Rumored deals???

Go on disneyworld.com and price out a 4nt stay without the dining plan
That will be your price for the pay for 4 get 3nts free offer

This was my thinking too until someone pointed out that if there is a room rate change during your stay this method doesn't take that into account.

That poster suggested pricing out the 7 nights on the dates you're planning on being there with the MYW ticket (probably a base ticket for 7 days) then dividing by 7. That is one night. Then multiply by 4.

If there is no room rate change then your method should work just fine I guess...

what is a wheel? :confused3

anyhow, who cares...if it has to do with 4/3, i'm all for it :cheer2:

Good question... What is a wheel for those of us who have no idea?

Thanks!
Carla

on the touring plan blog it says that the wheel helps the CMs decide which deal is better (I assume doing a 4/3 or a room only rate option?). Or, maybe how much better a deal is for deluxe? It seems that moderates you come really close in price with a % off or the 4/3.

Really, I have no idea. :rolleyes: I guess we'll find out soon though!:rolleyes1

Len Testa from Touring Plans.com posted an article today about a Rumor of a new promotion being released next week!!! He said something about the employees were handed a wheel today and the last time they got this was for the 4/3! Let's hope there is some truth to it.

My fingers are crossed!!

I received an email today offering 28% for room rate (on value). I assume that it is open to anyone.

So I'm in the planning process for January and was waiting to hear about any good deals. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, a 5 yo, and a 2 yo). We've stayed at all different levels of hotels at WDW and seem to be happiest (value for dollar) when we've stayed at Pop with free regular dining. I'm trying to crunch the numbers between 4/3 or free dining (I'm going with the assumption of quick service at values and regular at mod/deluxe). Anyone want to help??? Pretty please???

The trip I'm contemplating was for 9 nights. We like the regular dining plan. Value resorts are fine with us, so is a great deal at a deluxe (but we would prefer not to shell out the extra money for a hotel room that we are never at). We aren't huge fans of the moderates, but we'd stay wherever we get the best deal.

We are also thinking about getting AP's to use for a trip in December 2010. I remember reading something about how there was some way to maximize 4/3 to get a good deal on AP's.

Taking all this into consideration, what do the experts (you guys!) think would be the better option. My mommy brain starts hurting when I try to figure this all out...

You are talking about two adults and one child on the dining plan. Providing you eat the way the plan is set up, staying at a value on free dining during value season is almost certainly a better deal than 4/3.

4/3 is basically a 43% discount. Less for you because you are going for 9 nights, so it would be more like 6/3 for you.

Even if you were staying 7 nights, thereby getting the maximum 43% off the room's rack rate, the discount wouldn't be anywhere near what the dining plan would cost for two adults and one child.

Even if you don't "maximize" the plan, I doubt you could feed your family for the amount you would save on the 4/3 deal vs. paying rack rate and getting free dining.

My understanding is that the current free dining deal allows you to upgrade from QS to regular DDP by paying the difference in the dining plan costs. I think it's something like $10/each for adults. Have no idea what the difference is for children.

For me, a solo traveler planing a 7 night trip, the 4/3 would be pretty much break even at a value. But I'm trying for the WL, so the 4/3 deal would be much better for me at WL.

Everyone needs to evaluate the various offers for their specific situations.

Lordy, Lord, count me in.....:thumbsup2 we're just a waiting patiently also, can't wait for the new offer and praying it's that pixiedust: and the 4/3 deal.

we are leaving on may 22nd (we're just in the planning stage right now) waiting for the 4/3 deal (deluxe), we've been planning on paying for our own meals. popcorn:: just the two of us: DH & I (DS will be doing 9 college hours this summer & summer camps for observation hours):woohoo:, so it's just me & the hubby !!!!:yay::woohoo::yay:

now bring on the deals......pixiedust:

Let the obsession in checking the website, my emails, etc., daily begin! :surfweb:

So in the spirit of being fully prepared:
If a good deal does come out & it applies to the dates we're planning to go, does it mean I need to call & cancel my current ressie and then rebook a new one or can I just tell them I want to apply the deal to my current ressie & they simply apply the discount, keeping the ressie ID and adjusting the amt owed?

Anyone having done this before care to share their experience (good or bad)?

Any key things to remember when doing this to make sure I don't screw up the process when the day comes . . . . finger's crossed it comes soon!

Let the obsession in checking the website, my emails, etc., daily begin! :surfweb:

If a good deal does come out & it applies to the dates we're planning to go, does it mean I need to call & cancel my current ressie and then rebook a new one or can I just tell them I want to apply the deal to my current ressie & they simply apply the discount, keeping the ressie ID and adjusting the amt owed?

Any key things to remember when doing this to make sure I don't screw up the process when the day comes . . . . finger's crossed it comes soon!

Normally you can ask them to apply the discount to your current reservation and adjust the amount due. HOWEVER, if the discount is a Disney Visa discount you would have to pay with the Disney Visa, if there are no rooms available at your current resort you may have to change resorts to apply the discount. You are best off to keep your eyes and ears open and call the first day so that you will have the greatest chance of getting your resort and getting to apply the discount.

This was my thinking too until someone pointed out that if there is a room rate change during your stay this method doesn't take that into account.

That poster suggested pricing out the 7 nights on the dates you're planning on being there with the MYW ticket (probably a base ticket for 7 days) then dividing by 7. That is one night. Then multiply by 4.

If there is no room rate change then your method should work just fine I guess...

You are paying for the first 4 nights of your stay whatever those prices are at full price so if there is a rate change during the first 4 nights it is still considered part of your total. The last 3 nights are the free so it doesn't matter what the price is as long as the dates all fall within the discount period.

This is how it worked earlier this year with the offer.

Assuming you have already booked a package, it depends on the availability of rooms at that resort for whatever it turns out to be! Understand? I thought not!

Here is my story -

In April of 2008 I booked my family at POFQ for 10 nights (Room Only) for January 2009. In August I turned that RO into a packagewith tix and DDP. On November 6th, Disney released the "Buy 4, get 7" deal. I called CRO to see about applying this deal to my ressie.

Because we were booked near a holiday weekend (MLK), there were no rooms available (within the 4/3 deal) at POFQ for our first few nights. My flexibility to change was nil as I was not able to change some very important ADRs (CRT, CM) so we had to completely change our plan.

Our trip ended up looking like this - 1st night RO @ ASSp, next 8 nights @WL (4/3 +1) last night RO @ POP.

For next year's trip, our airfare is booked and we have a RO booked @ POFQ but I am not setting myself up for disappointment this time! I will go wherever the eals take me! Hope fully whatever deals come out, they do so BEFORE I have to make my ADRs! :rotfl:

This was MY story! Hope it was helpful to somebody! :)

how do you figure out which is better 4/3 or free dining? We need to be prepared! :-) staying at a deluxe and getting the deluxe dining plan I think the 4/3 deal would be the best option for us... :confused3

Hi there!!:wave2:

I like to look at it this way:

Free dining will save you about $90/night-$40 for you & DH and $10 for DS.

4/3 saves you 43% if going for 7 nights so if the rack rate on the room is greater than $185 you'll save more with 4/3.

I WISH it would work this way, but it probably won't. I can make my ADR's on Oct 9 but normally the new deals for next year aren't released until the beginning of November. So I am going to make my ADR's and hope that they will work in with the scheduling either way. I'm going to book as if I am on the dining plan and then if we cancel some of the ADR's so be it. We will adjust. But you are right...it would be nice to know the deals before the ADR date. Now that they are going to 120 days again that won't happen often.

Okay, anyone have any patience to want to try to see if I did this right? I'm just not sure if it seems like a great deal or not!? :confused3 I tried posting this a couple weeks ago but no one really wanted to tackle this! I think the complicated part of the 4/3 plan might be just what I've got here, that the days are priced differently now so it makes things more complicated to figure! This is the deal on our trip. We are going Jan 2 - 10, 2 adults - myself and DD19. That's 8 nights, so figured we'd have one night we pay and then the 4/3 deal. Since Jan 2 is holiday still, figured it'd be blacked out anyway. So, Jan 2nd is the highest at holiday rate, 4 value season rate nights, then starting on Thu, Jan 7, 8, 9 it's Marathon weekend rates.

8 nights at CBR:
The Rack rates are: first night holiday rate 219, 4 nights weekday value rate 149, 3 nights weekend rate(marathon weekend Thu - Sat) 159.
With 8 nights, I figured the room at having to buy the first night at holiday rate 219 and then the rest would be at the buy 4, get 3 free, so I used the highest prices of the our trip on the marathon weekend at 159 for 3 nights of Th, F, and Sa, and 149 for the fourth night, and then the three free nights at the lowest cost of 149. With the different costs of the nights, not sure how they really will figure it out, but figured my cost as the highest possible.
159 x 3 nights, + 149 night, + 219 holiday night + 12.5 %tax = 950.63

8 tickets with hoppers:
595.60 for 5 tickets with hoppers and then 3 days free.

If we add the DDP, it's another 640.

Totals I came up with, with taxes included are:
950.63 (for 4/3 and buy 1 more room night)
+ 595.60 (for 5 park hoppers with 3 free)
---------------
1546.23 for room and tickets only
==========
+ 640.00 DDP for two adults
-----------------
2186.23 for room, tickets, dining plan

So, anyone want to or able to confirm I did this right? Brave soul, if you did, lol! :rotfl2: If they were to offer a choice of 4/3 or free dining which would be the better choice? :confused:

I just went to look at my "saved offers" of trips that I'd priced out on the website.... and they all now expire on 9/27! uh, isn't that strange?!

Hi there!!:wave2:

I like to look at it this way:

Free dining will save you about $90/night-$40 for you & DH and $10 for DS.

4/3 saves you 43% if going for 7 nights so if the rack rate on the room is greater than $185 you'll save more with 4/3.

HI!!!!!!! :goodvibes Do you have a new trip planned?? Don't tell me we will be going the same time again!!?? That would be too funny:-) I did some math last night too- I think the 4/3 will work out the best for us.

I also figured out that with all the tips you need to pay with the deluxe dining plan, it makes more sense for us to just stick with the basic plan this year and add a few TS that we will pay OOP for. (Cali Grill, CP and Ohana) I figure we will save almost 500.00 this way.... I know that all the TS we will be missing out on would totally be more than 500.00 but I am leaning towards this for the flexibility option....

And then I think... No Tonga Toast... No Tusker House.... No sit downs at MK... I am SO Confused!!!! 4/3 - Free dining- Deluxe- No Deluxe- Moderate or Deluxe hotel..... So many good choices to be thinking about!!!!:rotfl:

Here is an excerpt from Len Testa's blog. The question is IF the new discount will apply to Jan or later. Hope it does!!!
Disney has a history of announcing new discounts during the last week of September, for travel dates in mid-October through December 23-ish. And October 1 is the start of Disney’s new fiscal year. If a new discount is announced, the big question is whether it’ll cover 2010 dates, which corresponds to Disney’s second quarter. (Their first quarter is October through December, and they’ve already got an extra week in December to boost those numbers.)

Update: We’ve heard today from internal sources that a “deal wheel” was distributed to Disney’s phone agents around lunchtime. The wheel is a paper device (like a color wheel) agents use to determine the cost and savings of the latest offer. The last time a “deal wheel” was distributed was the “Buy 4-Get-7″ offer

You are paying for the first 4 nights of your stay whatever those prices are at full price so if there is a rate change during the first 4 nights it is still considered part of your total. The last 3 nights are the free so it doesn't matter what the price is as long as the dates all fall within the discount period.

This is how it worked earlier this year with the offer.

Oh o.k. That's not how the other person explained it. He said WDW took the average of the 7 nights and you paid 4 times the average.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter