RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all the posters on what to expect. I was able to score BG15 by staying to the right. I was able to get through smugglers, TSM, and slinky dog before heading over to join the queue around 8:30am. I am now enjoying a comfortable spot on the floor while I wait. But even with that, I know what to expect! Just waiting for those snacks to come around!

Many people reading this thread are trying to avoid spoilers, so please be careful with what you're reporting. I didn't want spoilers and was able to avoid them. This thread was great, just giving information about park opening strategies, boarding groups and times, etc.
If you’re talking about someone mentioning the stormtroopers, I hardly think you can call that a spoiler when a photo of that portion of the ride has been widely used for publicity and is very hard to avoid. I think it’s helpful to know what point they evacuated from.

It’s been past them since 5:20! Looks to be about at security now. I’m about 10 back from the ticket booths and this is the crowd behind me.
Reportedly the line was at or past security for 30 minutes before admission began today. Suggests a pretty high tolerance for long lines at this hour before opening the tapstiles. I think Disney feels some pressure not to allow the BGs to fill before official opening time.

Last edited:
Thanks to all the posters on what to expect. I was able to score BG15 by staying to the right. I was able to get through smugglers, TSM, and slinky dog before heading over to join the queue around 8:30am. I am now enjoying a comfortable spot on the floor while I wait. But even with that, I know what to expect! Just waiting for those snacks to come around!

So when you guys are saying stay to the right, do you mean when you line up at the tapstiles? Are they all open?

Planning on our first attempt to ride RotR next Saturday. I’ve been following along to this super helpful thread but am still unsure about one thing- does having a bag vs. not having a bag matter. I’ve read people being held at security until 5ish but wasn’t sure if non-bag people would be filling in line ahead of you until then. If it matters, we will be walking over from the Dolphin. Also, we’d ideally like to ride and get to Epcot by lunch.

Didn’t set an alarm. Parked at 6:52. Tapped at 7:02. BG 91. 7:05 - Headed back to bed.

Idk why, but today there is still a crowd back past the ticket booths. Other days once the crush has been let it, it’s been like any other day. Looks like today is going to be a busy one. Even after we left the line to get in was still just as bad.
10 mins from parking to tapping in is pretty fast. Sounds like you navigated that crowd pretty well.

Last edited:
So when you guys are saying stay to the right, do you mean when you line up at the tapstiles? Are they all open?
After bag check, go to the right. For me this morning, I was outside the ticket booths next to the construction fence. They then did a big push to get people to move forward. I was then able to get past the ticket booths and over to the turnstiles on the right. Just don’t go to the 2 furthest on the right as they are single scan.

When you head to the ticket booths theres a construction wall blocking the way go past the ticket booths and go right.. but don't go all the way.. the last 2 lines only have 1 touch point.. avoid the last 2 lines

Planning on our first attempt to ride RotR next Saturday. I’ve been following along to this super helpful thread but am still unsure about one thing- does having a bag vs. not having a bag matter. I’ve read people being held at security until 5ish but wasn’t sure if non-bag people would be filling in line ahead of you until then. If it matters, we will be walking over from the Dolphin. Also, we’d ideally like to ride and get to Epcot by lunch.

Today, for us no it didn’t. We’re staying at the dolphin, caught the first boat at 5 am. Our one bag person actually beat our five no bag people through security at 5:15 when they opened the security lines. The biggest time suck coming from the Dolphin was finding the end of the no bag line tbh. We got in pretty quick (just inside the ticket booths), got number 13, called very quickly but then got evacuated off part of it about 30 minutes ago.

They’re letting evacuated people back in the line now. Those of us who hadn’t entered yet, but whose boarding group had been called, are still waiting behind the ropes.

We will be staying at the Riviera Resort. Is the gondola's time from Riviera to DHS of +/- 11 minutes the quickest way to get to the park in the early morning hours (5-6 am) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter