Rumored deals???

What is the best way to figure out the best deal? We are going in January for 7 nights at POP. I think in the past the free dining changes the meal plan to QS for values. Is the 4/3 deal just for room rates or the whole ball of wax?

What is the best way to figure out the best deal? We are going in January for 7 nights at POP. I think in the past the free dining changes the meal plan to QS for values. Is the 4/3 deal just for room rates or the whole ball of wax?

the 4/3 free did not include the dining. I would assume if you go dining then QS plan will be included. I think the 4/3 deal would work out better if you are staying in the mod or deluxe hotels.

If a 4/3 pops up I might just go from staying at the ASMu to CSR or CBR. We're staying for 8 nights though so I assume it'd be more of a 5/3 deal for me.

I vote free dining too. Since we are staying 9 nights it would be the best savings for us. I'm open to ANY deal, but free dining would be FANTASTIC!

Len Testa from Touring Plans.com posted an article today about a Rumor of a new promotion being released next week!!! He said something about the employees were handed a wheel today and the last time they got this was for the 4/3! Let's hope there is some truth to it.

:goodvibes:surfweb:

Waiting!!!!! March break would work for us!!!! We do like to go late April for our b-days!!! I have a BIG one this year!!!

I would love 4/3 to stay at a deluxe!!!:lovestruc

FD would work too!!!!! We are a family of 5 plus one cousin!!!:thumbsup2

I can't wait we should know something in a few more days!!!:banana:

how do you figure out which is better 4/3 or free dining? We need to be prepared! :-) staying at a deluxe and getting the deluxe dining plan I think the 4/3 deal would be the best option for us... :confused3

Len Testa from Touring Plans.com posted an article today about a Rumor of a new promotion being released next week!!! He said something about the employees were handed a wheel today and the last time they got this was for the 4/3! Let's hope there is some truth to it.

Please let this be true!:woohoo: I bought my airfare two weeks ago and gambled on a deal by staying 7 nights, not the 6 my DH thought we should. Hopefully something will come out and I won't have to go through with my offer to "stay off site one night on Hilton points" to make up for the $$ difference! :laughing:

I'm not all that geeked about free dining, seems like it just clogs up all the restaurants and I don't want to be that tied into ADRs. I mean I make ADRs but sometimes we change things on the fly and when it hasn't been free dining we've rarely had trouble changing ADRs once at WDW.

how do you figure out which is better 4/3 or free dining? We need to be prepared! :-) staying at a deluxe and getting the deluxe dining plan I think the 4/3 deal would be the best option for us... :confused3

It depends on the size of your family and where you stay, but generally speaking 4/3 is a better deal at deluxe resorts while free dining is the better offer at values & moderates. It isn't likely to matter, though - the two offers have never been available at the same time, so you're not going to have to choose between them!

Go on disneyworld.com and price out a 4nt stay without the dining plan
That will be your price for the pay for 4 get 3nts free offer
If you want the dining plan you would have to add it for all nights of your stay as it isn't free. You can add it separately and you can view the prices here for the regular dining plan.

For free dining plan you would go on disneyworld.com and price out the package for how many ever nights you are stayin without the dining plan included and that would be your price since the dining plan is free. That is assuming that the regular dining plan is free. If you prefer the deluxe dining plan you would pay the difference between the two

Right? He said that they are getting ready to announce it soon.

I just wonder if it will be good for Deluxe Resorts as well. I am going to the Poly in March and I would love a discount!

Lately Disney is having a tougher time filling the deluxes than the cheaper resorts (no surprise in this economy), so availability has been better at the higher priced resorts (and I see your Poly ticker - the Poly still has a TON of availability for the fall free dining offer, with less than a week left in the booking window). The podcast rumor of a "more complicated" 4/3 makes me think Disney is looking for ways to sweeten the deal on deluxe resorts.

If you want the dining plan you would have to add it for all nights of your stay as it isn't free. You can add it separately and you can view the prices here for the regular dining plan.

For free dining plan you would go on disneyworld.com and price out the package for how many ever nights you are stayin without the dining plan included and that would be your price since the dining plan is free. That is assuming that the regular dining plan is free. If you prefer the deluxe dining plan you would pay the difference between the two

Thank you for this simple explaination. I just plugged in the numbers. I am hoping for the 4/3 deal myself. :wizard:

Oh please don't let it be for just Jan. Feb. and March. We're not going until May 26th and I would love the 4/3 again!!! Well, they can go ahead and do the first 3 months of the year if they promise to come back and release May and June later!!! :thumbsup2

Carla

So I'm in the planning process for January and was waiting to hear about any good deals. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, a 5 yo, and a 2 yo). We've stayed at all different levels of hotels at WDW and seem to be happiest (value for dollar) when we've stayed at Pop with free regular dining. I'm trying to crunch the numbers between 4/3 or free dining (I'm going with the assumption of quick service at values and regular at mod/deluxe). Anyone want to help??? Pretty please???

The trip I'm contemplating was for 9 nights. We like the regular dining plan. Value resorts are fine with us, so is a great deal at a deluxe (but we would prefer not to shell out the extra money for a hotel room that we are never at). We aren't huge fans of the moderates, but we'd stay wherever we get the best deal.

We are also thinking about getting AP's to use for a trip in December 2010. I remember reading something about how there was some way to maximize 4/3 to get a good deal on AP's.

Taking all this into consideration, what do the experts (you guys!) think would be the better option. My mommy brain starts hurting when I try to figure this all out...

I looked on the Disney site yesterday and they posted that the Free Admission on our Birthday would end on Dec 31, 2009......so with that being said, they have to come out with some new perks for next year.:cheer2:

It depends on the size of your family and where you stay, but generally speaking 4/3 is a better deal at deluxe resorts while free dining is the better offer at values & moderates. It isn't likely to matter, though - the two offers have never been available at the same time, so you're not going to have to choose between them!

Thanks to you both- my brain has been hurting trying to figure it all out... you should see my spreadsheets of fun!!!! :goodvibes But hey- I am just going to be SO excited to hear about what is in store for all of us planning for early 2010!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter