Votes: 38 69.1%
  • Walk to TCC and then Monorail to EPCOT

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Uber to EPCOT

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
Epcot is my favorite park. And MK has the most rides for my son. It seems like none of the resorts have great transpiration to both except maybe Poly since you can easily walk to TTC. So I feel like no matter where we stay, we have to make some concessions.

I have never driven to any WDW park except for AK. At Disneyland, it’s a significant ordeal to drive through the structure walk to the tram station and then take the tram to the park — I guess it’s 20 minutes from entering the structure to arriving at the Disneyland front ticket booth best case scenario. Is it more efficient at Epcot/DHS?

I wondered about this as well. When we were at BRV in January, we were talking to a guy who was at the bus stop with us. He said he used to drive to the parks but realized that after driving, parking, and walking, it really didn't save that much time compared to the bus. So now he just takes the bus so he doesn't have to fuss with all that.

Of course, this would vary depending on resort and park. I'm sure driving from VGF to Epcot must save a fair amount of time if the only other options takes 45+ minutes. But is there a bus to Epcot from VGF and if so, how long does that take?

I have never driven to any WDW park except for AK. At Disneyland, it’s a significant ordeal to drive through the structure walk to the tram station and then take the tram to the park — I guess it’s 20 minutes from entering the structure to arriving at the Disneyland front ticket booth best case scenario. Is it more efficient at Epcot/DHS?
It probably takes us about 5 to 10 minutes to drive from VGF to Epcot. Once we park, it’s about 5 to 10 minutes to get into the park.

On a sidenote, it only takes about five minutes to get over to Epcot from Saratoga Springs.

Plus, no waiting when we leave…

We usually allow for an hour just about anywhere we go while at Disney. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm in no hurry while I'm there. The busses run like clockwork most of the time. The more you learn about Disney and DVC, the better you tend to get at navigating it. Personally, my vehicle rarely moves while I'm at Disney. If I need to be somewhere at a certain time, I leave plenty of time. If my family is going later at pesk times, I'll meet them later.

We usually allow for an hour just about anywhere we go while at Disney. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm in no hurry while I'm there. The busses run like clockwork most of the time. The more you learn about Disney and DVC, the better you tend to get at navigating it. Personally, my vehicle rarely moves while I'm at Disney. If I need to be somewhere at a certain time, I leave plenty of time. If my family is going later at pesk times, I'll meet them later.
Reading that you are in no hurry with the username of DVCsloth…. 🤣

Brilliant!

One of the things we love most about WDW is that we don’t need to have a car. We fly in from NYC and Uber from the airport and don’t worry about any of that once we’re on property. We love the immersive feel of all the different transportation options and since we’re no longer rope drop people (at least not for rides and and experiences lol), we don’t mind that it sometimes takes 25-45 mins to get to where we’re going, we’re not usually in a rush for anything.

On the occasions where we are running late for a reservation or don’t want to deal with the “fuss” of Disney transportation or we’re just tired and feeling lazy (hello Epcot IG exit to Beach Club for an Uber to VGF!), we Uber to where we have to be. On property, I don’t think I’ve spent more than $25 (normally $10-$15) for a ride anywhere even for a larger car, and we rarely Uber more than 2-3x a trip. But I’d rather that then rent a car and deal with parking (not to mention if we’ll be having a few drinks in the evenings and none of us want to be the one driving!), idk it just feels like it takes away some of the magic for me but it really is to each their own.

Funnily enough, I think I’ve taken Uber to and from Epcot more than any other park even though it has 4 modes of transportation to get there lol

Epcot is my favorite park. And MK has the most rides for my son. It seems like none of the resorts have great transpiration to both except maybe Poly since you can easily walk to TTC. So I feel like no matter where we stay, we have to make some concessions.

I wondered about this as well. When we were at BRV in January, we were talking to a guy who was at the bus stop with us. He said he used to drive to the parks but realized that after driving, parking, and walking, it really didn't save that much time compared to the bus. So now he just takes the bus so he doesn't have to fuss with all that.

Of course, this would vary depending on resort and park. I'm sure driving from VGF to Epcot must save a fair amount of time if the only other options takes 45+ minutes. But is there a bus to Epcot from VGF and if so, how long does that take?
No, there’s no bus from the GF to Epcot unless the monorail is down & when that happens it’s a total cluster, I remember one time we were told to catch a bus at the TTC, another they ran buses from the GF to/from Epcot but it takes awhile for them to sort out the situation.

I have to say I’m really salty that the GF to poly walkway is still closed. One of our things when we stay at VGF is walking to poly for a quick service breakfast and then walking to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail. I am not amused that we have to take the monorail to get Tonga toast.

Only for MK, in my opinion. Even Poly has the edge with transportation, by being so close to TTC. And, BLT with only one additional stop.
I agree out of all the MK resorts I think Poly is the best location wise. Staying on the DVC side it is just as easy to walk to the TTC to go to Epcot or catch the express monorail to MK. Having a stroller makes trying to go the ceremonial house and use the tiny elevators not fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter