RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here today with a 1 year old and 5 year old.

5 am - Woke up
5:30 am - Left room at Art of Animation to drive over
5:38 - At toll booth
5:50 - Parked, through security and in the crowd. No line at security (lots open) and through quick bag check with stroller and small purse. We ended up by the large round planter behind the ticket booths.
6:20ish - Park opened
6:33 - Boarding Group 34

I agree with all of the advice about staying to the right. That side definitely moved faster than the rest.

Waiting by the edge of the planter area also worked out well with kids. My 5 year old could sit down, and we could angle the stroller so no one was on top of my 1 year old.

I’m very surprised the BGs lasted until 7:25 since we got 91 at 7:02. Based on the time below reported today, approximately 2.1 groups per minute are distributed. That would put us at around 135 groups today. Based on the lines outside the park, I doubt the rate of distribution slowed significantly. I believe only 110 were handed out yesterday.

Another interesting thing I noticed with this times is how the times all seem to match up with the distribution rate except for those issued by CMs. It seems when a CM gives you a BG it might actually retroactively give you what the BG would have been 5 minutes ago.

From the 2 examples below, we had 1 user tap in at 6:29 and got group 27. Another user had to go
to a CM at the same time and got BG 21.

The other poster to visit a CM got BG 77 only 2 minutes before I got 91, and 11 minutes after another poster got 66, meaning only 1BG per minute.

That makes me feel a little better about the fact that CMs try to avoid helping you until you’ve given the system a few minutes. They are at least trying to make up for the lost time.

6:21 - 6

6:29 - 21 (CM)

6:29 - 27

6:30 - 29

6:30 - 31

6:33 - 34

6:35 - 38

6:38 - 44

6:49 -66

7:00 -77 (CM)

7:02 -91

7:07 - 100

7:15 - 109

7:25 - gone

Last edited:
Based on the past few days, decided to risk showing up around 7 this morning. Arrived at 6:55 and there was no line at security. Forgot my magic band so had to wait in a short line to get a card from the ticket booth. Headed far right again and was in the park around 7:10. Immediately tried for a boarding group but kept getting an error that I wasn’t in the park. Finally got it to work at 7:15 and got group 109 so my risk of an extra half hour of sleep paid off... but barely.

I am not going to be in Florida until tonight but when I open MDX I can see the screen that shows boarding group number and the greyed out "join boarding group" button. When I get
there tomorrow with my party of 9 people and we all tap in, do I hit the "join boarding group" button first and then pick my family members? I am so worried I am going to do something
in the wrong order. Also, if I have problems do I go to any CM or are there special ones that can help me join a group?

BG 20 was called at 7:15 am
I am not going to be in Florida until tonight but when I open MDX I can see the screen that shows boarding group number and the greyed out "join boarding group" button. When I get
there tomorrow with my party of 9 people and we all tap in, do I hit the "join boarding group" button first and then pick my family members? I am so worried I am going to do something
in the wrong order. Also, if I have problems do I go to any CM or are there special ones that can help me join a group?
When they start letting people in, pull up MDX and click join boarding group, select everyone but stay on that screen till everyone has tapped in then continue

Yep, that’s what you do. The app was being weird for me in line, but it did start working once I had officially entered the park. A CM told me if I was having problems when in the park, to go straight to Guest Relations.

yes, the join boarding group is red when there are bg available Tap that, then pick your party and continue. You will be given a BG number
If you have problems visit the CM in blue shirts, they are all over the park

Have fun today, everyone! My sister and I rode RotR the past two days and decided to sleep in this morning, i.e., wake up around 5:30 instead of 3 or 4 a.m. But I got a lot of vicarious pleasure reading this thread.

RotR is such a fantastic, immersive, astonishing experience that it's worth all the getting-up-early and planning. And it's not raining today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter