Restaurant reviews and recipes...formerly Disney QOTD

We were not allowed on the walkway, which was one area I wanted to check out.
However the remaining was pretty fabulous.
Entered through the lobby.
Visited:
Community Hall, down the hall on the right.
2BR Villa
Grand Villa
(MK and Bay Lake side)
Top of the World Lounge & Deck
Bay Cove Bar
Pool area

Saw the names on the Tempo fountain. Of course way too many to read. But pretty cool.

A studio sleeps 4.
1BR Villa sleeps up to 5.
2 BR Villa sleeps up to 9.
3 BR, 2 story, Grand Villa sleeps up to 12.

And let me tell ya, that Grand Villa is huge. Over 2100 sq ft I think. I just felt like I fell into a large dining area as I walked through the door. LOTS of ROOM to roam, and spread out. Dark wood floors. LONG rectangular dining table. Windows every where.

And even the views coming off the elevators and waiting for them are something.

I forgot to look at the lighting in the lobby. But I did snap a photo of it in the Top of the World. And very cool dual monorails painted (or somehow displayed) in the glass behind the bar area.
Lots of shiny polished marble everywhere. It gleams.

I tried posting some using the photos I have in snapfish, and only could see big red X's. :rolleyes:
Maybe will try this weekend. But I do have over 90 photos. Although many of them are similar.

I know someone who stayed there last night and looking forward to hearing about their experience.

I would have to say a tie between Soarin and Test Track.

I have never been able to post pictures using snapfish, so I shrink them and upload to photobucket and go from there.

Since I am late today, this is dated for tomorrow ;) QOTD 8/2

What is your favorite CS in World Showcase? (limit it to ONE ;).....if you HAD to pick just one, which would it be?....and just WS, tomorrow will be FW.)
And what do you or would you like to order?

Mine is Cantina de San Angel. I like the Ensalada Mexican (I love salads!)

My favorite is in the UK - Harry Ramsden Fish & Chips. Gotta have it at least once each trip.

Probably the bakery in France, I've never really eaten counter service in the WS. This trip I am going to try the fish and chips, I grew up near the origional Harry Ramsdens so I am going to compare them!!

Oh, Duh. Obviously I just read favorite ride and ToT sprung to my mind. :sad2: :lmao:
I probably like the Mexico boat ride the most. It's so darn happy! :rotfl2:
Test Track is really too. But not the waiting line (even with FP) or the pre show. So actually rarely ride it. Was on TT much more as a tourist than a local. :laughing:

I "shared" the album to Pooh.

Favorite CS in WS...... Probably Sunshine Seasons only because of the variety (and A/C). :rotfl:

Oh, Duh. Obviously I just read favorite ride and ToT sprung to my mind. :sad2: :lmao:
I probably like the Mexico boat ride the most. It's so darn happy! :rotfl2:
Test Track is really too. But not the waiting line (even with FP) or the pre show. So actually rarely ride it. Was on TT much more as a tourist than a local. :laughing:

I "shared" the album to Pooh.

Favorite CS in WS...... Probably Sunshine Seasons only because of the variety (and A/C). :rotfl:

LOL...Sunshine Seasons isn't in WS :rotfl:

We always use the single rider line for TT.....found out this last trip something we didn't know before. We went right over there on opening. Used single rider......passed about a 10 minute wait. Right in and out the preshow, they didn't even show it and right on the ride....NO difference to a single rider, they weren't even asking and that line wasn't set up yet, so for a change we actually rode in the same row :rotfl:

I haven't eaten table service in the WS yet. Would love to eat my way around the world though.

Thank you for the pictures Barbara (I tried posting earlier but it timed out, then I couldn't get back on).

The picture of the girl outside looking over the balcony scared me, I'm afraid of heights. I really like the mural of the monorails, and some of the art in the rooms is pretty neat.

I have been having a LOT of problems with the DIS lately :rolleyes:
Lots of timing out or connection interupped when loading it.
Very annoying.

QOTD 8-3

What is your favorite CS in FW at Epcot? And what do you like to order?

We have eaten at Electric Umberella a few times, but we tend not to eat at Epcot, its just the way our day plays out. So we don't have a favorite at either WS or FW.

I've eaten counter service in The Land and at another place near the big Disney store (can't remember names). None of them were places to write home about so I guess I don't have a favorite in FW at Epcot.

I guess there actually aren't a lot of choices in FW.
Our favorite is Sunshine Seasons....great variety and the prices aren't that bad.
I like the chicken caesar salad and the chocolate mousse cake :)
DH likes the dinners......1/2 chicken or pork chop and the sides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter