"Premium parking"

KT0191

It's "Mr. Banana Beak" to you, Fuzzy
Looks like they will be testing "premium parking" soon. On top of the $20 parking fee, you can pay an additional $15 to get closer parking. :rolleyes1

Looks like they will be testing "premium parking" soon. On top of the $20 parking fee, you can pay an additional $15 to get closer parking. :rolleyes1
Where did you hear this rumor?

Just to compare, Sesame Place in PA (nowhere near Disney caliber) charges $17 for "regular" parking, $20 for "preferred" & $30 (!!!) for "VIP" parking.

I'm not one to say Disney does no wrong, but in terms of paid parking they were/are pretty reasonable.

This one doesn't bother me as much at it's optional but they have to be careful here - if they price it to close to valet parking at the resort, people will just pay to park at the resort. Raise the valet parking to stop that and nobody will valet park at the resorts including the people staying there! (Also if it goes too high, more people will Uber there from the offsite resorts... they'll price themselves right out of their money.)

Where I'm lost is the where and how.
Where: Epcot I could see it being the first two closest to the front, but AK is a huge mess. And you're already going through another step (boat or semi-functional monorail) to get to MK. Is this what they're going to do with the new parking lot they made the Petty Driving Experience into? Pay extra, you get up front, if not, you're behind the trees? HS, the first front lot to the right, everyone else to the left? What happens when the back spaces get full at HS? They're not equipped like US with the giant garages.

HOW: And how many extra people will be needed to enforce it when you're parking in two separate areas? People are already crazy and don't listen to the lot CMs on which spots and how to park. And then add in additional trams because you'll have packed ones in both sections in the peak hours. And, it's going to back up the entrances at HS unless that's redone- it already can snake into traffic into peak times due to only having two rows- and that's with parking passes, magic bands, receipts, and payments. Add in explaining the new fees....

BONUS: What's worse is that if it's implemented, it'll make the handicapped parking situation worse. Where do you move that to if you're moving the premium up front, and where do you put the overflow that's always there? AK is ridiculous with having to cross bus lanes and walking further than the normal spots so we don't bother; I get the car and pick my husband up if he can't deal with the tram. MK is almost the same, with the front part of the villains being "overflow". HS is better as there's a side checkpoint, making the walk shorter. Epcot we walk in spurts to the car, but we're lucky that we can do that.

I get that it's a testing question, probably in the same category in the resort fee, but implementation is going to be nuts. And drive more people to the "free" parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter