Pixie dust on our DREAM vacation! Update 06/08 TR finished!!

Day 8, February 25

„Goodbye for now, but we will return soon!“ - Part 3

Well, none of us liked it very much and we ended sharing the fries and Coke and most of the Hot Dog ended up in bin.
After our food experience we went to check out the store and had fun browsing. It was now getting a bit late and we still wanted to pay a visit to the Magic Kingdom before we left,

DSC_0361.jpg

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3923.jpg

IMG_3924.jpg

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

IMG_3928.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

so we decided to skip eating and just continue our leisurely walk around the world. There was just one more stop we wanted to take. We stopped in Canada to get a

DSC_0384.jpg

IMG_3929.jpg

Moosehead for Tom and some Popcorn for me. Munching and drinking we slowly walked through the Rose Garden towards the exit.

DSC_0386.jpg

Unfortunately the Popcorn wasn’t really the freshest and once Tom had finished his beer I binned the rest of the popcorn. We headed towards the exit, and walked over to the Monorail.
Once we were at the station, it didn’t take long for a Monorail to arrive. We got a seat and soon enough we were off to the Ticket and Transportation Center. When we got off the Monorail, there was a long line for the Express Monorail and even the Resort one and we were not looking forward to get into that line, but then we realized that the ferry was there as well.

DSC_0389.jpg

So we hurried over to the ferry and got right on. It didn’t take long until we left

DSC_0390.jpg

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

and we enjoyed the leisurely ferry boat ride to the Magic Kingdom. We were standing near the front and therefore got off the ferry really fast. Bag check had a bit of a line, but when I turned around after we had gone through it was a lot longer. We walked towards the turnstiles and into a crowded park. There was no way we could ride much, but the Magic Kingdom is always the last park to visit for us. We strolled down Main Street and over to Tomorrowland. There was one ride, that we really wanted to take as you can sit and relax and enjoy the park and watch the crowds from up above. We walked towards the Peoplemover.

DSC_0396.jpg

Again, it had quite a line and we joined and about 10 minutes later we were seated on the ride. The park was packed!

IMG_3932.jpg

But none the less it was nice to just see it from above and take in the sights, sounds and smells.

To be continued ..........

I'm loving the pictures. It looks like a beautiful day! Too bad it's the last one.

What a gorgeous day and beautiful pictures; boy, I could sure go for some Mickey popcorn right now. :goodvibes

First, you kill me with the Krispy Kremes :rotfl2:

Second, what a nice day. Looks like it was beautiful and all the topiaries... I just love them. :goodvibes

I think baggin the "eat around the world" was a good choice. I wish we had done that in december... then maybe I would not have missed some of the shops that I wanted to go into. Oh well...always the next trip to look forward to.

I'm loving the pictures. It looks like a beautiful day! Too bad it's the last one.

It was busy that day, but a wonderful day and even though we knew we would have to leave in the afternoon we really enjoyed the time we still had. :thumbsup2

What a gorgeous day and beautiful pictures; boy, I could sure go for some Mickey popcorn right now. :goodvibes

It was a picture perfect day and we had lots of fun ... (and again - food ;) :lmao:)

First, you kill me with the Krispy Kremes :rotfl2:

Second, what a nice day. Looks like it was beautiful and all the topiaries... I just love them. :goodvibes

I think baggin the "eat around the world" was a good choice. I wish we had done that in december... then maybe I would not have missed some of the shops that I wanted to go into. Oh well...always the next trip to look forward to.

Sorry about the KK. I think we both should found the KK addicts group. :rotfl2:

We just loved seeing the topiaries - they are so beautiful.
Well, we had to go back to the MK, as it is always our last park before going home, and I had another treat on my mind back in the MK area. :rotfl2:

Day 8, February 25

„Goodbye for now, but we will return soon!“ - Part 4

But none the less it was nice to just see it from above and take in the sights, sounds and smells.

DSC_0398.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

When we got off the ride we decided to say goodbye to the castle and go back

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0408.jpg

DSC_0409.jpg

to the Contemporary.

DSC_0412.jpg

DSC_0411.jpg

At the hotel we went to the Contempo Café for the one last treat I had sworn to have before we had left Austria in the first place,

IMG_3933.jpg

IMG_3934.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg

a Mickey bar. Tom got

IMG_3936.jpg

a Strawberry bar and we sat at a table and enjoyed these treats. Then we headed over to Bay Lake Tower,

DSC_0414.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

DSC_0423.jpg

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0426.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

took one last walk around the resort’s grounds

DSC_0429.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

Day 8, February 25

„Goodbye for now, but we will return soon!“ - Part 5

DSC_0436.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

and finally walked back to our car.

DSC_0413.jpg

We drove over to the Contemporary, handed in our luggage receipt and in no time someone brought out our luggage, which we stowed in the trunk of the car.
It was time to wave goodbye to the Contemporary and vow to be back in August and then we were on our way over to Downtown Disney for one last stop before we were off to the airport. We arrived at Downtown Disney and the parking lot to the right was full, so we went to the other side and were lucky as there was a parking spot right at the entrance. It was a short walk to the stores and we strolled very leisurely over to Wolfgang Puck’s Express for a late lunch.
The restaurant was pretty full, given that it was already 3 o’clock.

IMG_3939.jpg

We ordered, picked up our drinks and found a table. Soon after that our lunch arrived.

IMG_3940.jpg

Tom had ordered a

IMG_3944.jpg

IMG_3945.jpg

Barbequed Chicken Pizza, red onion, cilantro, tomatoes and smokey BBQ sauce and I had the

IMG_3941.jpg

IMG_3942.jpg

IMG_3943.jpg

Four Cheese Pesto Pizza, Parmesan, mozzarella, fontina, goat cheese, plum tomatoes, fresh basil, sun-tomatoes. They were both very good and we enjoyed them very much.
Then it was time for one last stroll through the art shop and Goofy’s Candy Company

IMG_3947.jpg

and we were on our way back to the car. We stopped briefly at Ghirardelli’s for a sample and to pick up some chocolate bars and squares. Once we had everything it was time to leave for the airport. We were on the highway in very little time

IMG_3950.jpg

and even though traffic was kind of heavy we made it to the airport in good time. After returning our rental car

IMG_3951.jpg

IMG_3953.jpg

we hauled our luggage over to the Lufthansa counter, checked in and sent off our luggage. We then found some seats, I repacked our carry ons and then we were off to check out the stores. We did a little shopping at the Disney store and then there was one last thing we needed to check out, the Hyatt at MCO.
We are going to stay there in August for a night and we didn’t want to go look for the entrance after a 10 hour flight and with lots of luggage in tow. It didn’t take long and we had found it right inside the airport.
Everything done, we got in line for the security check, which had a huge line, but moved very quickly. I unpacked most of my carry-on as we always carry some things that just don’t “make it” through the screens. Much easier to put them in the basket openly.
On to the fake Monorail next and we were at our terminal. There was a shop that sold the neck-pillows we had forgotten on the plane the year before, so we went inside and picked up two of them and some drinks. After we had arrived at our gate, we found a seat, tried to get online, but with little success and it didn’t take too long until our flight was called and we were allowed to board.
Since our seats were in the last row we were allowed onto the plane first and settled in. We were both so tired and decided that instead of waiting for dinner, which on the flight home isn’t very good anyway, we would just take some sleeping aid and try to sleep as long as possible. I must have fallen asleep even before we took off, as I remember waking up when the plane was getting speed and took off. Shortly after that I was asleep again, and so was Tom.

Day 9, February 26

Back home again! - Part 1

When we both woke up again we were already very close to Frankfurt. There was about an hour’s flight time left and it went by pretty quickly. Soon we had arrived at Frankfurt airport and we were getting off the plane.
We went through passport control and customs and since we had missed both dinner and breakfast we wanted to find somewhere to have a nice early lunch. We walked around the airport a bit and found a nice looking restaurant.
There were several tables available and we ordered some Diet Cokes and lunch. We started out by sharing a bread offering, which basically was

IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

some fresh Pretzels, whole grain bread and baguette and

IMG_3954.jpg

some butter and cream cheese with chives. The Pretzels were wonderful and even better with the butter and cream cheese. I had ordered

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3957.jpg

a salad, that came with spring rolls and sweet chilli dipping sauce. It was huge and very tasty and the spring rolls were perfect. Tom ordered

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

a “Wurstsalad”, which basically is sausage, pickles, onions tossed in vinegar dressing. It came with

IMG_3959.jpg

roasted potatoes and was very good as well. Bellies filled again we went to find our departure gate.
Again, it was at the other end of the airport and we made our way over there. We sat in the waiting area for about 30 minutes, then we were allowed to board, well, board a bus to take us to the aircraft that is. We found seats, sat, waited for the bus to move and then finally got on board of our plane home.
We left perfectly on time and soon had reached cruising altitude. The flight attendants handed out

IMG_3962.jpg

chocolate covered Cookie bars again and we both had Coke with it. We landed on time, went through customs and before we knew it we were on the way to our car in the car park.
We got everything into the boot, hopped in and off we went. After leaving all our suitcases at home, we called the cat sitter and asked if it was okay to pick up Pixie right away. And two hours later we were all home again and back to real life.

THE END!!!!!

Thanks everyone, who stuck with me to the end of this. Next trip is coming up fast .... we are leaving Austria again to go to Florida in 9 weeks from today. It's going to be another LONG epic report as we are staying for 4 weeks (including a back to back cruise). :goodvibes

I knew you had to be determined to get this done with all the updating lately....I love it.
I can understand sleeping the whole way back, you were busy and it took its toll I'm sure.

I can't believe you are 9 weeks away already. Boy time is flying!

I hate last days! I'd of slept all the way home too...you were busy and probably stuffed. Great job as always

Karin I really enjoyed your trip report especially all of the pictures!! I know that putting together a report of this size is a lot of work so thank you for doing it!!
I can not wait for your next trip ;)

I love how you did your last day! I think saying "good bye" to the castle is so nice. Glad you got your last snack.

Sounds like getting home went pretty easily.

Just 9 weeks and you are back!!! :woohoo:

Saying goodbye is always so sad but I'm sure you're already anticipating another wonderful holiday in 9 short weeks! :thumbsup2 Thanks so much for this awesome report and I'm already looking forward to hearing about your August trip, have a wonderful time!! :goodvibes

Really enjoyed following your adventures, Karin! I look forward to your next trip as much as my OWN next trip! :rotfl: ;) :lmao:

Cindy

I knew you had to be determined to get this done with all the updating lately....I love it.
I can understand sleeping the whole way back, you were busy and it took its toll I'm sure.

I can't believe you are 9 weeks away already. Boy time is flying!

I need to wrap up the rest of them as well. ;) So, I am trying my hardest to finish them all. :lmao:

9 hours flight is no fun, so we were pretty lucky to be so tired we were able to sleep through all of it. My favourite kind of flight. :rotfl2:

Well, I have a hard time believing we are only 9 weeks out too! 4 more weeks of school and then 9 weeks off! I cannot wait! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

I hate last days! I'd of slept all the way home too...you were busy and probably stuffed. Great job as always

Last days are the worst .... but at least we already had the countdown for the next one on. ;)
Thanks for sticking with me for such a long time. :hug:

Karin I really enjoyed your trip report especially all of the pictures!! I know that putting together a report of this size is a lot of work so thank you for doing it!!
I can not wait for your next trip ;)

Michelle, it was my pleasure and I am glad you enjoyed the photos.
And remember ......
YOU will be part of my next trip report! :goodvibes

I love how you did your last day! I think saying "good bye" to the castle is so nice. Glad you got your last snack.

Sounds like getting home went pretty easily.

Just 9 weeks and you are back!!! :woohoo:

Whenever we go to a Disney park, the last thing we do is saying goodbye to the castle. ;) Kind of tradition and I love it.

We were lucky we were able to sleep - we both were worn out and ready for a vacation to recover from this one. :rotfl2:

Yip, only 9 more weeks - I need to post my planning, so you can all let me know what you think about our plans. :thumbsup2

Saying goodbye is always so sad but I'm sure you're already anticipating another wonderful holiday in 9 short weeks! :thumbsup2 Thanks so much for this awesome report and I'm already looking forward to hearing about your August trip, have a wonderful time!! :goodvibes

The last day is always the hardest one, but at least we knew we would be back in 6 months time and this time we are going to stay for a month! :woohoo:
Thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

Really enjoyed following your adventures, Karin! I look forward to your next trip as much as my OWN next trip! :rotfl: ;) :lmao:

Cindy

Thanks for sticking with me and reading along. :goodvibes
Hope you'll enjoy the next trip report as much as this one. :thumbsup2

Great report as usual Karin!

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill! I am glad you liked it. :goodvibes

Great report! Can't wait for the next one!!

Thank you!
It won't be long until our next trip and we have a lot planned, so there should be lots of fun things to talk about. :goodvibes

Hi Karin and Tom! I, too, was sorry to see this one end but I am really looking forward to your next one! Take care!

Hi Karin and Tom! I, too, was sorry to see this one end but I am really looking forward to your next one! Take care!

Debbie! :hug:
I just wrote about you in my other trip report (the LOOOOOONG one from last summer :rotfl:)! (Hope everything is alright for you!)

I am glad you enjoyed this one too! Not much longer until our summer vacation and the next trip report. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter