Roll call for the 10/23/2004 Western Magic. Who's with us?

Way to go Kelly!!!!:cool1:

Fran, when she is in the olympics, I am gonna tell everybody "Hey, I know that girl"! :)

Well I am home from work, hopefully for the rest of the day, but that remains to be seen. Gotta do some packing today, since there will be no time to do it tomorrow or tuesday. I'm busier at work now than I have been in months. Go figure! :p

Tim and I walked/jogged around the ship a few times last year. I think I might just stick to the treadmills this year. Or maybe I'll just jog down to the bar!::yes::

Ok, ain't got time to sit here and chit-chat! I gots a cruise to get ready for!

'Beano':cool:

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave:
Hello Everyone!!!!!!!! This is DH of DMOSS3377. Finally got signed on and can finally get involved in the chaos. This is a very busy board. I am looking forward to meeting all of you in person. But right now I have to go to sleep in order to make it to work at midnight. Will write more in early afternoon tomorrow.
Steve

Thanks for the congrats, Beano. If you ask Kelly what is her goal in life, she'll tell you she's going to the olympics! I guess there isn't anything wrong with dreaming big!

HAHAHA!!

I'm worried.......I think I have my stuff laid out and ready to put in the suitcase.......but it does not LOOK like that much stuff!

Hmmmmmmm.........:(

I better recount!
Fran
:teacher:

i would love to join a group that is walking each morning.:cool1: just let me know when and where. a big congrats to your dd for placing 1st all around. my dd and ds both use to compete in gymnastics, i know the amount of time and dedication you need to have for that sport. They both trained at the same gym with Paul and Morgan Hamm ( the gymnastic olympic twins) Now my dd club swims. also a big congrats to the marching band competition winner. I myself spent numerous hours competing in drum and bugle corps competitions when i was younger. a big kudos to your son.:bounce: :wave2: see ya all soon!!! Linda

Good morning everyone! I am posting before I head off to work today! Just 5 more days of work!! Well, actually only 41/2 since we area heading over to WDW around noon on friday!! I cannot wait.
Dh and I spent most of the weekend getting our shopping done and organizing our clothes....the guet room looks like a tornado went through! All our clothes and stuff piled on the bed1 :earseek:

Hey Steve! Glad you could join us! I am so glad you could become part of the craziness! :crazy:

Wow...lots going on with everyone....we will sure need to celebrate being away from "real" life! ::yes::
Gotta love Disney cruisin'....a way to escape reality! LOL! :earsboy:

Girls- i usually get up at least 3-4 times on the cruise to walk...either the track on deck 4 or on a treadmill...sometimes I even hit the class in the morning...so I might be with ya! :) We will see how late my nights are.....LOL!!! :hyper:

Okay, well off to work everyone! Cannot wait to meet all my new DIS friends and spend some fun times with my old ones! I love you guys :grouphug:

Hey everyone! That last post from tarzanman was actually me, kamgen!!! Sorry dh....I posted at home and didn't realize I was signed in as YOU! :( Okay everyone...that was me....just so you know! :hug:

Originally posted by Pooh_Friend#1
Hello all!!

Faith/Kristy - If I can get up early enough, I will walk the mile with you, but I need my beauty sleep so it may only happen a few times!! I was actually telling Kristy that I was thinking about trying Yoga on the ship one of those mornings.

Thanks Heidi for your response.

Well we are going to do it anyway.

Faith:wave:

Originally posted by pmcougar05
WALKING, are you ladies nuts!, oh wait, i was gonna try to run at least a mile, i know that sounds ambitious, but we have to have goals right, just hopefully my beer doesn't spill from my hat as i am running. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing, but that seems to be about the only time that i can get to the gym or run. Usually only run 60 feet at a time, sometimes 120, or 180, or if i am really lucky all 240 at once. Well going to sit down and fill out forms and make a list, and check it twice. Also is everyone getting dressed up for mnsshp, was thinking about some costumes, but not quite sure of what the final product will be yet. Have a great sunday everyone

patrick
OH MY GOD YOU ARE JUST TOO FUNNY MY DAUGHTER JUST TOLD MY SHE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU IN PERSON. I JUST WENT THROUGH ALL YOUR THREADS AND WE NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD. kEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IN KEEPING US LAUGHING! :tongue: :hyper: :yo-yo: :tilt: :rotfl:
FAITH :wave:

Oh yes, we are going to MNSSHP but not on the same night as you all. We are going on Halloween night and yes we are all dressing up. OMG I can't wait.

:wave: Hi All

Well since I was wihtout my car (and still will be until Tuesday:mad: ) I started putting all our clothes into suitcases. I was proud that I was able to get ALL my daughters clothes into 1 small suitcase (excluding her formal gown). Beano and I are sharing 1 large suitcase and DS gets a small one of his own. Hopefully we can get all the formal attire into 1 suitbag!!!

Now ladies, the question is: "How many pairs of shoes are too many?".......I KNOW are answers are gonna be different from the men!!!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!

Can't wait to see you all SOON!!!!!

Smiles,

RonnieJo:flower1:

Renee,
Why do you start these things? You know that the ladies will just say, "As many as he will let me take", or "As many as will fit in the suitcase". Just remember to tip your porters for the extra load.

:rotfl:

Faith..I AGREE!!! (although I am trying to do better) every year I whittle it down alittle more, so Beano shouldn't complain!::yes::

I think I am taking 7 pairs......but 2 of those are flip-flops (which shouldn't count) he he he !

Tim: does that mean I gotta give you a good tip now?????:rotfl:

Can't wait to see you all.....

Smiles,

Well I do think it is possible to bring too many pairs of shoes....especially dress shoes....I think it is easier to try and coordinate your dinner clothes so that you don't need 7 different pairs of shoes....In term of casual shoes, sandals/flip flops...you could justify 20+ pair, but it really isn't necessary! LOL!!
I say 2-3 pairs for dinner
1 beach pair
2-3 casual
1 workout pair (if you plan to walk/run/exercise)
and one pair that you wear at embarkation
so...no more than 8 pairs packed....
I think more than 10 pair of (packed) shoes (flip flops count!) is extreme for a week on the cruise....but who am I?! LOL!!!

There, my advice! :)

:confused: Um, Kamgen.........

should I take that as an insult???

Smiles,

Ronnie- what do you mean an insult??? :earseek: I didn't even see your post when I wrote mine....we were posting at the same time...I just meant that there are 7 nights...and I don't think anyone needs 7 pairs of shoes for dinner...not counting casuals....
sorry honey! Didn't know what you were saying!
Heck, I am probably gonna have 10! LOL! :)

Hey, you can post but not email me?? :( :( I emailed you this morning at your yahoo...email me woman!:wave2:

Wow! I guess I'm not doing as bad as I thought.

2 pair dress shoes (beige & black)
1 pair white sandles
1 pair flip flops (Mickey & Minnie!)
1 pair water shoes (called "dork" shoes in our family)
1 pair athletic shoes which I am wearing for travel so I don't have to pack them.
----------------
Grand Total = 6!!!

I have been racking my brain trying to cut this down - now I feel much better about it :) Thanks:sunny:

Just FYI for the rest of the family:

Dan - 1 pair tux shoes, 1 pair black shoes, 1 pair brown shoes, 1 pair water shoes, 2 pair athletic shoes (1 packed & wearing 1) = Total 6

Darrah - 1 pair dress shoes, 1 pair sandles, 1 pair water shoes and 1 pair athletic shoes which he will wear = Total 4 (Of course, if he has any choice, he'll be barefoot as much as possible.)

Can you tell I spent the weekend packing? I am 90% done! All that is left is the last minute type stuff.

Pamela

Black Dress shoes....check, sandals....check, tennis shoes....check. 3 pairs of shoes, thats enough. Finally sat down and i realized, i need to do shopping within the next 3 days! Glad i can entertain you ladies faith...yeah, this should definitely be an interesting cruise, i need to keep practicing my beer song and prayer though (see page 193). Have a good day everyone.

patrick:smooth:

Can't wait to meet you Patrick! Any friend of Dana & Steve's is a friend of mine! :hug:

This cruise is gonna ROCK!!!:rockband:

WOW, only 1-2 pairs of flip flops...maybe I need to rethink my shoe situation!!! I have flip flops for every outfit/swimsuit :p !! Okay maybe I shouldn't pack them all, but I was thinking around 4 pairs of flip flops!!!! My shoes will consist of mostly sandals and flip flops, 2 dress shoes, and 1 tennis shoe. Guessing maybe a total of 8!!!

Pamela - we call boat shoes "weany" shoes in our house!!!

Well...since I was talked into wearing my sneakers on embarkation day, I'll be packing 7 - 8 pairs of shoes. :)

I have them laid out but recently changed a couple of outfits I had planned on taking, so now I'm thinking I may have to either switch some out or not take some at all.

Hey - how does everyone feel about flip flops at dinner on "casual" nights...paired with a skirt or dress of course, no shorts??? I have a dress I wore at a beach wedding that we bought special flip flops for, and a couple skirts that look great with a pair or white flip flops I have...but I didn't know if that was too "casual" for dinner.

Thanks!

Kamy, Renee, Beano, Tarzan, Pat - Can't wait to see you guys!! Less than a week!!!

Ladies - By the way...Pat is AVAILABLE! :) Sorry Pat, you know I'm always looking out for you, man. :) Love ya!

Stayed up late last night altering some clothes I bought...had to take a hem up, and tack some things down on a couple other pieces, didn't want to flash anyone. LOL

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter