ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t the general consensus that inflation is starting to abate, and that the fed is near the conclusion of its interest rate hikes? Those factors bode well for the economy.

Seems to me that everyone who needed to sell has sold. Aren‘t resale prices trending up?
I think it depends on who you ask. All the “experts” have an opinion but basically no one really knows where the economy is headed.

I think it depends on who you ask. All the “experts” have an opinion but basically no one really knows where the economy is headed.
Yes, I would agree on that. No one should be fairly certain of anything, including where resale prices will go for the remainder of the year.

Just got the email from Fidelity.. Now waiting to hear from DVC Title & Escrow and finish the purchase. They set my closing for 7/21 wohoo!

Divehard---$120-$20148-150-BWV-Apr-0/22, 259/23, 150/24, 150/25- sent 6/27, passed 7/18, Title recorded 7/21

Last edited:
“Low offer” is a very relative term. Being pretty new to DVC, the resale prices of some WDW 2042 resorts are still very puzzling to me. I realize that in the end it’s all about supply and demand - and it seems like this is indeed “low” given what the market is - but for some of these, between upfront cost ($7+ per point per year) and annual dues ($8+ per point per year), it’s really not that far off from renting.

FWIW, I had good experience(s) with DVC resales market as well. Congrats on your find!
The 2042 resorts all seem extremely inflated relative to what you get. I think people are just not actually sitting there and pricing it out.

The 2042 resorts all seem extremely inflated relative to what you get. I think people are just not actually sitting there and pricing it out.
I recently signed a contract for BCV for $115/pt (but with no points or maitenance fees until 2024) and I'm not going to defend it on the financial merits vs. picking up some of the other resorts, but I did price it out. We already had 325 points between Aulani and VGF and my kids really, really love Stormalong Bay (and I've always wanted to own at BCV), so I figured we'd get the extra 100 points (and home resort priority) at BCV for the next decade or two while they are traveling with us, even though the value is not as good as AKV or CCV (or possibly even VGF direct these days). In defense of purchasing BCV and BWV (if you can get it close to $100), the actual points required for standard rooms are quite low, so it does help offset some of the $ per point per year gap.

BCV is one of those extremely inflated resorts and paying $8-$10 or maybe even more per point + dues is just insane (to me). But in the end it comes down to supply and demand. If anyone is willing to pay ie $150 for a stripped contract then that's the right price, I'm just not gonna entertain it.

For the "right" BCV contract I might stretch it to $6 plus dues per point but that's about it. For a 100 point contract that would mean a price of $108, including 2023 points and all points onwards.

At some point potential BCV buyers are going to realize that paying $8-$10 or even more is way over priced and you might as well just rent the points instead. $8-$10 would be $144 - $180 per point🙈

Some contracts are even worse as they don't include any 2023 or 2024 points but only 2025 and onwards, that would effectively mean that a 150 points contact listed at $135 could cost $12.65 pp plus dues 🙈 meaning you are paying more than $20 pp to use them.

I recently signed a contract for BCV for $115/pt (but with no points or maitenance fees until 2024) and I'm not going to defend it on the financial merits vs. picking up some of the other resorts, but I did price it out. We already had 325 points between Aulani and VGF and my kids really, really love Stormalong Bay (and I've always wanted to own at BCV), so I figured we'd get the extra 100 points (and home resort priority) at BCV for the next decade or two while they are traveling with us, even though the value is not as good as AKV or CCV (or possibly even VGF direct these days). In defense of purchasing BCV and BWV (if you can get it close to $100), the actual points required for standard rooms are quite low, so it does help offset some of the $ per point per year gap.

For $115 you are effectively paying $6.76 plus dues per point, assuming you get 2024 points and onwards. if I had the chance I might have taken it as well, but to me it would be borderline to a no-thanks.

Supply and demand, if buyers are willing to pay a lot of money then the price will keep going up.

For the "right" BCV contract I might stretch it to $6 plus dues per point but that's about it. For a 100 point contract that would mean a price of $108, including 2023 points and all points onwards

I would even go as high as $6. Nothing against the resort, I’d love to buy there…It’s just about the economics of the transaction.

But I’ve pretty much given up on any 2042 WDW resort at this point. Personally, I can’t justify going prices. You get an extra 24 years buying at Polynesian for just a little bit extra ($20-$25) per point in some cases.

Last edited:
I would even go as high as $6. Nothing against the resort, I’d love to buy there…It’s just about the economics of the transaction.

But I’ve pretty much given up on any 2042 WDW resort at this point. Personally, I can’t justify going prices. You get an extra 24 years buying at Polynesian for just a little bit extra ($20-$25) per point in some cases.
I get where you are going but 17 years of fabulous and amazing vacations vs 30 (ish) years of just okay vacation’s then I would pick the 17 years even if it cost me more.

If both the 17 and 30’years was fabulous and amazing then I would go with the 30 years.

I get where you are going but 17 years of fabulous and amazing vacations vs 30 (ish) years of just okay vacation’s then I would pick the 17 years even if it cost me more.

If both the 17 and 30’years was fabulous and amazing then I would go with the 30 years.

Exactly why I bought a RIV resale for $152….rather spend more to own there!

The other advantage of the 2042 resorts is that the points charts are so darn cheap! A BC 2BD is cheaper than a VGF (I know) or RIV (I think) 1BD for the dates I was looking at, and we just love the location.

That being said we are full on 2042 properties (BC and OKW). My mom wants to add more VGF direct and I go back and forth about adding RIV resale. If we could sell our OKW to Disney at a reasonable price we would have already purchased the new contracts. I also think we have too much at AKL but we use it as SAP so that’s fine.

My mom is also debating trying to buy VGC or the new Disneyland tower, but that will probably require some inherited money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter