Sabrina & Jim's PJ: 05/26 Please don't ask....

Which shoes do you like better?

• hot pink pumps with bows

• hot pink satin sling backs

Results are only viewable after voting.

pink_tink8i8

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!!!
I've been following the message boards and other bride's pj's and have found them extremely helpful! A big thank you to all brides who posted one :thumbsup2 . I know that my wedding is "far away" (it's actually not that far away) but still, I thought I would get started and hopefully everyone can help me out with opinions and planning.

The disney cast:

Bride: Sabrina :bride:
Groom: Jim :groom:
MaidOH: Kristina(my cousin) princess:
ManOH: Lee(my bro) pirate:
Best man: Jim Sr.(DF's dad)
Flower Girl: My goddaughter Addison :earsgirl:
Ring Bearer: Our godson Mackenzie :earsboy:

You're definitely not too early. I'm down to only 6 weeks left after a year of planning and the time has flown by :)

phew! glad to know I'm not too early then. I've actually been planning since 2006 when I got engaged.

The easiest decision I ever had to make was picking my wedding party.
My best friend (apart from DF) who is also my cousin but more like my sister is my MOH. She just had to be. We made that decision when I was 8 and she was 7. It's funny because on the way home from the falls we stopped to see her. She was the first person that we told about our engagement and she already knew she was MOH. She's great! She'll be posting on here soon too. She already has a huge organized disney binder started and it's all color coded and organized. It's great! She's really a great MOH and has really helped me with everything from the beginning.

I never really wanted to have bridesmaids. I don't know why but it's just not me. I wanted to incorporate my brother in there since we are very close but I wasn't sure how. I just decided that he will be my co-man-of-honor. He's in denial right now but I'm getting him in pink somehow.

DF picked his dad to be best man. I cried when he told me. I think that is so special. They are really close so I thought that was nice.

I never really wanted to have flower girls or ring bearers either but DF's nieces were flower girls in his sister's wedding a couple of months ago and they were just too precious. That changed my mind but I don't have any little kids in my family and I'm not sure that DF's sister will be able to make it to Florida for the wedding so I didn't want to ask them yet. I have really cute plans for them if they do though. It's exciting!

I did however, find out that I am going to be an aunt in August :cheer2: so I will have a very cute toddler ring bearer or flower girl. How adorable!

The easiest decision I ever had to make was picking my wedding party.
My best friend (apart from DF) who is also my cousin but more like my sister is my MOH. She just had to be. We made that decision when I was 8 and she was 7. It's funny because on the way home from the falls we stopped to see her. She was the first person that we told about our engagement and she already knew she was MOH. She's great! She'll be posting on here soon too. She already has a huge organized disney binder started and it's all color coded and organized. It's great! She's really a great MOH and has really helped me with everything from the beginning.

I never really wanted to have bridesmaids. I don't know why but it's just not me. I wanted to incorporate my brother in there since we are very close but I wasn't sure how. I just decided that he will be my co-man-of-honor. He's in denial right now but I'm getting him in pink somehow.

DF picked his dad to be best man. I cried when he told me. I think that is so special. They are really close so I thought that was nice.

I never really wanted to have flower girls or ring bearers either but DF's nieces were flower girls in his sister's wedding a couple of months ago and they were just too precious. That changed my mind but I don't have any little kids in my family and I'm not sure that DF's sister will be able to make it to Florida for the wedding so I didn't want to ask them yet. I have really cute plans for them if they do though. It's exciting!

I did however, find out that I am going to be an aunt in August :cheer2: so I will have a very cute toddler ring bearer or flower girl. How adorable!

congrats on becoming an aunt this august....im going to become a mommy in august! :cloud9:

aww....congrats to you too! My SIL is due August 15th. I'm really excited. It's going to be my first niece or nephew.

I really wanted a big fat pink strawberry shortcake wedding. Surprisingly enough, DF, was totally cool about it. He totally gets my love of the color pink. A couple of months ago I decided that I want to add chocolate brown to my colors. My MOH and I started looking at MOH dresses. She has fire engine red hair and doesn't wear pink because she feels it clashes on her. I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable and my co-man-of-honor isn't really keen on the idea of a pink tie so now I'm thinking maybe champagne. So, that would make champagne, pink and chocolate brown. Is that too much? I originally bought a pink wedding dress. My SIL has since convinced me that I might regret not wearing a white dress. Now I'm scoping out white dresses. I originally wanted a mermaid dress. When I was a debutante I tried on several white mermaid dresses and I love them. I think they are quite flattering on me. Now I'm starting to think that I might regret not having a poufy-white-Cinderellaish-Princessy-wedding dress. Originally I didn't want a veil either since I bought the pink dress and thought a veil would be ugly with it so I just wanted a tiara. Now that I'm looking at white dresses I am really into cathedral veils. Hmm...what's a :bride: to do?

I haven't decided if I want to have a wishes wedding or an escape wedding yet. The thing that scares me about a wishes wedding is meeting the minimum number of night stays. All my guests will be from out of town but I'm not sure how long they plan on staying and I can't force them to stay at a WDW resort. (I can't imagine why anybody wouldn't) I think I"m leaning more towards an escape wedding and having a small ceremony but having more people at the reception and dessert party. I'm really in love with SBP but I'm a little concerned about the heat in August. The last time I was at WDW was in July and the heat was crazy. I really love the WP too. I love that it is in walking distance from GF and near the white sand. I love the pictures there plus WP has A/C.
. The summer is the best time for us but it is really difficult for our families to take vacation in June or July and I think that is a pretty busy time at WDW anyway. Mid Aug. is low season too!

I just realized today that these PJs really help you organize your wedding thoughts in a rational way. I already find it helping me out. I think DF and I are going to have to do a wishes wedding after all. I don't think we are going to invite everybody in our family anyway but out of the people that we do want to invite I believe we are already over the max. for an escape wedding. Our immediate family is going to stay for our disneymoon and make a family vacation celebration out of it so I'm sure we'll have no problem with the min. room requirements. Phew. One less thing to stress about.

I really want to make the 24 hour drive down to disney instead of flying. I'm not doing it to try and save money or anything, I think it may equal out to the same amount but I'm already having panic attacks over my wedding dress on the plane. I also don't want to be limited to the amount of luggage that I can bring with me and how will I transport all of my wedding stuff and gifts and vacation stuff otherwise? Plus I'd have to rent a car at the airport anyway to get my Florida marriage license so this way I'll already have a car and that is another thing I don't have to worry about.

a wonderful start and congrats on becoming an aunt and your upcoming wedding. enjoy your plans . I understand about thinking about the drive and packing, that's crossed my mind too. We did drive for a long time but that was years ago and don't know about now or in the future. Its only about 15 maybe 17 hrs. from here. when we did drive we made it a two day trip, drove part way then stayed half way. Keep planning...:)

a wonderful start and congrats on becoming an aunt and your upcoming wedding. enjoy your plans . I understand about thinking about the drive and packing, that's crossed my mind too. We did drive for a long time but that was years ago and don't know about now or in the future. Its only about 15 maybe 17 hrs. from here. when we did drive we made it a two day trip, drove part way then stayed half way. Keep planning...:)

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to being able to start posting my ideas. I'm thinking about driving down with my parents because they don't like to fly and that will make more drivers. I have already driven down once and we got to stop in each state that was on the way. We won't have time to do that this time but it was a great way to see the US.

If anybody in their planning stage is planning on sending out newsletters I just tried MS publisher out and it is super easy :banana: You basically just select everything you want and then just type the text you want.

Originally want I wanted to do was to invite everybody in my and DF's family to our wedding. Since it is a destination wedding for us and our family we obviously don't expect everybody to come. My family in particular is very sensitive about invites. If somebody isn't invited to something they freak out. It starts huge drama in our family and it's a lot of stress to deal with. Trust me, I went through this with my engagement party so I figured that way everybody would be invited and nobody would complain. DF's side is more normal than mine. Here's the thing though, Df doesn't want to invite everybody. He thinks inviting everybody will "make people feel obliged to come even though they may not want to". In my mind when you receive an invitation if you do not want to attend or cannot afford to attend you just RSVP that you will not be attending. Df doesn't agree with me. I just think more people would feel left out about not getting an invite in the first place. Am I wrong? Here is how I also see it: Df and I are very interested in V&A. To rent it out for a half night it is $7000 plus $125/pp plus tax etc. Just with immediate family and the wedding party we are at 27 people. It comes out to over $12,000 anyway so we may as well just rent a ballroom, movie ride or Italy Isola at Epcot and have more people? Does that make sense?

Everything sounds great so far! :thumbsup2 I can't wait until you posts pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter