Restaurant reviews and recipes...formerly Disney QOTD

We both loved the breakfast we got at Tony's back in 2000 (wish they still did breakfast, sigh).

We both loved the breakfast we got at Tony's back in 2000 (wish they still did breakfast, sigh).

Our actual favorite was the Liberty Tree Tavern's character meal. That was what we enjoyed the most. Wish they still did that.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I'm not really a huge fan of any of the table service restaurants in the MK, we prefer to eat at the hotels for our main meal.

At Disneyland though I loved the Blue Bayou, the monte cristo was a bit rich for me but was very nice. I loved the creme brulee desert though, the sugar treasure chest from that is sitting on my piano in front of me right now!!

Seen as I didn't do a WDW MK restaurant I'll add a Disneyland Park at Disneyland Paris instead! Although I love the theaming of the Blue Lagoon (IMHO even better than the theaming in Disneyland as you go down a tunnel to get in to it so there is no outside light at all), the food there is not good. However I do love Walts American restaurant which is a table service restaurant on Main Street. The restaurant is themed into differnet rooms, each representing a different area of the park. It is located above the shops on Main Street and to get to it you can take the life which is a replica of the one at Club 33 at Disneyland. Here I love either the salmon in lemon sauce:
DisneylandParis041-1.jpg

or the beef with cabernet sauce:
DisneylandParis042-1.jpg

and for desert I love the raspberry cheesecake:
DisneylandParis046-1.jpg

Oh...I did love Club 33 at DL :) Probably the one and only time I will be there.

Danauk....and anyone else, do add the parks outside the US when you can. I know I love to hear about them!!

good morning!

I love Crystal Palace--especially breakfast. But the lunch/dinner is great too. I loved the baked potato soup I had there in 2005. also had some great beef for dinner last December.

I'm behind...just found this thread!

I was 7, I think. I still have the book with unused tickets and a tourbook from the park--I'll have to go look at the date on it. I also have the Viewmaster reel--I was too scared to open my eyes in the Haunted Mansion...but wanted to see what was there! :rotfl2: Oh, my poor, wonderful, grandfather had to put up with me on that ride. :love:

TS at MK? We usually head to Epcot at night to eat. Only eaten at Liberty Tree Tavern before MNSSHP--I"m sure they aren't always dressed as ghouls? That was good. Crystal Palace--buffets always go over well with DSs.:rotfl:

Sorry for the hijack Nancy, look what came today.

I was looking all over Disney World in February for one and was told they used to sell them, but not any longer. Checked www.disneystore.com in May and they had one, finally ordered it Monday.

Have been wanting this pin and decided to order it.

Cute, Heidi ::yes::

My pins from disneyshopping have shipped so they should arrive next week. I will post which ones I got then ;)

QOTD Wed. 7/29

On to ....what is your favorite TS at Epcot and what do you like to order?

Mine is Le Cellier....go every trip!!
Love, love the chopped steak burger and also the mushroom filet....and of course the breadsticks....all 3 kinds. Yum....making me hungry now! ;)

DH and I were at MK when there was only MK, and Epcot was being built. Must have been mid to late 70's. :confused3 And we were not much into Disney. Although I use to watch the Disney Channel back when it was a pay channel and we had a satellite dish.
Our trip early this decade I consider my real first Disney. We both fell in love with Disney and even moved here. So yes, Disney is in our blood and we would have to go through an intervention. :dance3: :laughing:

Don't have an all out favorite place to eat at WDW, let alone at Epcot. I really like the mushroom ravioli at Coral Reef. Can't hardly go wrong with anything at CR.
But like them all. Le Cellier I like. But could take it or leave it. The one time I had a burger there at lunch it came on a rock hard English muffin. I don't even think my steak knife would cut it. :lmao:
Just depends on the mood where I like to eat at WS. Sometimes Chef. Sometimes Morocco. Sometimes Biergarten... And I LOVE the chai ice tea at 9 Dragons. OMG. That stuff is addictive. :cloud9:
Have good memories at them all. :yay:

The BEST dipping sauce and bread (for us) is at Maya Grill. (MMMMMMMMMMMMMM)

None of the Epcot TS places I have eaten at have wowed me so far, but then again I haven't eaten at that many of them as we usually eat at the hotels. I am excited about our ADR at Le Cellier next month though, I am going to try the cheese soup and the mushroom fillet. Desert I will decide on the day what I fancy!

Should warn you all now, John is not an adventurous eater like myself so there will never be any exciting place listed by me.

TS for Epcot would be the Garden Grill.

Barbara, I don't eat the English muffin with the steak burger ;)

Karen, DH loves the cheese soup, I find it too strong with a beer taste.

Heidi, we have only eaten at Garden Grill once. I really liked it (not on the diet plan anymore :( ).

In EPCOT we love Teppan Edo in Japan!! :thumbsup2 We love Japanese food and we go to our favorite restaurant quite frequently here at home! :thumbsup2 Not only do we enjoy the food there but the way they prepare it is a show in itself!! ;):laughing: We also tried the Rose and Crown for the first time on our last trip! I have to say the food was good!! The order of fish and chips my son and daughter got was enormous!!! :eek: Not a bad experience! But I have to say Le Cellier is our all time favorite!!:thumbsup2Now here's hoping I finally get the ressies I haven't been able to get for Le Cellier for our next trip............................:confused3:eek: :sad2: ;):rotfl:

We ate at Coral Reef in June and we didn't like it at all! Service was terrible and the food was just ok, but for the price, we would definetely not eat there again. We had read great reviews so we were excited to eat there. Maybe we just had a bad experience, however, we normally don't give a bad place a 2nd chance.

So having said that, we really don't have an Epcot favorite yet.:confused3

I did not think about this until now, but maybe the rock hard English muffin was a hockey puck in disguise, ay? :lmao:
Looking forward to the Food & Wine Fest coming up. Just around the corner. :goodvibes
I also made an ADR to eat at Cat Cora's new place on August 15. :thumbsup2 (Kouzzina, or something like that.)

Looking forward to hearing a review of Kat Kora's place. Her style isn't something I really like, but I do like trying new places at least once.

QOTD 7/30

(back to food soon ;) )

Which is your favorite country pavilion in Epcot to visit? What do you enjoy about it?

Mine is Japan.....like the store ;), watching the candy lady and also the street performers.

Another tough question. I like the boat rides in Mexico and Norway. (Not to mention the Norway bakery. They have a really good no sugar added choc mousse.)
Germany has such interesting stores. But so does Japan and China.
And cannot like the French bakery?
And UK for tea. :goodvibes
Canada, needs something. But they have beautiful gardens.
I always wonder how those Japanese drummers can stand like they do, esp for so long. It looks uncomfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter