ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before your 10 day window to cancel runs out, I wanted to ask if you understand Use Years entirely. Since you are buying DVC for the first time are you sure you want and are prepared for 2 different Use Years?
Yes we thought about that and realized it after and it will work out for when we when to schedule the trips with the two use years

A lot of Aulani resales seem to be International Sellers. With Aulani, I would always ask the Broker upfront. We should probably ask anytime we want the points by a certain date. The purchase agreements have only “Seller-friendly” deadlines.
It was disclosed to me when I made the offer so I knew it would take longer but it still feels like forever to wait even when you know ahead of time.

Nice! Are you planning to do a split stay (BWV/VGF) for your trip next year?
That is what we’ve settled on. I had actually given up on even looking at BC/BW, but I saw a 50pter pop up (don’t look at aggregators if you don't want to buy) in what is now our WDW UY and decided to pull the trigger.

My wife has said that she would probably prefer BC because it is quieter & closer to World Showcase…. but is OK with BW because the location is still great and we’ll get plenty of quite at VGF.

To get 11m for our 2025 Spring Break trip we are getting to the point where we needed to pull the trigger or forever hold our peace.

Now the question is 2 nights in a 2BD or 3 nights in 2 separate studios. My wife has said she won’t play the “1bathroom game”.

That is what we’ve settled on. I had actually given up on even looking at BC/BW, but I saw a 50pter pop up (don’t look at aggregators if you don't want to buy) in what is now our WDW UY and decided to pull the trigger.

My wife has said that she would probably prefer BC because it is quieter & closer to World Showcase…. but is OK with BW because the location is still great and we’ll get plenty of quite at VGF.

To get 11m for our 2025 Spring Break trip we are getting to the point where we needed to pull the trigger or forever hold our peace.

Now the question is 2 nights in a 2BD or 3 nights in 2 separate studios. My wife has said she won’t play the “1bathroom game”.

Remind me again - how many people are in your family?
We do okay with 1 bathroom for just the 3 of us. But I'm really looking forward to having more points someday to upgrade...at least to a 1-bedroom at VGC!

We already missed the 11-month mark for our next possible WDW trip. So not sure what our plans will be at this point.

Remind me again - how many people are in your family?
We do okay with 1 bathroom for just the 3 of us. But I'm really looking forward to having more points someday to upgrade...at least to a 1-bedroom at VGC!

We already missed the 11-month mark for our next possible WDW trip. So not sure what our plans will be at this point.
We have 4, but with my boys will be 15 and 11.

At what age can kids go to the park without parents?
We're bad parents. We sent ours off for an evening at Hollywood Studios when they were 11 and 12. They spent the whole time looping around ToT. Got about 16 rides in. This was in the days before mobiles were ubiquitous. We gave them walkie talkies. They told me off for checking in while they were on the ride.

We're bad parents. We sent ours off for an evening at Hollywood Studios when they were 11 and 12. They spent the whole time looping around ToT. Got about 16 rides in. This was in the days before mobiles were ubiquitous. We gave them walkie talkies. They told me off for checking in while they were on the ride.
When I was 10, my dad treated our local Six Flags park like summer camp, he would drop me and a friend (both smaller than average girls!) off in the morning at park opening with our season pass and $20 and pick us up in the evenings. I’m not going to go to that extreme but I would think middle school is appropriate to let (responsible!) kids hang out at a Disney park on their own.

When I was 10, my dad treated our local Six Flags park like summer camp, he would drop me and a friend (both smaller than average girls!) off in the morning at park opening with our season pass and $20 and pick us up in the evenings. I’m not going to go to that extreme but I would think middle school is appropriate to let (responsible!) kids hang out at a Disney park on their own.
I'm thinking much safer at Disney than Six Flags! lol

As a teen (14/15ish) we would do the same at the local park (Great America), with passes, it was a great way to spend the day with friends and without parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter