Real World Convention Tickets Experience?

Just have to say...it's early on Saturday and I can tell. I read the subject and thought "Wait? There's enough about The Real World for a whole convention??" (referencing the show on MTV). HAHA!

There could be....Real World has a lot of seasons....

BTW, I priced out the tickets again, 7 days, one park per day, 2 people, all includes tax

WDW direct (7-day): $1214.14
Boardwalk Ticketing: $1135.60
Parksavers: $1170.48
Convention Tickets: $981.94 + it comes with a water park day (we wouldn't use this winter, but I thought it was an interesting offer, not sure if it comes with all convention tickets)

BTW, I priced out the tickets again, 7 days, one park per day, 2 people, all includes tax

WDW direct (7-day): $1214.14
Boardwalk Ticketing: $1135.60
Parksavers: $1170.48
Convention Tickets: $981.94 + it comes with a water park day (we wouldn't use this winter, but I thought it was an interesting offer, not sure if it comes with all convention tickets)
Our tickets include the one Waterpark visit, too.

Our meeting also has single-day "after 1PM" and "after 5 PM" tickets available.

I know ours has a partial day, but I didn't look into it any further because the part that we want the tickets for is before the convention for full days. During the convention, those half day afternoons will likely be spent elsewhere socializing, lol, and not at the parks. I did notice that up to 8 day tickets available (no 10-day) but maybe that's because the convention is only 3 days.

Keep in mind convention tickets CAN NOT be added on to. They are sold as-is

if you have 3 day pass, you can’t add-on a extra day without paying for a full regular priced 1-day admission

Keep in mind convention tickets CAN NOT be added on to. They are sold as-is

if you have 3 day pass, you can’t add-on a extra day without paying for a full regular priced 1-day admission

Yup, that's why we're going for the full days pre-convention. :) If we decide to do half-days during the convention, those will be a separate tickets...the convention will give me time to sleep and be lazy while my traveling companion gets to listen to lectures, lol

My experience last year-we all bought conference tickets (son was going to the conference, grandmother (me,) and his son/my grandson also got conference tickets. The conference was cancelled due to Covid, and Disney gave us a full refund, although they tried to talk us into keeping them. Several corporate members did keep theirs, and when the conference was rescheduled for this year, the those tickets are good. This year, same scenario for rescheduled conference, but add a fiancee' and her child. We got convention tickets for them, as they will not be there as long as we will. The convention tickets are the same price for each day, no matter how many days you pay for. . You do get the nice add on water park day free. They also don't expire until 7 months after the convention! However, because me, my son and grandson will be in the parks for 6 days rather than three, it was cheaper for us to just but regular tickets, which get cheaper with each day you add. You d o not have to stay in the convention hotel, but someone is your planning party must be attending the convention. We all are going to the extra evening activities Disney and our corprorate planner have come up with.

My experience last year-we all bought conference tickets (son was going to the conference, grandmother (me,) and his son/my grandson also got conference tickets. The conference was cancelled due to Covid, and Disney gave us a full refund, although they tried to talk us into keeping them. Several corporate members did keep theirs, and when the conference was rescheduled for this year, the those tickets are good. This year, same scenario for rescheduled conference, but add a fiancee' and her child. We got convention tickets for them, as they will not be there as long as we will. The convention tickets are the same price for each day, no matter how many days you pay for. . You do get the nice add on water park day free. They also don't expire until 7 months after the convention! However, because me, my son and grandson will be in the parks for 6 days rather than three, it was cheaper for us to just but regular tickets, which get cheaper with each day you add. You d o not have to stay in the convention hotel, but someone is your planning party must be attending the convention. We all are going to the extra evening activities Disney and our corprorate planner have come up with.

hmm, we haven’t heard of any evening activities but the convention is still 7 months away so they will probably release details later, lol. I’ll tell my traveling companion to stay tuned to email...lol

hmm, we haven’t heard of any evening activities but the convention is still 7 months away so they will probably release details later, lol. I’ll tell my traveling companion to stay tuned to email...lol
Our banquet is billed as "an extra-special event in one of the parks with surprises you don't want to miss!" It is June 22, and I'm hoping it's the reason Animal Kingdom is closing at 5pm that day!

Our banquet is billed as "an extra-special event in one of the parks with surprises you don't want to miss!" It is June 22, and I'm hoping it's the reason Animal Kingdom is closing at 5pm that day!

Ooh...that sounds like it will be super fun! Crossing fingers that’s what it is!

Back again, hoping that @Marionnette or @yorkieteacher can assist.

I'm finally getting around to buying the convention tickets as I wanted the hotel and tickets on different billing cycles for the credit card. I originally planned to use my Disney rewards card to pay for the tickets, but it gave me only the option of paying with a credit card. Then after I entered my details, it asked about using a second option to pay and gave me the option of gift card, some other card (forgot), and then Disney rewards card.

I have enough reward dollars to pay for the tickets (thank you to those who have used my referral code over the years!) but haven't transferred the dollars onto the redemption card yet. Is there a way to make the Disney rewards card the primary method of payment? I haven't gotten all the way through yet just in case I messed up. I guess I want to make sure that I'm not double charged for it...

Thanks!

I have the DIsney

I'm finally getting around to buying the convention tickets as I wanted the hotel and tickets on different billing cycles for the credit card. I originally planned to use my Disney rewards card to pay for the tickets, but it gave me only the option of paying with a credit card. Then after I entered my details, it asked about using a second option to pay and gave me the option of gift card, some other card (forgot), and then Disney rewards card.

I have enough reward dollars to pay for the tickets (thank you to those who have used my referral code over the years!) but haven't transferred the dollars onto the redemption card yet. Is there a way to make the Disney rewards card the primary method of payment? I haven't gotten all the way through yet just in case I messed up. I guess I want to make sure that I'm not double charged for it...

Thanks!
Are you referring to the actual Disney Visa, or the rewards redemption card you get with points? I know they put a "hold" on your credit card when you list it as your payment method -the amount varies according to the type resort you are in, value, moderate, or deluxe. The rewards points card is treated pretty much like a Disney gift card. I have put my DIsney Visa on the resort room as payment method, but gone to the front desk and used my rewards cards and gift cards to pay down the balance on the next to the last night of stay. Unless you really have several thousand dollars left on your points rewards card, I would be surprised if they accepted it as your primary method of payment attached to your room. What did you use to guarantee your dining reservations? I would call Disney Visa and ask directly.

Thanks!
Our trip isn't until November, and there are a lot of moving parts to it, so I didn't go through with the purchase. But here's what I tried and what I could see.

When it came to the payment screen, I skipped entering the CC info and clicked on "add another payment". I chose GC and entered the info. The total amount due was reduced by the balance on the GC. I could then add another form of payment to cover the remainder but could only choose from either CC or Rewards Card. I could not use a second GC, which is typical of any Disney ticket purchase online.

So, my suggestion is to skip entering your CC information entirely and just enter the Rewards Card. That should be enough to cover your ticket purchase and you won't need to enter any other payment info.

Our trip isn't until November, and there are a lot of moving parts to it, so I didn't go through with the purchase. But here's what I tried and what I could see.

When it came to the payment screen, I skipped entering the CC info and clicked on "add another payment". I chose GC and entered the info. The total amount due was reduced by the balance on the GC. I could then add another form of payment to cover the remainder but could only choose from either CC or Rewards Card. I could not use a second GC, which is typical of any Disney ticket purchase online.

So, my suggestion is to skip entering your CC information entirely and just enter the Rewards Card. That should be enough to cover your ticket purchase and you won't need to enter any other payment info.

Thanks! I will try that. I did try to do both (just put half the amount on the rewards card and then half to a credit card) but it gave me some wacky validation error....ugh.

Took forever (another error yesterday) but I finally bought the tickets...just used a credit card and a different browser....

I go to a conference every year at WDW. Usually in May. I buy convention tickets every year and take advantage of the discounted pricing. I will usually get a 4 day park hopper and go two full days to the park and then go to the parks in the evening after the conference. I had my ticket purchased already last March when COVID hit. They extended the ticket out to expire at the end of September this year. Lucky for me, the conference is back on this year and scheduled for the end of August. It's nice not having to buy a ticket this year. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter