PTR - East Coast and US and WDW Nov-Dec 14

Congrats on the payrise! If there's one thing that makes going to work more bearable, it's knowing that people notice and appreciate it when you put in extra work :thumbsup2

I'm glad I'm not planning a WDW holiday - it all seems far too much work :lmao: You're in the best place for figuring it all out though :thumbsup2

Congrats on the payrise. Seems like its all coming together at the right time for you.

Hope you find something you like in Boston. How are accommodation options looking in the other cities?

Very well done getting a pay rise - not easy to do in the current economic climate
Because I'm in Boston for a conference, we're staying in one of the big hotels around the Hynes Convention Centre - sometimes there are promotions to fill empty rooms by Sheraton & Hilton (no such luck for when I'm there)

I'm glad I'm not planning a WDW holiday - it all seems far too much work :lmao: You're in the best place for figuring it all out though :thumbsup2

I just noticed in your signature that you haven't been to WDW yet...! Whaaaa? Are you going to see every other park before you make it to the big one? :confused3:rotfl2:

Hope you find something you like in Boston. How are accommodation options looking in the other cities?

Good question! It's prompted me to take another look and check that the prices haven't changed too much in the last few months. Newport I can get for about $130 a night. Looks like I wasn't paying attention when I was looking at Philly accommodation. When putting through a dummy reservation, I didn't notice the 'per night' under the price. I thought the quote was too cheap for Wyndham! A quick look at other options and it seems I'll pay about $150 a night here (not too bad, as that includes Saturday and Sunday). And hmmm, it looks like Affinia in Washington isn't offering the early booking rate anymore. I thought it was available for 90 days plus, and I'm not that close. Maybe they ran out of rooms (or noticed that week is Thanksgiving). Still, less than $150 a night there. I think I need to start booking these in before the hotel managers start really thinking about these dates and making the necessary adjustments, heh.

Because I'm in Boston for a conference, we're staying in one of the big hotels around the Hynes Convention Centre - sometimes there are promotions to fill empty rooms by Sheraton & Hilton (no such luck for when I'm there)

Thanks for the tip!

I just noticed in your signature that you haven't been to WDW yet...! Whaaaa? Are you going to see every other park before you make it to the big one? :confused3:rotfl2:

TBH, WDW doesn't really excite me. It all seems too big and crowded and overwhelming. Especially now they've brought in MDE and FP+. I'm secretly hoping to get my Coast 2 Coast medal (for a half marathon at DLR and WDW in the same year) one day though, so if/when that happens I'll go :thumbsup2

Congrats on the pay rise, every little bit helps.

Looks like everything is coming together for your trip. :)

Well, with just a couple of weeks until I can start booking ADR's, I thought I should start making a list. So, based on the calendar for December 2013, I've picked the recommended parks for each day and planned out which park to be in when and then where to dine. It seems a bit insane really - could I possibly be bothered getting to all of these reservations? Or even eat this much food?? :confused3 oh well, I can always try! :rotfl2:

2/12/14
AM Universal studios until mid afternoon
PM MVMCP from 4pm

3/12/14
AM HS Breakfast at resort, Lunch at 50's Prime Time
PM EP Via Napoli

4/12/14
AM EP Breakfast Les Halls Bakery, Lunch Chefs de France
PM Pecos Bill Tall Tale

5/12/14
AM MK Breakfast Cinderella's Royal Table, Lunch Be Our Guest
PM AK Dinner somewhere on the Boardwalk

6/12/14
Monorail resort tour
AM Breakfast Ohana, Lunch Whispering Canyon
PM 1900 Park Fare

7/12/14
AM AK Breakfast Tusker House, Lunch Flame Tree BBQ
PM MK Liberty Tree Tavern

8/12/14
AM EP Breakfast Sunshine Seasons, Lunch San Angel Inn
PM HS Hollywood Brown Derby

9/12/14
AM AK Breakfast resort or maybe Rainforest Cafe, Lunch Yak and Yeti
PM MK Tony's Town Square

10/12/14
AM HS Breakfast resort, Lunch Sci Fi Dine In
PM EP Biergarten

11/12/14
AM EP Breakfast Kringla Bakery, Lunch Spice Road Table
PM MK Be Our Guest

12/12/14
DTD and fly home day

This could all need adjusting once the park hours for 2014 come out (any day nowwwww :hyper:) but at least I feel like I've got some of the days sorted. And hopefully any changes would just be swapping whole days around, not too much shuffling. We shall see!

It is great that you are so organised, you will appreciate it when you are there.

Just a few random thoughts: -
I am a big fan of Tutto Italia particularly over Via Napoli.
If Be Our Guest is quick service definately FP+ it and order the food at the same time, it is SO quick that way (assuming they do not change this very rare good part of FP+).
On 6 Dec it seems a little ambitious to have three TS meals, including a family style and buffet.

Overall it seems to be a great balance of experiences. Enjoy.

It is great that you are so organised, you will appreciate it when you are there.

Just a few random thoughts: -
I am a big fan of Tutto Italia particularly over Via Napoli.
If Be Our Guest is quick service definately FP+ it and order the food at the same time, it is SO quick that way (assuming they do not change this very rare good part of FP+).
On 6 Dec it seems a little ambitious to have three TS meals, including a family style and buffet.

Overall it seems to be a great balance of experiences. Enjoy.

Thanks for the feedback. For Tutto Italia, what is it about this place that makes you prefer it to Via Napoli? I've had a look at both the menus, and I prefer the Italian style pizzas, but if they aren't good quality, there are probably one or two options on the TI menu I would eat.

And you're right about December 6. I probably could do it...I'd just be rolllllling back on the monorail / bus / cab back to my resort at the end of the night :rotfl: I originally was going to make it Ohana - spa / high tea at Grand Floridian - dinner at Wilderness Lodge, but there was some very good reason as to why I changed it that escapes me right now :confused3:upsidedow I might go back to the original plan. I'm not usually one for checking out other resorts, but it will be Christmas, and GF and WL are supposed to be beautiful.

I don't think I could eat all of that food! I remember our first trip when the dining plan included an appetizer and by our last night I was sending my Le Cellier steak back virtually untouched I was so full. Do you have the deluxe dining plan? I would recommend putting your really must dos near the beginning of the trip in case you have to cull towards the end due to food overload.

We found the pizza at Via Napoli to be the best we'd had in WDW but that place is very loud and hectic. I haven't eaten at Tutto but I imagine it is a little more calm.

Haha I know what you mean about food overload. Not at Disney, but one night in the middle of a US trip in New Orleans I couldn't face another meal, so went to the nearest supermarket and picked up fruit and yoghurt in the hotel room for dinner.

I've tried to at least space the meals out so there isn't a big dinner following a big lunch (I think). This is just a plan for now, but I think my fomo is strongly influencing it.

If you prefer the menu, and in particular want to try the pizza, go for Via Napoli.

I am a huge fan of Grand Floridian 1900 Park Fare buffets so you should definately include at least one. There is nothing wrong with three meals on one of the days, just something to be aware of.

If you prefer the menu, and in particular want to try the pizza, go for Via Napoli.

I am a huge fan of Grand Floridian 1900 Park Fare buffets so you should definately include at least one. There is nothing wrong with three meals on one of the days, just something to be aware of.

I've been cruising food blogs during the week, and loved the look of the bar at Wilderness Lodge (reminds me of Teddy Roosevelt's at TDS) so may just have a quick lunch there. That should leave enough room for dinner at 1900.

So, thought I should have a look at Universal developments, and it looks like they have a Harry Potter package for the expansion. It comes with a breakfast at each of The Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks, and these are only available with the package. Also comes with a few other token bits and pieces...so tempting. It will almost double what I have / will pay for the US part of the trip, though. :faint:

So, thought I should have a look at Universal developments, and it looks like they have a Harry Potter package for the expansion. It comes with a breakfast at each of The Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks, and these are only available with the package. Also comes with a few other token bits and pieces...so tempting. It will almost double what I have / will pay for the US part of the trip, though. :faint:

Wow that's tempting!

Wow that's tempting!

I agree - very tempting. I so desperately want to see the new HP area. The existing one is so impressive.

My sister is saving for a WDW/Universal/DCL trip in 2016 and I'm very tempted to save up and go as well. Not sure how well that will go down with DH.

I agree - very tempting. I so desperately want to see the new HP area. The existing one is so impressive.

My sister is saving for a WDW/Universal/DCL trip in 2016 and I'm very tempted to save up and go as well. Not sure how well that will go down with DH.

DH and I get a set amount of 'pocket money' per week. If one of us wants to go somewhere without the other it's fine, as long as it comes out of our own pocket money. That's how I was able to add an extra week to my trip for Arizona and Texas :thumbsup2

We are really looking forward to seeing Harry Potter at Universal. We read all the books a few years ago, and are just starting to read them again this year, so that the stories are fresh in our memories before we go.
Should I get 3 day tickets, or go for the 4 day ones do you think?

Oooh, that sounds awesome!! I might have to check that out too!

If it's 2016, I'd wait to see what happens at Universal Studios Los Angeles. The WWoHP is currently slated to open at LA in 2016.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter