ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughhhhh. Was supposed to close yesterday but the seller waited until the last minute and decided to not use the complimentary online notary service the title company offers and do things old school. Now I have to wait until they receive and send the paperwork back.

Was hoping to use those points for a booking I have to do soon, but the timing won’t work for me now.
I feel your pain...same thing happened to us. We signed 02/29. The sellers didn't use online (why idk). Closing didn't take place until yesterday 03/14. Deed recorded today, but now we have to wait for Disney. Seems like the sellers would want their money ASAP. We definitely want our points ASAP!

Ughhhhh. Was supposed to close yesterday but the seller waited until the last minute and decided to not use the complimentary online notary service the title company offers and do things old school. Now I have to wait until they receive and send the paperwork back.

Was hoping to use those points for a booking I have to do soon, but the timing won’t work for me now.
So frustrating! But the online notary can be tricky for older people who are not internet savvy or have the correct technology.

Sad for you. I'm likely going to miss a Halloween trip too. I'm waiting on an International Seller who mailed documents (not expected to arrive for another 10 days). Maybe I'll shop around in the meantime, more than a little irritated at their attitude since they got asking price.

I sold my Wilderness Lodge to buy Poly in 2014 and regretted it ever since. Here I am 10 years later buying it back. Some people hate the transportation system but the place seems more tranquil and beautiful than my other resorts. I’m very glad to be back 😊
I bought and sold BRV within a year... and I think I may regret it at some point. lol (transportation was one of my not so great opinions)

I’m in a similar boat. My new Aulani sub contract passed ROFR on 2/14, took almost 2 weeks for me to get the closing docs. UK seller could have done online notary but opted to do an in person appointment at the consulate and scheduled it for March 11. That appointment didn’t happen for some reason so now they’re rescheduled for March 18. But the price is sooooo good that I can’t be that mad at them.

Bfried17---$104-$24268-210-SSR-Feb-0/23, 420/24, 210/25- sent 3/7

Bfried17---$100-$17951-160-SSR-Sep-0/23, 262/24, 160/25- sent 3/14

Thought about one before and than ended up going for two. First time trying for a DVC so hoping I didn’t overpay too bad
Before your 10 day window to cancel runs out, I wanted to ask if you understand Use Years entirely. Since you are buying DVC for the first time are you sure you want and are prepared for 2 different Use Years?

I feel your pain...same thing happened to us. We signed 02/29. The sellers didn't use online (why idk). Closing didn't take place until yesterday 03/14. Deed recorded today, but now we have to wait for Disney. Seems like the sellers would want their money ASAP. We definitely want our points ASAP!
I don’t know which Title Company but I know one of the Title Companies wanted to charge me $75 for their online notary service when I was closing. I chose to do it “old school” because I could get it notarized for free locally.

I’m in a similar boat. My new Aulani sub contract passed ROFR on 2/14, took almost 2 weeks for me to get the closing docs. UK seller could have done online notary but opted to do an in person appointment at the consulate and scheduled it for March 11. That appointment didn’t happen for some reason so now they’re rescheduled for March 18. But the price is sooooo good that I can’t be that mad at them.
Do international sales see a lower than average price? I am thinking they could be impacted by some resale shoppers avoiding them because of the extra paperwork and not wanting to share their social security number.

Do international sales see a lower than average price? I am thinking they could be impacted by some resale shoppers avoiding them because of the extra paperwork and not wanting to share their social security number.
Like Service Fees, sometimes you don’t know it’s an International Seller until you get the Purchase Agreement - which then feels awkward to renegotiate…?

I know I was looking to avoid an international seller when I was looking for my contract. I wasn’t absolutely against it, but I certainly put them aside.

Like Service Fees, sometimes you don’t know it’s an International Seller until you get the Purchase Agreement - which then feels awkward to renegotiate…?
I noticed that some of the brokers put international seller in the description. That should be standard.

I doubt I could buy an international contract under my current membership because if they needed my wife's social security number she would be concerned.

I guess I could buy it myself and then do a gratuitous transfer and move it to my membership. Extra work and extra costs that would need to be offset in what I offer.

I don’t know which Title Company but I know one of the Title Companies wanted to charge me $75 for their online notary service when I was closing. I chose to do it “old school” because I could get it notarized for free locally.
I would certainly understand that- but it's dvcclosings.com...no charge for online notary service.

It's not a huge deal. I'm sure the sellers had their reasons. But from a buyers perspective, we likely would have had points loaded today, aside from a 7-10 day extra wait.

I’m in a similar boat. My new Aulani sub contract passed ROFR on 2/14, took almost 2 weeks for me to get the closing docs. UK seller could have done online notary but opted to do an in person appointment at the consulate and scheduled it for March 11. That appointment didn’t happen for some reason so now they’re rescheduled for March 18….
A lot of Aulani resales seem to be International Sellers. With Aulani, I would always ask the Broker upfront. We should probably ask anytime we want the points by a certain date. The purchase agreements have only “Seller-friendly” deadlines.

Yep. I asked whether it was international seller first before putting in my offer. The hassles some buyers had faced (what I read on here) were enough to scare me away.

These weren't added to the data earlier because of my formating. Lumping them together now.

DVC Resale Market/Magic Vacation Title

jcolvin5---$102-$18822-160-AKV-Feb-0/23, 160/24, 160/25, 160/26- sent 2/18, passed 3/5
jcolvin5---$102-$18813-160-AKV-Feb-0/23, 159/24, 160/25, 160/26- sent 2/20, passed 3/4
jcolvin5---$95-$25787-250-SSR-Oct-99/23, 163/24, 250/25- sent 2/28, passed 3/18

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter