Rumored deals???

even though we snagged a week on FDP for Dec, i'd jump @ chance to get the 4/3 deal, moreso for a deluxe room

im losing hope though, got blurb from travelzoo re the disney discounted room offer & noticed this

You must book by Sept. 26. Note the following dates are not available: Dec. 4-6

when i checked the calenders on the disney site, really skimpy availability since i last checked...a week ago;)

think whatever deal will start 2nd week of January, good luck to all who r waiting for a great rate:wizard:

Right now I have room only with AAA discount $1208 (includes taxes)

Jan 26 - Feb 9 (14nights/15days) at ASMu standard.

Would be getting (2) 10 day mye base from undercovertourist approx $496 total.

Total: $1704

If I get maybe a 40% pin code :wizard: my room only would be approx. $810 (includes taxes)

Plus uct tickets $496

Total $1306

With 4/3 it would have to be 2 separate reservations for 2 weeks (?)

1st week:
$82 + $82 + $82 + $92 (plus taxes) $338
(2) 10 day mye tickets $515 (includes tax)

2nd week
same...$338
(2) 1 day tickets to save for another trip $168

Total: $1359 (plus room tax...is that on just the 1st 4 nights or total value of rooms?) I'm going to estimate $100 for the 2 weeks, so..

Total $1459 -->

so 4/3 better than AAA, but not as good as pin code. So my major decision would be to jump on a 4/3 deal if released, then possibly have to switch back to a room only if a pin code came out, or stay with what I have and decide closer to my trip.

Does anyone else feel so fortunate that the only major decisions / crisis in their life right now are what deal to use for a trip! That I can even take one :cloud9:

If the offer is the same as last year you'd get two $200 gift cards so 4/3 would be better!

I am hoping for free dining Jan 31-Feb 6. I do have one question, if they do offer the free dining, would it be the counter service plan for the values again?

:banana: I booked room only today (AAA at POP) for Jan 2010 and the cast member was totally clear without actually saying anything that there'd be some deal coming.

I'm getting excited! :banana:

I am hoping for free dining Jan 31-Feb 6. I do have one question, if they do offer the free dining, would it be the counter service plan for the values again?

We will be at POP Jan 30-Feb 6. If they do the QSP, I've heard you can upgrade to regular DDP, which we will probably do. :goodvibes

So, after reading the entire thread and seeing others post that their saved offers had an ending date of 9/27/09, I decided to go see what mine said. While playing around on the Disney site a while, I got a pop up live chat box. I thought I'd do a little investigating to see if I could find out anything about the rumors. Here's our conversation:

Red is Disney
Blue is me

Thank you for contacting Disney. Please hold while we route your chat to a Disney Cast Member who will help you with your question.

Welcome to Disney! My name is ****. How may I help you today?

For our 2009 trip, I was able to take advantage of the buy 4/get 3 free promotion. From what I have heard, you guys intend to come out with that same deal very very soon. I would like to book a stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort 5/27/10 to 6/5/10. Should I wait for the deal to come out before I book?

Hi there!

Currently, there are no specials out for 2010. I would recommend booking your reservation and if an offer comes out you can modify your reservation to the offer based on availability.

Do you think that Disney will be offering any special offers in 2010?

I'm sure they will be offering specials at some time but presently I have no information on any 2010 offers.

Well, phooey! When I heard that the castmembers had gotten their "wheel", it meant offers were soon to be released.

Which cast member did you here from?

I don't have my notes with me but I called earlier this morning. It was a guy and he said that some of the castmembers had gotten their "wheel" which meant that there were offers coming soon.

Well I'm sorry but at this time their are no offers for 2010 available to tell you about. You can book and modify your reservation later should an offer come out based on availability.

Thanks so much for your time. I'll talk to my husband and decide what we want to do.

Have a great evening, Lisa

You are very welcome! We look forward to your visit. Thank you for visiting Disney and have a Magical Year!

I typed this word for word and, yes, the castmember did have a few mispelled words.

I did tell a little white lie when I said I called when I actually read the rumor on these boards. I know that they can't tell you much until it's official but I thought it was worth a shot. Still waiting impatiently.:laughing:

i checked mine, and they still have the Oct expiry dates. I also saved a new one and it expired Oct 22. :confused3

My travel dates that I priced out are for late March 2010, if that means anything. I had 5 'saved offers' and all expire on 9/27. I did not save those 'offers' on the same day either.

Can anyone refresh my mind on the actual full details of the past buy 4/3 deal ?

Did you pay for 4 nights room, tickets , dining plan and then get 3 nights room, dining, and tickets free ?

OR

Did you pay for 4 nights room , 7 days tickets ( or more if u wanted) , and 7 days dining plan ?

Also was the gift card included with this deal? I am hoping its the first one! Thanks

Can anyone refresh my mind on the actual full details of the past buy 4/3 deal ?

Did you pay for 4 nights room, tickets , dining plan and then get 3 nights room, dining, and tickets free ?

OR

Did you pay for 4 nights room , 7 days tickets ( or more if u wanted) , and 7 days dining plan ?

Also was the gift card included with this deal? I am hoping its the first one! Thanks

The 4/3 deal consisted of purchasing four nights accommodations and four days of tickets and getting three free for a total of 7 nights hotel and 7 days tickets. Dining was not included in the deal at all, so if you wanted dining it could be added on but at the full price for seven days.

A $200 gift card was included during some of the promotion period for those who booked within those specific dates. My family happened to go during that time and were given the $200 gift card which we used to pay for tips.

The 4/3 deal consisted of purchasing four nights accommodations and four days of tickets and getting three free for a total of 7 nights hotel and 7 days tickets. Dining was not included in the deal at all, so if you wanted dining it could be added on but at the full price for seven days.

A $200 gift card was included during some of the promotion period for those who booked within those specific dates. My family happened to go during that time and were given the $200 gift card which we used to pay for tips.

Thank you! Now I can start to try to run the numbers in my head. Of course I know it might be a waste of time since we have no idea what is coming. But if it is that I will at least have a plan.

Oh, I forgot all about that! Can they be used for food or just merchandise?

You could use it for virtually anything except paying off the package. You got the card at check in. I just charged everything back to my room and then paid off the room balance with the gift card.

I think the gift card was for check in dates for Jan through March. I know I got it in Jan but not in May.

Okay, I know this is a stupid question....bear with me. I am going Feb. 5-9 at ASMu in a suite with my DH and 2 DD. We have a MYW package with PH and DDP. Would the 4/3 apply to us? Would we just get the one day free? If they do free dining, we can only get the QS? I already have the DDP in my package? I am in discount overload!!!! :confused: Help!

Was the 4/3 deal last year offered early to Disney Visa holders? If so, wouldn't we already or shortly be getting those emails? Just wondering & subscribing!

Was the 4/3 deal last year offered early to Disney Visa holders? If so, wouldn't we already or shortly be getting those emails? Just wondering & subscribing!

Mousesavers doesn't have a Visa offer listed prior to the 4/3. :confused3 I know Visa holders get advance notice on the free dining and I thought they did on the 4/3 as well, but maybe not if Mousesavers doesn't have it on their chart.

OK, question here....

We are not doing a dining plan if we do not get free dining. If the 90 day mark hits before deals are announced, can I make reservations and then cancel them? I know I read somewhere that you had to pay for an ADR if not on the DDP - is that right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter