really good alfredo sauce recipe?

CatOne

Mouseketeer
I am looking for a tried and true alfredo sauce recipe for my 3 yr old dd who LOVES the stuff! She really loves The Olive Garden's version but it gets a little too expensive to continue to get orders there:-) A friend gave me a recipe that did not taste like the alfredo we are used to and truly didn't seem so great at all, a little too thin and not much flavor. Thank you for any help!

CatOne

Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients:
1 pint of Heavy Cream
1 stick of butter
2 Tbsp. Cream Cheese
1/2 - 3/4 C. Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. Garlic powder

Preparation:
In a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Simmer this
until all is melted, and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese and Garlic
powder. Simmer this for 15 - 20 minutes on low. You may wish to season with
a little salt and pepper.

This one is no where nearly as yummy the one Margie J posted, but we've enjoyed it.

Noodles Alfredo
8 oz wide egg noodles
1/2 c butter
1/2 c milk
1 c grated Parmesan
1 Tbl parsley flakes
1/2 tsp salt
dash pepper

Cook noodles & drain. Heat butter & milk over low heat. Stir in cheese, parsley, salt & pepper. Pour sauce over noodles & stir until coated.
USE LOW HEAT!!

Thank you so much, both of you. I bought the ingredients yesterday and I am planning to try it out! I'll let you know how I do. I am not a cook by any means and ANYTHING in the kitchen is a big deal to me. I had a friend laugh at me because they thought this was one of the easiest things you could make, but for me....well, we'll see. Thanks again!!

CatOne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter