Princess Kate Picture "Kill Notice "

Do you all get this bent out of shape when the Kardashians / Jenners etc visibly photoshop their pictures? Why can’t it be exactly as the Princess of Wales said - William took the photo, she decided to tweak things that didn’t look right. If it was never “killed” I guarantee no one here would have even noticed the discrepancies.

Surely there are more important things in life then this?

And most of these papers, journalists, and magazines that are bleating about this have photoshopped models and products to within an inch of their lives. Somehow it's not a problem to nip in a waist or enlarge some... things... or make a Big Mac look edible. But tweaking a family photo is a constitutional crisis? Good grief.

Yea, I heard that theory too. So the photoshop job was so bad that the sleeve doesn’t match, but they got her face on the body just perfectly. :rolleyes:

I actually think her head is a little big compared to George, even accounting for her being in front of him. :duck: And it appears she has an Adam's apple.

In the previous family photo posted, her head is close in size to George's:

I had the same thought. She didn't learn Photoshop when she has "people" who will do whatever she wants.
I disagree. Even King Charles pitches in to garden or deal with farming stuff on his estates. She is a novice amateur photographer so I can believe her knowing photoshop. I mean she is resting at home and has the time. The idea of her behind a laptop is not out of this world.

I think that they cannot have it both ways. They use the press when they want to either gain positive publicity for themselves, or to divert negative scrutiny onto others. Once you engage that way, you are stuck with the entire package. They are now finding that out. They made the decision years ago to interact with the press and now, for better or for worse, they are stuck with it.

I think that the POW knew what she signed on for when she married into that family and while I fully believe that she should have time to recover from whatever ails her, she also had to have known that completely disappearing might have caused a kerfuffle. William did not help the matter because he pretty much disappeared as well. Charles is undergoing treatment for some sort of cancer, Camilla had to take a break from her very busy schedule of covering a few times for Charles, and Anne just cannot do it all.

It is true that I do not understand the concept of a "Modern Monarchy" and frankly I find them all a waste of money. If they want to have their lifestyle subsidized by the public, at least one of them has to work. I get that POW is sick, Charles is sick, Camilla is overworked, but William is not. He has a fleet of people to care for his family for a small part of his day. And if none of them can manage it, at least do not insult the intelligence of people by posting edited photos to show that all is well in the land of the royals. Nothing to see but three happy kids and their mother, squeezed into a pair of skinny jeans after abdominal surgery, not even grimacing like she wanted her moomoo back.

The conspiracy theories out there are wild! Divorce, Kate in a coma, Kate dead...

It is so crazy. At least we know she is alive and not in a coma as she was photographed in a car with her mother last week. There is also a photo from this week of her in a car with William. Her face is turned to the side, but you can see it's her.

It is so crazy. At least we know she is alive and not in a coma as she was photographed in a car with her mother last week. There is also a photo from this week of her in a car with William. Her face is turned to the side, but you can see it's her.
Apparently that second photo was photoshopped as well.

Well, those sightings are part of the conspiracy theories. Was that really her with her mom? Is she photoshopped beside William?

I think the best quote I have seen on this is the monarchy has survived much- but will perish due to social media

I think the best quote I have seen on this is the monarchy has survived much- but will perish due to social media
I know! What I am amused by is that they are so darn obtuse. It has been grilled into most people that social media is forever, so only post what you know you could show your mom, or that you would not mind an employer knowing about. These people have teams of publicity folks and between all of them, not one can manage to figure this out? Kate and William are too darn young to behave as if they are as old as the folks who grilled the TikTok CEO.

They deserve whatever they get from this public relations fiasco.

William did not help the matter because he pretty much disappeared as well. Charles is undergoing treatment for some sort of cancer, Camilla had to take a break from her very busy schedule of covering a few times for Charles, and Anne just cannot do it all.
Both William and Camilla are back. Common Wealth day on Monday, and Camilla had a visit from the Queen of the Belgians today (she also got presented with her very own Barbie).

It is true that I do not understand the concept of a "Modern Monarchy"
I am not sure you should look at the UK for the concept of a modern monarchy. And I do think the media is partially to blame. With so much medis attention for every detail of what they do, but also the pomp and pageantry, make it hard to think of the royal family as a family with a job, that happens to be inherited.

When I look at my own royal family in the Netherlands the dynamics are so incredibly different. I almost never know what my royals are up to (sometimes I have to read the UK tabloids to find out!), the media publish very little about them. Here they have not to be seen to be believed.

The only fixed moments are:
- There are 2 photo moments throughout the year where the royal family has a family photoshoot, in Summer and Winter for the media.
- King's Day (King's birthday) which is a national party 27th of April.
- Opening of Parliament, 3rd Tuesday in September.
- Christmas speech, 25th of December.

That is it. Rest of the year, they just do their job. On occasion you get some media attention about state visits. But what they do on a day to day basis, no idea.
Our King has a side gig as a commercial airline pilot, and he has to fly a plane every other month (I think) to keep his license. And every none-senior royal in the extended royal family has a job. 6th in line is a bit of an influencer.

I wouldn't be surprised if because of this our royal family has a good chance to outlive the British royal family.

I am not sure you should look at the UK for the concept of a modern monarchy. And I do think the media is partially to blame. With so much medis attention for every detail of what they do, but also the pomp and pageantry, make it hard to think of the royal family as a family with a job, that happens to be inherited.

When I look at my own royal family in the Netherlands the dynamics are so incredibly different. I almost never know what my royals are up to (sometimes I have to read the UK tabloids to find out!), the media publish very little about them. Here they have not to be seen to be believed.

The only fixed moments are:
- There are 2 photo moments throughout the year where the royal family has a family photoshoot, in Summer and Winter for the media.
- King's Day (King's birthday) which is a national party 27th of April.
- Opening of Parliament, 3rd Tuesday in September.
- Christmas speech, 25th of December.

That is it. Rest of the year, they just do their job. On occasion you get some media attention about state visits. But what they do on a day to day basis, no idea.
Our King has a side gig as a commercial airline pilot, and he has to fly a plane every other month (I think) to keep his license. And every none-senior royal in the extended royal family has a job. 6th in line is a bit of an influencer.

I wouldn't be surprised if because of this our royal family has a good chance to outlive the British royal family.
That is kind of my point. They seem to want to be a modern version of royalty, but honestly, from my own American POV, nothing is further from the truth. They seem to live a very privileged life and I cannot see what on Earth they give back. I dont know. The fact that they cannot even manage to get through an illness without creating a dialogue that could be the outline of a movie is crazy to me.

That is kind of my point. They seem to want to be a modern version of royalty, but honestly, from my own American POV, nothing is further from the truth. They seem to live a very privileged life and I cannot see what on Earth they give back. I dont know. The fact that they cannot even manage to get through an illness without creating a dialogue that could be the outline of a movie is crazy to me.
"While the average annual cost for UK taxpayers in royal upkeep comes to around £500m a year, Brand Finance estimates the monarchy's brand contributes £2.5bn to the British economy in the same timeframe." From the Independent

"While the average annual cost for UK taxpayers in royal upkeep comes to around £500m a year, Brand Finance estimates the monarchy's brand contributes £2.5bn to the British economy in the same timeframe." From the Independent
Exactly!

I don't know that I'd hold the royals entirely responsible for creating this dialogue. IMO it's about 80/20 social media, traditional media/royal family, if that.

I'm an American and really think the concept of royalty is pretty bananas, but not my circus. There's a long list of things I'm critical about regarding this family, but this doesn't make the list. This particular situation I find personal and no one's business but theirs at this point. It's the same as someone taking a leave from work and not having any responsibility to keep coworkers abreast of the reasons why. As long as the official procedures have been cleared with those in charge of the leave, it's no one else's business.

I doubt in this case there are provisions in place requiring anything official regarding Kate's leave, in which case she still doesn't owe an explanation to the media or the public. If there's something more to the whole situation and she's packing up and walking away from royal life altogether I think it will be revealed and I think she will wind up somewhere on the road Diana, Harry and Megan have gone down and the media, social media, etc. will have a field day. Imagine how much there will be to talk about if she had a BBL? There could be a complete restyling of royal fashion at last! Talk about modern royalty.

I have no idea how much truth there is to the movie the Queen, but the whole Kate secrecy reminds me of the movie at least.

The Queen of the opinion that Diana's death was a private matter. The public thought differently.
That was a different time without social media and conspiracy theorie are much worse today. But still similarities are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter