Roll call for the 10/23/2004 Western Magic. Who's with us?

I try not to mess with my hair much on the cruise...clip it up and go! Now it is long enough, so that helps! :)

Karaoke- yeah, count me in! Especially if I've been drinkin'!:tongue:

I want to go to Margaritaville in Key West and 5 Brothers (a cuban coffee house and conchs favorite hang out (that what they told me!!!)). Does anyone know how close Margaritaville is to the Port?

Last day of work for me this week, next week 4 days of work and then I will be in Florida!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

MR. BEANOC YOU DO MEAN BOTTLE OF BOONESFARM RIGHT:hyper: :hyper: :teeth: :tongue: :wave2:

just saying hello. its been a long time. I'm sure you herd from cruisers I sent your video too.::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

ENJOY your CRUISE.

have A great day my friend tell your family we say HELLO

gaRry

Well I know that when I am in KW I am definitely getting some Key Lime Pie from Blond Giraffe!!! YUMMY!:tongue:

Not sure I want to go to the Southernmost Point...it is NOT close by the port and it is just and ugly buoy! Seriously.....if it is real hot, I'll be in the shops or at the bar! hehehehe

Margaritaville and Sloppy Joes sound cool, but drinks there are expensive. There are a number of little local places with great drinks much cheaper...I mean, you gotta go to those places so you can say you did... maybe have one drink...and move on....
IMO

I cannot wait to cruise :boat:

Parrotheads Jeanne and Denise, What kind of experience is Margaritaville. Jimmy music? Or lost salt hunts?

RonnieJo and Sandy, you will be able to find me, I'm the one with the hat. I also beat my hair into submission, run for the photographers and watch the hair curl up even as they snap.

Blond Giraffe? Where? But how awful, to ruin key lime pie with chocolate??? Can you get it plain?

I give, what is a fun dip?

Carla

Nice to hear from you Gary! I hope we can cruise together again sometime soon. (Gary and his family were on our first ever DCL cruise with us).

Kamy, I have been saying the same thing to Renee about the buoy, but she is convinced we need to go there just for the photo op...:confused: So I just smile and say 'Yes, dear'!

I definitely want to go to Margaritaville and Sloppy Joes, but just for one overpriced drink. ;)

I may limit myself to just filming the rest of you at karaoke! I don't think I can get up and sing 'Friends in low Places' again! :o

Well, we're at the "less than a week" mark now! :bounce:

Beano is ready to Cuh-rooooooz!!!!:boat:

'Beano':cool:

:wave:

Carla: fun dip is a candy package...its divided into 2 parts (I think?) 1 part is a hard sugar dipping stick and the other side is filled with flavored sugar powder (kinda like a pixie stick)

We hunt for them at MNSSHP and then the trading frenzy begins!!!:crazy:

You can get plain key lime pie......I just love anything that has to do with chocolate!!!!

Beano and Kamgen........:( fine, I will give up the buoy. I'm not gonna drag everyone there if'n you no wants to go.

1week from today I'll be winging my way to Florida!!!! WOO-HOO

Smiles,

RonnieJo:flower1:

Margaritaville and Sloppy Joes definitly sound like good places to stop for ONE drink, the "Yeah, I've been there" bragging rights...so count us in!

Anyone else having brain malfunctions lately? I find myself so preoccupied with the cruise preparations, the DIS Boards and day dreaming that my brain has pretty much shut down all other functions. LOL I almost answered the phone at work today...

"Thank you for calling Disney Cruise Line...I'll be cruising in a 9 days, how can I help you?" :faint:

Cheri....you won't mind if I sing along with "Redneck Woman" from the sidelines while you're on...lol...now that I'm in "jawjuh" I feel a sense of "redneck" belonging. :) LOL

Let's get those karaoke songs ready. La-la-la-la....me-me-me-me....hack, cough....lol...hope you like it a little out of key.

Hello...

The M'villes in Orlando and Las Vegas are cool places to hang out for at least one drink and to people watch, as the atmosphere is great, and very suitable for Key West. They play Jimmy Buffett Music, show videos, and the one in Vegas has this Bikini clad lady who slides down a volcano into a giant Margarita glass, filled with faux drink. (My 8 year step son has fallen in love with her.)

JB is an inspiration to all slightly balding, chubby 40 to 50 year olds...;-)

The food is good but very expensive, but as you would expect they have great T shirts.

This weekend is packing time, I have found the fins and snorkel :-)

See you all very soon

John

:Pinkbounc :bounce: I can't wait to start packing!!! I want to go now!!! I will be in Florida in 8 days and counting!!!

Come on Beano, no fun sitting behind a camera!!!

I have a huge favor to ask everyone...

My DH, Steve a.k.a. BikerDuck, works for Costco as a manager overseeing night stocking. So he works terrible hours, anywhere from Midnight - 4pm, usually 12 - 14 hour shifts, at minimum 5 days a week. He's been on these horrific hours for over 2 years and it's taken it's toll. If you see him up past 8pm on the cruise...it'll be a miracle..lol...his internal clock will be fighting with him the whole cruise I'm sure.

Anyway...we took the transfer to GA in hopes of him getting a better position, to get him off the floor and those terrible hours.

Well...a position opened up recently that would do just that! It would not only be a promotion, but also get him into their regional office, working Mon - Fri, 9 - 5. Daylight living instead of Night-of-the-Living Dead...

So, here's my request...let's test the powers of prayer...

Please include my DH in your prayers, that he will get this position.

The position will be posted for all applicants to apply until 10/22 - then they will start interviewing. He's turning his application in this week, hopes he'll get interviewed before we leave...and then get the good news when we return.

Thanks everyone!

Dana - That's GREAT! You can count on us to keep our fingers and toes crossed. :) 9 to 5 must sound heavenly to Steve!::yes:: Sounds good to me too! :p

Heidi - I would be doing everyone a favor... you haven't heard me sing! :crazy2:

Mmmmm, I can already smell the Kona coffee wafting through the Polynesian. It will be exactly one week from this moment right now when our plane should be landing in Orlando! Then git me to the Poly, man!!:teeth:

Thanks Beano baby....

Knew I could count on you!

Steve's still trying to sign on and post, but he still hasn't gotten that danged email...so it won't let him. :(

Watch, it'll come after the cruise. LOL

Kona Coffee...hhhmmmm, sounds yummy, I'm sorry to say I've not had it...will have to try it some day...me love coffee...:)

Beano...................

This came up at our dinner conversation last night. Steven was wondering if Matt remembered where they hid the "sticker"?

Tell him, it was still there on our 5/29/04 cruise!

Fran
:teacher:

Hi Fran !

Matt says he definitely remembers where the sticker is! (was?)

On Beat Street, behind a particular musical instrument. He is hoping to find that it is still there next week!!

Wait a minute - did I say, "next week"??

Why yes, I did! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Aruba, Jamaica, oohh, i wanna take ya, bermuda, bahama, come on pretty momma, key largo, montego, baby why don't we go down to kokomo....

Ok, so i know that song doesn't really apply to where we are going, but just the thought of the warm weather and islands in that song just makes me think about it. I shall be starting to get things together this weekend, take my neice shopping with me this weekend, use her as a chick magnet....is it bad to use someone else's kid for your benefit?

Dana, tell steve i said good luck, bout time he got a "regular" job, maybe now we will get home about the same time and i can whoop up on him online at some madden.

Geesh, sounds like so many things to do on this trip my head will be spinning. :rotfl:

I did some practice drinking tonight....didn't do so well, only had 4 beers and 1 shot, granted not buzzed, but should have drank more, i am so dissappointed in myself. I am more of an alcoholic than that!

General consensus....Should i just shave my head bald, or keep some peach fuzz up top...any input?

Well night everyone, will be dreaming about sleeping on a ship

patrick

Pat: If you shave it, it'll be easier to cover with sunscreen...cause baby, you're going to need it. :)

Practice drinking...hhhmmmm...haven't done any of that since last cruise...maybe I should start, otherwise, half a stiff drink, and I'll be on the floor! LOL Course, if I only drink BBC's...I should be just fine. :)

Last weekend to do everything...pack, clean, pack, clean, pack, clean, shop, organize...pack, clean...lol...

A week from tomorrow and we'll be sipping (guzzling for some) sail away drinks, partying, and getting this shindig underway!!!

::yes:: :hyper: ::yes:: :hyper: ::yes:: :hyper: ::yes:: :hyper:

Did I slip in we got our documents on Tuesday? Also, Debbie from Dining called yesterday. Our schedule is blocked out! We got Early Dinner, what a relief!

Pamela saved me, I just took her Exell file and reworked it, adding our Contemporay post cruise stay and the wine tastings at Epcot!

Whose little guy is it that will be a vampire at MNSSHP before? Didn't realize there was another 8 yo going.

Good luck to Steve! All of us who have ever worked stange hours are rooting for him. What a quality of life issue!

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter