to be able to bounce ideas off of other people and pick up good ideas as well.

We had the same struggle with our guest lists and ended up using this rule- we only invited our closest family (the ones that we spend most holidays with) and our closest friends. This number still ended up being around 75, which after some people decided not to come has made it's way down to 55.

On a side note, we had some people that were upset because we invited them! Some of the people on our invite lists were upset because they said that we knew they couldn't afford to come. Most of these people were added to the list because we didn't want them to feel excluded by not getting an invitation, so it can definitely backfire on you :headache:

We also thought about trying for an Escape, but realized we had too many and needed a Wishes one. Plus, there are so many other options when planning a Wishes wedding. pixiedust:

Weird how people are mad that you invited them. That's exactly what DF thought would happen but I think I'd rather invite people then them being mad at me for not inviting them in the first place. The wishes packing does have a lot more stuff. I still want to go with that.

Alright, after I had a bridezilla moment on DF last night, he agreed to check out ceremony and reception sites. We're both in love with SBP but I'm concerned it's not going to be such a private ceremony because of the busy walkway behind it. Now we're considering either Italy courtyard or Germany at Epcot. I'm not fond of having a 9am ceremony though and I'd really like to have a full day event so how do I accomplish this with my ceremony finishing at like 930am? I'm not keen on a lunch reception even though it is cheaper and I want a DP so what would we do from say noon to 830pm?:confused3

My MOH and I were talking this past tuesday and we are thinking of "faking it up" for my wedding. It's the one time we get to get all dressed up and feel princess-y and we want to go all out. Now, I know most girls want to stay as natural as possible with the make up and do up-dos but my MOH and I, we need to do our own thing. I already have long hair, but my MOH has shorter hair and we want to get extensions. I want some for my vavoom factor. We want to get the fake lashes put in and the fake nails and of course, we cannot forget the fake spray tan. My MOH literally needs spf 50 in order to go outside and we don't want to be all pale showing up in Florida. For some reason I'm really looking forward to this. Is this normal or am I actually losing my mind? We're going to do it in a classy way. I still want to look like me but with more of a "photo shoot" look.

I liked SBP too but my DH had same concerns about being to open, but we both want to be close to the MK and castle( at least you can see it from the WP) so thats where we really want. The AC in July was a plus too!

Another probable 09 bride here!

Congrats on starting your journal - looking forward to keeping up with it.

I liked SBP too but my DH had same concerns about being to open, but we both want to be close to the MK and castle( at least you can see it from the WP) so thats where we really want. The AC in July was a plus too!

I'm really trying to get DF to come to his senses about the A/C situation and we're having a Cinderella themed wedding. The castle backdrop would be great for this and I love the pics on the GF white sand. I love the courtyard at Epcot but a 9am ceremony. wow. Plus I want to use an outside photographer vendor and I'm not sure you can have one in Epcot.

I was just thinking about something, since I'm having a destination wedding and probably won't be inviting everybody in DFs family or mine, is it ok to have a bridal shower and invite them? Actually is it even ok for me to have a bridal shower in the first place? I'm really apprehensive about this. I've already been living with DF for 1.5 years and w pretty much have everything we need so I don't want people to think we're having a shower as some sort of cash/gift grab.
My MOH wants to make me one and I feel weird about the whole thing. Any thoughts?

P.S. Don't worry Belle091507, you don't need to show up ;)

Hey Sabrina :)

Congrats on everything!!

Just a note about the shower-- Don't worry about already having what you need, at showers people usually bring a little gift for you, like lingerie or beauty stuff. You don't have to register for it if you don't want to.

But if you're not inviting them to the wedding, you can't invite them to the shower. The only time it's ok to have people at your shower who are NOT at your wedding is if you work in an office and your co-workers decide to throw you a shower; co-workers usually assume that they are NOT invited, as it's often a professional relationship rather than a personal one.

I know you're thinking that you want them to feel like they're a part of your celebration in SOME way, but in reality, they'll will be offended that they got invited to the shower and not the wedding, since the shower is essentially a gift-giving party. The guest's mindset in that case is "I'm good enough to get invited to the shower, but not to the wedding." It will even cause a lot of awkwardness because some of them may even come up to you and say, "I haven't gotten the invitation, maybe you got my address wrong?" Which would suck!!!

So don't invite them if they're not on the List.

Can't wait to read future posts!

Thank you!

That is EXACTLY what I thought. I'm going to have to discuss this with my MOH as she is hosting the party. My destination wedding is not out in the open to everybody because I wanted it to be a small intimate affair and I didn't want people getting upset when they aren't invited. My MOH doesn't even know who I'm inviting so I guess I better make a guest list soon.

congrats, I'm a pink wedding dress girl!! we get married on sept 2nd this year at the pavillion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter