"Premium parking"

Only the uninformed are going to pay this. If you have ever parked up front, then you know how long it takes to get out at the end of the day. I would pay extra to park near the lot exit.

Don't give then any more ideas!!!

Why are we paying to park anyway don't we pay enough? That is why we take the buses and stay on property.

Last edited:
Paying to park is nothing new. You pay to park at most sporting events, concerts, and even streets in cities.

That's very true. And like I have said before we live in a Capitalist Society. They know they can charge it and people will pay to come. Just like sporting events and concerts.

WDW newbie here.. After reading 3 pages of posts, I am still confused... Who would need to pay for the parking fee?? Those who don't stay onsite and drive car to the parks??
Even onsite guests have to pay a $15 upcharge for "premium parking."

Is this really so surprising? Disney is late to the game on this. Ball parks have been doing this for years. It costs $50 to park near our football stadium and as much as $100 near our baseball stadium. $35 for close to the park is a bargain.

For me it's not a question of whether it's surprising, just that it's another sign of the direction Disney is heading.

They are moving sharply away from the one price fits all model and charging for every incidental.

What about park hopping? If I pay for premium at Epcot in the morning, will I get to use premium parking at MK that night? If so I might consider it.

I'm sorry, premium parking at MK is not. When I was a CM, we parked in Chip N Dale and I usually rode my motorcycle. That assured me a really close spot to the TTC. Even that was a hike. At other parks, maybe at Epcot it's worth it because Amaze is pretty close to the entrance and it's questionable at Studios again unless they put you in the cast lot. At AK, maybe if you get the far right of the CM lot, the HC lot or possible bus parking would it be worth it. Other than that, premium parking is not worth any amount IMHO. I used it once at SeaWorld but remember, it's only a small upcharge there. If I had gotten there much later, it would have been a waste of money even though it was like only $7 more.

Unless the on property guests want "premium parking." If they do, they will have to shell out $15 bucks.
Correct but that's not something I would do. Especially at MK where you still have to take a monorail or ferry to get to the destination.

D59BAAAC-0027-43E5-AC29-281198CA769F_zpsrdzfj7ae.jpg
Sunday afternoon, around 3:00 pm.

Is this really so surprising? Disney is late to the game on this. Ball parks have been doing this for years. It costs $50 to park near our football stadium and as much as $100 near our baseball stadium. $35 for close to the park is a bargain.

Holy spumoni Batman! I thought parking in Toronto was expensive!

So are you saying those with AP's don't have to pay for premium parking??? Sounds odd given that even onsite resort guests have to pay for it.
I believe they were referring to not having to pay for regular parking with an AP even if they stay off property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter