PTR - Calif.... No, no, make that, FLORIDA here we come!

I need to update again as I have been busy booking things. All accommodation is now booked and paid for. Hyatt House in Denver, Marriott in Washington, Four Points by Sheraton in NYC and Universal's Cabana Bay in Orlando. Have also booked a rental car for Denver. And just booked and paid for Universal tickets through Undercover Tourist - they have a deal where you buy 2 days and get the 3rd day free, so it seems like a good deal!

And the NFL schedule came out a couple of weeks ago, and it turns out that we will be there in Denver for a game, so we rushed and bought tickets to that (a Monday Night game, which will be unreal!).

Not much left to pay for now. Just the remainder of the cruise and the car rental, as well as whatever tours we might do (though we might even just pay as we go in NYC, we're a bit undecided at the moment), and some extra sporting events (maybe NBA and maybe NHL).

Has anyone done a tour of the White House? I have heard it might be hard to get tickets for, and that I have to request help from a Minister/Member of Parliament, but figure it's probably worth a try anyway?

Getting closer now...only 7 months to go! :yay::rotfl2::cool1:

7 months!! YAY! Your plans sound great, and it looks like you got a fantastic deal with your UO tix.

I would totally try for a tour of the White House.

Hi Kristen, just saw you mentioned Undercover Tourist for Universal tickets, they seem to be the cheapest for 3 days. So do they actually send the ticket to you in Aus, free post?
Last time I got ours from Dreams Unlimited.
Think I better order mine now from Undercover.
Also are you going from Cabana Bay to your cruise?
If so, how ? Are you booking a car?
Ty

Hi Kristen, just saw you mentioned Undercover Tourist for Universal tickets, they seem to be the cheapest for 3 days. So do they actually send the ticket to you in Aus, free post?
Ty
Obviously I'm not Kristen, but Undercover Tourist do send the tickets to Australia free post. Mine took about 2 weeks to arrive. Interestingly, I ordered WDW tickets from them an hour later and I had them within a few days.

Ty

I booked with them because we get the 3rd day free - seems like a good deal! (We are getting the base tickets, not park-to-park). They are posting them out to Australia and postage is free. I did have to send a copy of my licence as my purchase was flagged for security, not sure why. But now the order has been processed and they say the tickets will arrive in a couple of weeks. There is no expiry date on them, just 14 days from date of first use, so will be ok to use in January. I emailed a few questions and received a reply really quickly, so thumbs-up from me!

We are planning on getting a car/shuttle service from the airport to Cabana Bay, then to the cruise, then back to the airport. Have had quotes ranging from USD300 to USD350 (plus 20% gratuity). Seems a lot to me! But also seems typical, so if that's what we have to pay, then so be it. We are leaning towards Executive Limousine who have quoted $320, as it's a private town car (or SUV, I can't actually remember!). They seem to get good reviews. And they don't automatically apply a tip, but leave it up to the client. Have you been looking into transportation too?

I bought out Universal tickets from Undercover Tourist, arrived yesterday. Thanks for the tip.
We are going to go to the cruise on Disney transport and then back to ? Haven't decided where yet for our last 4 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter