Resort Change by Disney

I was on hold for guest services... got cut off and now back to the drawing board. Have been on hold again for 50 min waiting to get a CM... very frustrating!

Looks Like you have to talk to guest services to have your resort moved if the cost is a factor

How long have you had to wait if you get transferred to guest services? Just wondering what I am in for.

Make sure that you are not modifying anything and ask to be transferred to Guest Services or the Special Team.

I called about my YC reservation this morning and was charged to change resorts. After reading here and thinking about it, I called back and talked to someone much more informed. Now, I am holding for Guest Services.

We shall see!

I just speed-read thru about the last 5 pages of this this thread. Does anyone know when THIS (below) was posted live on the Diz site? Last night? This morning? What?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Re-opening dates:

July 10Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Disney's Pop Century Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort
July 29Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
August 12Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Art of Animation Resort
August 24Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
September 21Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
October 1Disney's BoardWalk Resort
October 14Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Okay, so I'm confused..... if we do a resort change will we be charged or not????? POR wont be open for my stay and I'm definitely not wanting to be downgraded to a value or pay a crazy amount for a deluxe.... god tomorrow is gonna be so stressful!
Yes, you will be charged rack rate at the hotel you choose. I was on the phone with a Castmember this morning, and was told that the moves by Disney are no longer taking place.
My dilemna is that if I cancel my July 9-12 reservation at Caribbean Beach, I may lose my reservation to the park that I got this morning for July 11.

I get a sinking feeling she did not transfer me to GS since it said Help line. She said the wait time would not be long. I have music again. This has not been a magical day so far.

I had to move our July trip to next July 2021 - I got a room only reservation because that was all they could at the time. When can I make this a package? Staying at Yacht Club.
Does anyone know when I can change my room only reservation (July 2021) to a vacation package?

I don't know if this was answered yet - 2021 room-only reservations can be modified to a package (adding tickets) starting Wed. 6/24.

Yes, you will be charged rack rate at the hotel you choose. I was on the phone with a Castmember this morning, and was told that the moves by Disney are no longer taking place.
My dilemna is that if I cancel my July 9-12 reservation at Caribbean Beach, I may lose my reservation to the park that I got this morning for July 11.
I was just rebooked into the same resort category at no additional charge.

Hmm. So if we have a stay Aug 28-30 at ASMovies should we hold out calling until the craziness dies down, just wait to see if we get an email about moving, or still assume none of the All Stars will be open and strike while the iron is hot? We just got our park reservations this morning so would love not to lose those.

I don't know if this was answered yet - 2021 room-only reservations can be modified to a package (adding tickets) starting Wed. 6/24.
Thank you so much! The past 5 hours I have spent calling and now on hold...I guess have been a bit premature :( I hate to hang up...maybe I can pass the call to someone on here, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter