Votes: 38 69.1%
  • Walk to TCC and then Monorail to EPCOT

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Uber to EPCOT

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
Is the walkway open? Thought it was closed due to Poly tower construction. I open that would be my preferred, unless super tired at end of day.

Is the walkway open? Thought it was closed due to Poly tower construction. I open that would be my preferred, unless super tired at end of day.
I have never been. Our first stay at VGF will be in March 2025 and I am assuming the walkway through Poly will be open at that point.

We used to walk from the Villas to TTC with a stop at Captain Cooks. Not sure how it will be with the Tower though.
I think it takes about the same amount of time to walk as it does to monorail, depending on what time you go. Although the family seems to prefer to monorail around to the TTC.

Going rouge here. I'm not a fan of the monorail so usually I boat to MK and take a bus to either BW or YC/BC. Yes, you have to go in the IG entrance so it would depend on if you want to go to the front of the park or the back.

Going rouge here. I'm not a fan of the monorail so usually I boat to MK and take a bus to either BW or YC/BC. Yes, you have to go in the IG entrance so it would depend on if you want to go to the front of the park or the back.
Very interesting….follow up questions….

What is your total travel time?

Also, how does the bussing work from MK to BC/YC? Does it go straight there or do you have multiple stops?

Finally, any insights into why Busses are a Go and Monorails are a No Go?

With the walkway currently closed, I'd definitely take the monorail to TTC and then pick up the EPCOT monorail from there - that's currently the most efficient way to get there. There certainly are other approaches if you don't want to use the monorail for some reason, of if you prefer to enter EPCOT from the IG.

Didn't vote, because we don't visit EPCOT when staying at VGF. IMO, none of the transportation options from the MK resorts to EPCOT are very good.

Now that we've added VGF to our membership, we split stay and visit MK while staying there. We got to EPCOT on the BWV portion of the stay. We like walking and use our feet to get to the parks as much as we can. :teeth:

If I’m going the leisure, more pleasurable way (at least for us boat lovers), then I’d take the boat to Poly and walk over to TTC from there. Otherwise I’d do the monorail loop as it’s just simplest. Although I’d be curious if the monorail really saves all that much time, sometimes the stops at MK and the resorts take a while to load and unload people. Also it’s really hot out I’m also just going to take the monorail (and sometimes Uber if I’m running late)

We do split stay so that when at VGF our Epcot time is either over or we will be doing it when we go to RIv.

I tried once to use monorail and it was a good 45 minutes from getting on at VGF to getting off at Epcot.

So now, if we do want to go, we just use Lyft when going.

Didn't vote, because we don't visit EPCOT when staying at VGF. IMO, none of the transportation options from the MK resorts to EPCOT are very good.

Now that we've added VGF to our membership, we split stay and visit MK while staying there. We got to EPCOT on the BWV portion of the stay. We like walking and use our feet to get to the parks as much as we can. :teeth:
Do you start the trip at VGF or end at VGF?

We do split stay so that when at VGF our Epcot time is either over or we will be doing it when we go to RIv.

I tried once to use monorail and it was a good 45 minutes from getting on at VGF to getting off at Epcot.

So now, if we do want to go, we just use Lyft when going.
Do you start the trip at VGF or end at VGF?

Very interesting….follow up questions….

What is your total travel time?

Also, how does the bussing work from MK to BC/YC? Does it go straight there or do you have multiple stops?

Finally, any insights into why Busses are a Go and Monorails are a No Go?
Travel time, no clue. I'm never in a hurry to get from point A to point B while at WDW.

Used to the bus from MK to YC/BC would stop at BW every once in awhile. Just depended on the time of day and how many people were waiting. I haven't had that happen in a few years. Straight shot, stops at YC first then BC.

Buses vs. Monorail. This is strictly a personal thing. I said in the time question I don't pay attention so don't know the actual minutes. I do know one day for the heck of it, I actually took the monorail from GF to Epcot then later in the day went back to MK, boated over to GF and experimented on the boat back to MK then take the bus and it took less time to take the bus. Keep in mind, this was a day I had nothing else to do and was just in an experiment mood and I had to wait longer for the monorail and the darn thing stopped once. So there is that. I have had the monorail stop for whatever delay while on it, this has happened more than once. None of times were for any length of time but the thought of being stuck on the monorail for longer than 5 min. is just a no. The getting off then back on the monorail at TTC just erks me for some reason. I will admit, now they have the direct path where you don't have to go down the ramp and then back up the other one like they do on the Epcot to MK route, you can just walk across, it erks less. Boils down to I just prefer buses I guess, not a fan of the sky liner either.

Personally, if the walkway is open, I think walking to the TTC is probably 5 minutes quicker at least. When we stayed in 2019, I think it took us once about 50 minutes to get to Epcot from GF taking the monorail. I think it highly depends on when you go. If going mid afternoon it can take even longer as the resort monorail will be packed

The monorail can be a pain on the MK resort loop. Countless times we’ve been paused in transit and often after already waiting on backed up line. That’s one reason why I prefer the MK resort boats. The monorail to Epcot seems smoother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter