Power Outage

Hi All ~ we were driving home from London, Ontairo (trailer shopping) when the power went out. At first we thought it was local until we listened to the radio. We had spent all morning at Sick Kids for dd's clinic appt and then a long drive to London ~ haggled over a trailer price ~ then drove home. We were without power for exactly 24 hours. dh couldn't go to work because he is almost out of gas. We went to my inlaws swimming all afternoon today ~ btw ~ we bought the trailer! Sandra

LOL Lisa... I know it is important to conserve, I don't have my air on and we are doing what we can but my daughter just got home from horse camp yesterday and was all hot and sweaty all night with no power... I let her have a quick shower and wash her hair.

And as I am leaving tomorrow "hopefully" I had to wash some clothes - but I used the quick cycle.

We had power for 5 hours this morning then lost it all again for 5 hours.

Hope your fish are good.

>>^..^<<

We finally got our power back and what's the first thing I do... :p I check the DIS Boards!

My friend is a wholesaler of tropical fish ... He says some of the pet stores have been without power for almost a whole day so he's expecting a couple more orders on Monday *lol*

I'm hoping the power will stay on in our area tonight ... at least that way we'll have some fans :)

Whew! Power back on here in Chatham at 3:45 p.m. 23 1/2 hours without it. Everything in the fridge needs to be thrown out, I think the freezer is OK. Thank goodness for the pool, at least we could cool down in it. They are telling us we will still have "rolling brown outs" until at least Monday. :(

Originally posted by bunnyfoo
We finally got our power back and what's the first thing I do... :p I check the DIS Boards!
I know...aren't we terrible. ;)

I hope everyone is doing well and that we all have full power soon. It's really hot here tonight...no breeze like last night. :(

but my 7 yr old daughter and I were by are selves through most of this. My hubby is right in the middle of this power outage as he works for the IMO. It's been interesting hearing things from his perspective. He came home finally last night at 7 but is back in this morning again(Sat) My poor daughter keeps asking for daddy to stay home or come home. It's been tough.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO for Tantor and family! I am sending out my wish to the Universe for live to get back to normal for everyone! S

I just want things to get back to normal. He's been so tired. Poor guy.
The one thing he did tell me is that people MUST conserve as this could happen again. There have been MANY times before that we have come within 1/2 hour of having power outages in Ontario.
PLEASE PEOPLE - CONSERVE POWER

The original blackout lasted about 12 hours (back on Fri 3:30am). Power was on for about 12 hours. Then we had one of those rolling blackouts that lasted 4½ hours. Did not go on line yesterday to conseve energy. Had to go on todya for a litte while. Going though DIS withdrawal. Did not need to though out much food in our fridge. Was going to do grocery shopping on Thursday night,

Hi,

I have no idea when our power was on or off. I know I had it last night and it hasn't gone off again. I was at work most of the last two days. I came home to feed my cats Friday morning and I know I didn't have power then (Beaches).

I work for CBC Radio News... I hope we were able to get you the information you needed. I think I am going to go back to bed now...

Like sandraC we are in NW Mississauga and we where without power for 26hrs. We survied, somefood didn't. FIL (we share a house) is dependant on a wheelchair lift to get in and out of the house so we had to bump him down 4 steps to get him out. Other then that we surived.
Nancy

and he said they have everyone back up with power and have a little reserve but if we don't conserve power we will go out again. I am just getting on the computer to check messages and reply. Use only what you have to.
Take care

Well we finally got power after almost 26 hours of not having any and all the other grids around us had theirs up and running!

The worse part was the "Kingsway" area, they were all out there washing their cars, watering their lawns, Air going full blast, even after they had been told numerous times to conserve! While I'm going without a shower since Thursday Morning! Not a pretty sight! or smell!LOL

Finally could not take it anymore! Had to put the computer on! Going thru withdrawals again!

Glad to hear everybody surviving.

Sandra - Congrats on the new trailer!

Cass - Did you guys make it out?

Karen - Thank your DH for all his good work!

Taryn - Tell them thanks for keeping me updated, you guys did a fabulous job! I usually don't listen to CBC but they were giving the best reports!

My only problem now is I have a mound of Laundry before we go next week and am scared to use the washers in case the power goes out again!LOL (I was suppose to do it Thursday!) Maybe I'll go down to the Humber and do it the old fashioned way!

Well off to do a little bit of Dis'n

Scratch
:smooth:

I was with the rest of you in Mississauga, incrediably MIL, SIL and DH & I all drove to where we needed to be on Thrus. And all of us were home by 5:30pm. MIL works at Bay & Dundas and she usually takes the Go train & subway to work...she decided that morning to take her car in! Power came on at 5:00am. We got gas and headed home to Peterborough, which I understand had power by 12:00 am (or in some areas earlier)
Dd was at Horse riding camp, and they have their own generators and all cooking is gas, so the camp was fine, the kids never really knew that there was a power outage. Just no lights or fan in the cabins (guess it was really like roughing it!)

Taryn - thanks so much for the CBC coverage...its all we listened too in Toronto, and at the cottage this weekend! It was great to hear about how other people coped!

Scratch42 & Jo-Anne,

This morning at a little meeting I mentioned that I had received a bit of feedback from channels outside of the normal routes... (I was not about to explain the DIS in a boardroom!)

Important type people here asked me to say thanks back for listening... and hopefully trusting.

So... thanks! Many times over. It's all worth it for these little words on a screen.

I feel like Toronto is a little smaller this week... in a good way...

Be well!

I couldn't believe the news when I phoned home to check on the boys. The power was out for 6 hours and then went out again for a while during the night. I spoke to my mother today, they live in Niagara Falls and they didn't lose power at all. My brother, who lives in a high rise in Toronto eventually went over to a friend's house until the power came back on.

We lost power in old south till Friday @ 1:30 PM then it went back off at about 3 PM for another few hours. Thankfully we had a generator to run the fridge computer TV and sattalite dish and AC. You know the essentials hehehe.

Hi all ~ I just taught a yoga class with 22 people who all said they were grateful for the blackout. It made them all chill out and relax. S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter