ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you keeping score at home, this is the only reported contract to clear ROFR in the last 10 days, and only the fourth reported all month. Someone had better head over to Celebration and check on the ROFR monster's health...
I think that my agent somehow roused the ROFR dept temporarily. Given that they didn't reply to several emails, perhaps they were all on vacation or in some sort of training for much of the last two weeks.

For those of you keeping score at home, this is the only reported contract to clear ROFR in the last 10 days, and only the fourth reported all month. Someone had better head over to Celebration and check on the ROFR monster's health...

Maybe the ROfE lady now monitors the boards and decided to make people here sweat a little longer!!

I actually got this one through DVC Resale Market. Sponsor shoutout, I guess? They were the only broker I made a low offer to that was genuinely kind and supportive of my efforts to find a deal. Probably not a coincidence it was also the offer that was accepted.

I got my first contract years ago through Fidelity, they were also great at the time.

“Low offer” is a very relative term. Being pretty new to DVC, the resale prices of some WDW 2042 resorts are still very puzzling to me. I realize that in the end it’s all about supply and demand - and it seems like this is indeed “low” given what the market is - but for some of these, between upfront cost ($7+ per point per year) and annual dues ($8+ per point per year), it’s really not that far off from renting.

FWIW, I had good experience(s) with DVC resales market as well. Congrats on your find!

Congrats! Those small ones are hard to find, especially at a good price! Aloha!
Yeah, I paid a little more than I wanted to (but not much), so I'm very happy with it. I'm cleaning up my DVC portfolio and focusing on BRV as my primary WDW resort, and Aulani as my West Coast home. SSR is SSR.

I also have all of my Aulani as December UY, versus February for WDW, so it was the right UY too. That way I'm never tempted to use Aulani points on Florida trips. Part of the "No bank, no borrow, no walk, no stalk, no transfer" mantra.

So activity on this thread definitely feels much slower than the first two quarters…but what is the data people are pointing to that suggests prices are going up? We aren’t seeing as many grand slam loaded contracts under $100 per point, but are there any resorts actually going above where they were 2-3 months ago?

So activity on this thread definitely feels much slower than the first two quarters…but what is the data people are pointing to that suggests prices are going up? We aren’t seeing as many grand slam loaded contracts under $100 per point, but are there any resorts actually going above where they were 2-3 months ago?
I think the listing price for a lot of contracts right now are higher than the past 2 quarters. On top of that, you have the situation where a lot of sellers aren't budging, and the buyers are willing to wait until someone who will, maybe that's all part of resulting in less activities?

Yeah, I paid a little more than I wanted to (but not much), so I'm very happy with it. I'm cleaning up my DVC portfolio and focusing on BRV as my primary WDW resort, and Aulani as my West Coast home. SSR is SSR.

I also have all of my Aulani as December UY, versus February for WDW, so it was the right UY too. That way I'm never tempted to use Aulani points on Florida trips. Part of the "No bank, no borrow, no walk, no stalk, no transfer" mantra.
A good mantra! I kept my VGF, CC, and Aulani all in March, but you make a good point. And congrats again. That’s a great contract!

I think the listing price for a lot of contracts right now are higher than the past 2 quarters. On top of that, you have the situation where a lot of sellers aren't budging, and the buyers are willing to wait until someone who will, maybe that's all part of resulting in less activities?
I have no doubt that the economical situation will be worse in the next 6 months compared to what it is today and that will lead to lower prices. Furthermore end of year typically also leads to lower prices because annual dues are up.

Some sellers but not all hold a mortgage on their ownership and if they sell at todays offers they will lose money, so they wait for better times - which will come but not until some time during 2024.

It definitely seems like some of the resorts have stabilized while others may still have some wiggle room.

SSR and AKV seem to have settled in the the 90s to low $100s respectively for now…but, you have people finding some lower deals on the popular resorts still. Who knows what will happen in the next quarter, but seeing a CCV at $119 pass is amazing!

Last edited:
“Low offer” is a very relative term. Being pretty new to DVC, the resale prices of some WDW 2042 resorts are still very puzzling to me. I realize that in the end it’s all about supply and demand - and it seems like this is indeed “low” given what the market is - but for some of these, between upfront cost ($7+ per point per year) and annual dues ($8+ per point per year), it’s really not that far off from renting.

FWIW, I had good experience(s) with DVC resales market as well. Congrats on your find!
I agree, the 2042 prices are puzzling to me. Our (yes, still waiting) 100 point OKW 2042 contract is about the same as renting if we travel every other year as planned, but I had three goals. 1. Finally buy DVC at a price we could afford with cash! 2. Have control over reservations 3. Get access to the lower price on direct as a member to secure a small contract at Poly2 or future builds once my kid is 18.

Part of the math for me was the outrageous price we paid in the summer of 2022 for a cash room at CBR with ZERO housekeeping for an 8 night stay WITH a discount. Obviously the 2023 discounts are better than 2022 and housekeeping is better, but I've locked in the price now and have control.

I planned to buy and ride until expiration. I also think that I could sell in 5 years and break even with trips taken and an anticipated massive reduction in price per point if I have been wrong about everything else.

I have no doubt that the economical situation will be worse in the next 6 months compared to what it is today and that will lead to lower prices. Furthermore end of year typically also leads to lower prices because annual dues are up.

Some sellers but not all hold a mortgage on their ownership and if they sell at todays offers they will lose money, so they wait for better times - which will come but not until some time during 2024.
Isn’t the general consensus that inflation is starting to abate, and that the fed is near the conclusion of its interest rate hikes? Those factors bode well for the economy.

Seems to me that everyone who needed to sell has sold. Aren‘t resale prices trending up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter