Rivers of Light Dining Package Lookout Thread - NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS

I was able to get a 1:45 lunch reservation at Tusker House on 9/28. i see they only have every other day available right now. I had to change my planned AK day from 9/25 to 9/28 to get the dining package. is there a chance they'll add more days to September? Also if the reservation says 1st show, does this mean the park might be open longer than the 9 pm closing they have right now?
It says first show even if there is only 1 show. No one knows if they will add more dates. But they did not add dates to march or April after initial schedule

I was finally able to find a time on 7/24. It was breakfast and we were trying for dinner but grabbed what we could and then will adjust if we can.

I just cancelled our ROL lunch at the tusker house on Thursday June 8, so that time is open if someone wants that day.

Have a TH for 6 at 10:30 on Sunday, 7/9. Was really hoping for an 8 am PPO (no EMH so far on that day). So I kept trying all day, with 8:00am as my search time. Just a after I attempted an 8 am search and was told nothing was available, I searched for 8:30... not really sure why... lo and behold, an 8:05 popped up!? Guess my advice would be to search all times even remotely close to what you're looking for, there is no reason to some of the times coming back. On a side note, once I confirm with the group that we want the 8:05, I'll release the 10:30--let me know if anyone wants to be at the ready when I do.

I got a 10:50 a.m. Will we be eating breakfast food or lunch?
It will be switching over shortly after your time. So as things from breakfast become empty they replace with lunch food. You will be charged for breakfast, but will hopefully be able to get some breakfast food before it's switched out.

How do you know only breakfast has been released? And why?

It is so bizarre. I scored a 4pm dinner (along with a few others) for 8/21 a few days ago. Never saw any other times reported - just times between 4 and 5:30.

Today, NO dinners have been reported, just breakfasts between 8am and 10:55am.

I agree with the theory that some IT guy is just rolling on the floor laughing!

I am now seriously considering skipping the whole package and not taking my 3.5yr old niece to watch ROL. The rest of us can take turns to watch it (so she can go to bed early) with FPs. Instead of booking halfway through our trip, I am going to try for a reservation on our last day so we have time to cancel after seeing how my niece copes with Happily Ever After and Fantasmic.

Called this morning and got 9:15 ROL at TH on 8/23, wanted 10:30. Called this afternoon and CM said nothing available. Went on line 10 minutes later and 10:30 popped up!!! So now I have a 9:15 to cancel. So keep trying you never now when the pixie dust pixiedust: will fall!!

I also have a 4:05 ROL at TH on 8/23 to cancel.

I swear there's some IT person with a really sick sense of humor sitting in a room laughing as they randomly release and take away various times and dates. There's no logical explanation for releasing September backwards, lunch and dinner but no breakfast and vice versa, etc. :rotfl:
Remember when Disney was using the new visa system to replace a large amount of IT CMs?? Essentially IT CMs were training their replacements.......

It is so bizarre. I scored a 4pm dinner (along with a few others) for 8/21 a few days ago. Never saw any other times reported - just times between 4 and 5:30.

Today, NO dinners have been reported, just breakfasts between 8am and 10:55am.

Today they released July and first part of Aug. It seems dates previously released have dinner and maybe lunch (can't remember) but dates released today seem to be breakfast only for now.

Wow, the reservation system is REALLY screwy. Just keep refreshing is all I have to say! I can refresh 20 times and 19 times it will say no tables available and then the next refresh suddenly I can choose from 3 different open times?! I was able to book my ROL 10:35 breakfast finally but phew something is wonky with the system.

Today they released July and first part of Aug. It seems dates previously released have dinner and maybe lunch (can't remember) but dates released today seem to be breakfast only for now.

What is curious is that among all those that scored breakfast reservations today, there must have been folks who dropped a previous dinner reservation and someone should have been able to snag it.

What is curious is that among all those that scored breakfast reservations today, there must have been folks who dropped a previous dinner reservation and someone should have been able to snag it.
Non package dinner yes. But apparently no one has yet been able to get a lunch or dinner package for July or early Aug to cancel

This is really bizarre. For 8/18, Every 20-30 tries I get a 10:35 time. I don't take it as I have a 10:40 and trying for something closer to noon.

Every time I see it I immediately search again and it's gone. Until 20-30 times later, and it comes back. If they were adding additional times, or people were cancelling, you'd think it would be different times that show up, and not the same exact time.

I think the technical term for this is "MESSED UP"!! (*edited for propriety*)

:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter