Rise of the Resistance.....did I notice a change?

SpaceMan5

DIS Veteran
Rise is one of our favorite rides, even with the added cost of purchasing a LL but that is for a another discussion.

We went in Jan 2023 and the same in 2024. Here is what felt different to me....

2023 - Part 1 - when entering the room with the Stormtroopers (one of best parts of the ride, the sheer magnitude of it) we were able to roam about a bit, take some pictures and then move to the next section.
Part 2 - While waiting to enter the holding cell the bad dudes and dudettes would "interrogate" you and be very stern when asking you asking you questions.

Jump to hyperspace 2024 - Part 1 - there was an Imperial Officer waiting for you almost immediately upon entering the room with the Troopers, ushering you to the next part. It felt way more rushed and didn't feel I had the time to take it all in like last year.
Part 2 - The officers seemed way more subdued and there wasn't much interaction.

I will add that I can understand the need to move as many ppl along as possible to shorten the wait times. Maybe ppl complained about the interrogation?

What say you fellow Dis'ers. did I imagine this or is it a real thing? Cheers!

The biggest change I've noticed is that the ship that you take after the initial room hardly moves at all. It used to move quite a bit so that you needed to hold on, which was really fun and made it seem much more like you were on a ship. I think it's hit or miss with interrogations, but yes, I'd agree that lately (in Disneyland at least) very little interaction.

The biggest change I've noticed is that the ship that you take after the initial room hardly moves at all. It used to move quite a bit so that you needed to hold on, which was really fun and made it seem much more like you were on a ship. I think it's hit or miss with interrogations, but yes, I'd agree that lately (in Disneyland at least) very little interaction.
I read somewhere that they have fixed the mechanisms to shake all three of the “ships” you enter at the beginning. When we were there a week ago the ship was definitely rocking. I was excited because I had noticed it gone too.

When I was there in June the officers / interrogators seemed just as intense as previous visits. They snapped at people and got really annoyed when guests weren't standing on their proper line.

The last 2 times I've been (Nov and Dec), there was very little interaction and they did whisk us through the Storm Trooper area very quickly.

I've also wondered if they're ever going to fix the giant cannon things so they recoil when fired like they used to. That was a cool effect because your vehicle had to sort of dodge the cannon as it moved back and forth.

The last 2 times I've been (Nov and Dec), there was very little interaction and they did whisk us through the Storm Trooper area very quickly.

I've also wondered if they're ever going to fix the giant cannon things so they recoil when fired like they used to. That was a cool effect because your vehicle had to sort of dodge the cannon as it moved back and forth.
I remember the “cat and mouse” effect of the canons when the ride first opened. That was so incredibly cool. I don’t think they will go back to that unfortunately. I heard a rumor the feature was too problematic, but who knows if that’s true.

The interrogations are highly dependent on which CM you get. We’ve gotten lucky with some really good ones in the past.

So true, I noticed that as well.

We had great interrogators on our last trip. I was with a big group and didn't know if I was going to ride or not, I love the ride but it makes me sick. I ended up not doing it and had to ask to leave and the interrogator was super mean to me (in a very fun way) and took me to a door, as soon as we hit the hallway a switch flipped and he started talking to me about random fun things. He had almost a surfer guy tone to his voice instead of the barking at me a second ago. I appreciate when you get the "mean" ones.

Like the Yeti -- forever 'fixed' That's why you ride it when new :)

I think interactions greatly depend on the CMs at the time. Like a Jungle Cruise Skipper, they are not all the same and are not all as good at playing the role. I've had some great ones, and some not so great. I think how long they let you dawdle in the room with the troopers depends on how busy/backed up they are. They do try to get you moving when they need to.

I agree 100% that it depends on the CM that are working at the time.

Regarding the storm trooper room, guests often stand by the door to rush out and be the first in line for the next queue. The storm troopers bark at them to "move move move." We let others leave first and wait until the end so that we can take pictures. They never bother us until the group has essentially moved on without us. :snail:

Lilley? (Thanks in advance!)
Typo for likely?

I agree that it depends a lot on the CM as far as the interrogation. I've also found that you can still 'linger' a bit in the stormtrooper room and even if they are pushing you along they won't push too hard. You can also "game this" by being one of the last ones off the shuttle. If you're not holding up others they're usually a little more lenient.

I also loved the cannon room and wish they would turn the effect back on. I too heard it was a significant cause of ride downtime and that was the reason it's no longer used.

I also loved the cannon room and wish they would turn the effect back on. I too heard it was a significant cause of ride downtime and that was the reason it's no longer used.

I think the fact that Rise has never had a refurbishment period is also partly responsible for this. Whatever is wrong with the cannon effect is clearly not something they can fix overnight. And they'd rather keep a VERY busy (and very lucrative) ride open as much as possible rather than close it for even a week or two.

That said, I would not be surprised to see it get a refurb eventually. But, no way it will happen before Tiana opens and Haunted Mansion reopens. They'll need those rides to swallow up crowds while Rise is down. And it also won't happen during any busy season (i.e. Halloween).

I think interactions greatly depend on the CMs at the time. Like a Jungle Cruise Skipper, they are not all the same and are not all as good at playing the role. I've had some great ones, and some not so great. I think how long they let you dawdle in the room with the troopers depends on how busy/backed up they are. They do try to get you moving when they need to.
I agree with you across the board or should I say galaxy. :darth: I know, weak attempt at some humor 😄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter