PTR - East Coast and US and WDW Nov-Dec 14

We are really looking forward to seeing Harry Potter at Universal. We read all the books a few years ago, and are just starting to read them again this year, so that the stories are fresh in our memories before we go.
Should I get 3 day tickets, or go for the 4 day ones do you think?

Is there a ticket deal?

If you're there for 4 days and think you'll use it, then the 4 day ticket would be the way to go. But if you're planning a no-park day, you could always buy the 3 day pass and then add the extra day if you need to.

Is there a ticket deal?

If you're there for 4 days and think you'll use it, then the 4 day ticket would be the way to go. But if you're planning a no-park day, you could always buy the 3 day pass and then add the extra day if you need to.

The 4 day ticket is only $10 more than the 3 day ticket. We would have to sacrifice our "rest" day, but for only $10 day I'm thinking we should purchase, just in case we haven't had our fill after 3 days.

The 4 day ticket is only $10 more than the 3 day ticket. We would have to sacrifice our "rest" day, but for only $10 day I'm thinking we should purchase, just in case we haven't had our fill after 3 days.

For $10 more, I would definitely go for it. You can always squeeze in an early entry to Mickey cheat with Harry and then head out when the crowds come in. That would be worth the $10 right there. :thumbsup2

I was planning on getting a four day ticket. I would really only be there for three and a half days, as I'd switch over to wdw on the last day and go to the MVMCP that night, but still, it's good value, and worth it if staying on property - last chance to run from ride to ride with the FOTL pass! But this deal seems stuck on a three day pass. I wonder if you can extend it when you get there?

For only $10 I would definitely get it. If you don't use it it's not the end of the world.

I found full days in the Universal parks quite exhausting. So instead of having one full rest day, you could always do two mornings in Universal and then have two rest afternoons.

If it's 2016, I'd wait to see what happens at Universal Studios Los Angeles. The WWoHP is currently slated to open at LA in 2016.

Oooh, I didn't even know that was happening. I'm going to keep an ear to the ground about the plans and progress.

However, to be honest, it's not only Harry calling me back to the east side of the country. The biggest draw card for me is The Fantasy. And the Animal Kingdom Lodge. And Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. And breakfast with Winnie the Pooh....
Oh shucks, I loved it all.

Oooh, I didn't even know that was happening. I'm going to keep an ear to the ground about the plans and progress.

However, to be honest, it's not only Harry calling me back to the east side of the country. The biggest draw card for me is The Fantasy. And the Animal Kingdom Lodge. And Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. And breakfast with Winnie the Pooh....
Oh shucks, I loved it all.

Then....are you aware that Universal Studios Japan is opening up WWoHP in July this year? It is supposed to be similar to the existing land at IoA (no Duelling Dragons).

Then....are you aware that Universal Studios Japan is opening up WWoHP in July this year? It is supposed to be similar to the existing land at IoA (no Duelling Dragons).

No I didn't know that either. In fact I didn't even know that there was a Universal park in Japan.
I used to think Japan wasn't really the kind of place that would appeal to me. However a few things I've seen and heard lately have sparked a new-found interest. It's sitting quite high on my bucket list at present.

WanderlustNZ said:
No I didn't know that either. In fact I didn't even know that there was a Universal park in Japan.

*cough* trip report in signature *cough* :)

There's even a pic of Hogwarts. And the US section is at least finished...! Can't say the same for the rest of the report lol

*cough* trip report in signature *cough* :)

There's even a pic of Hogwarts. And the US section is at least finished...! Can't say the same for the rest of the report lol

Cool. It sounds like I have some fun reading to do tonight.

The problem with using the App instead of the website is that I never see anyone's signatures or tickers.

I know what you mean. I miss most of that stuff too, as I only look at the full website one weekends (and occasionally when I'm at work... :rolleyes1 )

I had a look at my budget spreadsheet today, and there were a couple of really (I mean really) bad flaws in it. Yeahhhhh...I don't work with spreadsheets every damn day in my job...! :rolleyes:

Anyway, the flaws were actually a good thing. By fixing them, my situation is looking a lot brighter moneywise. And after a review of the Universal Studios costs, to switch over to the WWOHP deal would only be a couple of hundred more. Oh, and I'm almost sure I'm going to book in an airbnb place for Boston. The hotels are just too much of a rip off.

That's bad about the flaws.....but YAY that it worked out in your favour.

Hope you sort out Boston accommodation!

Well, the ADR's were all booked last night :woohoo:

I got everything I wanted at the times I wanted. One of the benefits of travelling solo, maybe?

I had a couple of last minute shuffles, as I noticed the Easy WDW park recommendations had come out just as I was setting myself up as dabecs had suggested (many thanks again!), but it was pretty easy to manage. A day of plans swapped here and there, but on balance, still the same trip.

One thing I hadn't really considered, the MVMCP got in the way a couple of times. I got around that by switching a plan to book Liberty Tree Tavern from later in the trip to the first night I'm at Disney, which is the MVMCP I will be attending :goodvibes So I now have a gap later in the trip, which I might use to check out more of the Boardwalk.

As for the actual booking process, it is pretty painful having to click through so many screens one after the other. A couple of things tripped me up - the phone number, the description given by the website for international visitors doesn't work, so I just entered my number in the same way they wanted US numbers (xxx-xxx-xxxx). And the other thing that caught me out is that I tried to be smart, and flick through the multiple pages and book multiple restaurants at the same time (on different tabs). :idea: The poor website got very confused, so when I was just about to confirm BOG, the tab suddenly loaded the confirmation page for CRT. So I had to start the BOG reservation over again. Luckily, the time I had was still available. So that's one tip I'll go back and add to the ADR thread - go through the entire booking process for each restaurant one.at.a.time! :rotfl:

Well, the ADR's were all booked last night :woohoo:

I got everything I wanted at the times I wanted. One of the benefits of travelling solo, maybe?

I had a couple of last minute shuffles, as I noticed the Easy WDW park recommendations had come out just as I was setting myself up as dabecs had suggested (many thanks again!), but it was pretty easy to manage. A day of plans swapped here and there, but on balance, still the same trip.

One thing I hadn't really considered, the MVMCP got in the way a couple of times. I got around that by switching a plan to book Liberty Tree Tavern from later in the trip to the first night I'm at Disney, which is the MVMCP I will be attending :goodvibes So I now have a gap later in the trip, which I might use to check out more of the Boardwalk.

As for the actual booking process, it is pretty painful having to click through so many screens one after the other. A couple of things tripped me up - the phone number, the description given by the website for international visitors doesn't work, so I just entered my number in the same way they wanted US numbers (xxx-xxx-xxxx). And the other thing that caught me out is that I tried to be smart, and flick through the multiple pages and book multiple restaurants at the same time (on different tabs). :idea: The poor website got very confused, so when I was just about to confirm BOG, the tab suddenly loaded the confirmation page for CRT. So I had to start the BOG reservation over again. Luckily, the time I had was still available. So that's one tip I'll go back and add to the ADR thread - go through the entire booking process for each restaurant one.at.a.time! :rotfl:

Great tips :thumbsup2 Glad you got everything you wanted :goodvibes

Great news.

However I have only a little sympathy for those who have not gone through the fun of doing everything by phone a few years ago. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter