Pixie dust on our DREAM vacation! Update 06/08 TR finished!!

That view from Bay Lake looks beautiful. That picture of Mickey over the bed...I have the same one only smaller. In our local mall they have a DVC store called Doorway to Dreams and they were giving the pictures out as a promotion for Bay Lake. Of course I had to have one, I framed it and it's hanging in my den. Can't wait to stay there in Aug and see what view we get.

That view from Bay Lake looks beautiful. That picture of Mickey over the bed...I have the same one only smaller. In our local mall they have a DVC store called Doorway to Dreams and they were giving the pictures out as a promotion for Bay Lake. Of course I had to have one, I framed it and it's hanging in my den. Can't wait to stay there in Aug and see what view we get.

We were so lucky with our view! :goodvibes
We could see all of WDW from there! :thumbsup2

How fun you have the same picture as the one above the bed! I really liked the picture, well, I liked the whole room. Such a modern feel to it! :goodvibes

We had a lakeview booked, what did you book?

The view from your room is great and so are those donuts:rotfl2:

We were stunned when we walked out onto the balcony and had the Contemporary right there, then we looked around and there were icons from all three other parks visible from our room! :thumbsup2

Day 6, February 23

„You know, it takes six hours to clean a room!“ - Part 5

Since we didn’t have anything planned for the evening, we just sat out on the balcony, snacking on some salads we had picked up at Publix and some Doritos and salsa.
Before we knew it it was time to watch Illuminations from our balcony, which was awesome. Nothing more relaxing than sitting out on the balcony with a cold drink in hand and watching the fireworks blast off behind Spaceship Earth.

DSC_0956.jpg

DSC_0969.jpg

DSC_0972.jpg

DSC_0977.jpg

DSC_0995.jpg

DSC_0996.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

We had originally planned on having a few snacks at the Top of the World lounge, but we were just too tired and full to walk up there early. So around 15 minutes before Wishes was to start we took the elevator down to the ground floor, asked a CM where to go, he checked our room keys and pointed us in the right direction.

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

We found the elevator that takes people up to the viewing platform and lounge and found a nice spot to watch the fireworks.

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

The music is piped in and it was amazing to see the fireworks from this viewpoint.

To be continued ..........

Day 6, February 23

„You know, it takes six hours to clean a room!“ - Part 6

The music is piped in and it was amazing to see the fireworks from this viewpoint.

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

There were many oohs and aahs to be heard while everyone watched the fireworks. After the fireworks we stayed on the platform for a little while and watched the hustle and bustle at the bus stop. When we were finally ready to leave we stopped to check out the lounge, but it was full and so we just took some photos before we left again.

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

Good thing, we will return next year and hopefully stay at BLT again, so we can still check out the lounge.

DSC_0255.jpg

When we finally returned to our room

DSC_0946.jpg

we were both very tired. We unpacked the rest of our stuff, sat out on the balcony for a while and enjoyed the view of the Contempory before we called it a day and went to bed.

What amazing views you had!!! I love that you could see illuminations and then go over and see wished . SO COOL!!!!

What amazing views you had!!! I love that you could see illuminations and then go over and see wished . SO COOL!!!!

We were stunned with the view. I wasn't so sure about the lake view in the beginning, but in the end we were so happy we stuck with it! :)

wow, it's amazing how you can see both sets of fireworks. The Magic kingdom pictures are just so beautiful!

Karin I just love your pictures of the fireworks and the view into MK was so awesome. What a great evening you had. I would like to see them on our upcoming trip just not sure we'll have the time. I know we will get to see the show at EPCOT.

Six hours? :confused: Wow they must have been VERY thorough in that studio- it must have been so shiny in there!:rotfl:

We really liked staying in BLT, too- but then, I've never met a dvc I didn't like! :goodvibes. I do want to put it back in the rotation- not sure when, tho...... Maybe for my birthday next year!:idea:

So nice you got to see your friends at Beaches and cream, too!:goodvibes

Wow that view is amazing! The closest we've ever had to a theme park view was the very tip of Everest from our room at CSR.

Holy cow!!! What a view!!!:eek: I doubt I would ever get my dh to leave the room with a balcony like that. :rotfl:

So many great updates... one reminded me I forgot to tell you something sad.....

The just the other day I was out in an area I don't get to often and as I was driving up there, I thought "OH!! I have to get some krispy kreme doughnuts"

As I pulled into the parking lot, something immediately looked amiss. There was not "hot now light" and there were signs of "coming soon" :confused:

Then I peered in and noticed the horrible truth... it had been closed. No more krispy kreme doughnuts for me. (well, unless I drive in the other direction... I think there might be still one in business. Course, I will look it up before making the mini road trip:rolleyes:)

Nice updates, Karin. Thanks for sharing the pics of the room (Andy was there in February but didn't take his camera :confused:); he also went up to watch the fireworks but again, no camera. So I enjoyed seeing your photos.

what a great night! Krispy Kremes and double fireworks without leaving the building!!!

It was a perfect day, even though we had had to leave our beloved DREAM. :lmao:
Epcot fireworks from the balcony with an adult beverage in hand and Wishes from the rooftop - what else can you ask for? ;)

wow, it's amazing how you can see both sets of fireworks. The Magic kingdom pictures are just so beautiful!

When we got into the room I was amazed to see the Contemporary (which was pretty obvious) but then we discovered all the other icons and to have both sets of fireworks right there at your doorsteps was the icing on the cake! :cloud9:

Karin I just love your pictures of the fireworks and the view into MK was so awesome. What a great evening you had. I would like to see them on our upcoming trip just not sure we'll have the time. I know we will get to see the show at EPCOT.

I am glad you like the photos, Teresa!
It was wonderful to see the fireworks and hear the music (to Wishes) on the rooftop without having to fight for a space on Main Street.
Tom and I just LOVE Wishes - fireworks that blast off behind the castle have something so magical to me! :love:
Hope you get to see SOME fireworks in September! :goodvibes

The best part of that view was not having to wade through the crowds to get out of the park!:thumbsup2

You are SO right! :rotfl2:

Six hours? :confused: Wow they must have been VERY thorough in that studio- it must have been so shiny in there!:rotfl:

We really liked staying in BLT, too- but then, I've never met a dvc I didn't like! :goodvibes. I do want to put it back in the rotation- not sure when, tho...... Maybe for my birthday next year!:idea:

So nice you got to see your friends at Beaches and cream, too!:goodvibes

I was like ....... are you kidding me, lady? 6 hours for ONE room????? But I bit my tongue .... I was on vacation. ;)

Good to know that you like ALL the DVC resorts. :thumbsup2 We are going to OKW next ..... do you think we'll like it? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
We are really hoping to try some different DVC resorts now that we are DVC members too. ;)

It was so much fun to meet Tina and her family again. DISfriends are the best! :goodvibes

Wow that view is amazing! The closest we've ever had to a theme park view was the very tip of Everest from our room at CSR.

The view was absolutely worth the wait! The studio was actually a lake view, and we loved the theme parks that had been mixed into the view! :thumbsup2

Holy cow!!! What a view!!!:eek: I doubt I would ever get my dh to leave the room with a balcony like that. :rotfl:

So many great updates... one reminded me I forgot to tell you something sad.....

The just the other day I was out in an area I don't get to often and as I was driving up there, I thought "OH!! I have to get some krispy kreme doughnuts"

As I pulled into the parking lot, something immediately looked amiss. There was not "hot now light" and there were signs of "coming soon" :confused:

Then I peered in and noticed the horrible truth... it had been closed. No more krispy kreme doughnuts for me. (well, unless I drive in the other direction... I think there might be still one in business. Course, I will look it up before making the mini road trip:rolleyes:)

Let me tell you, it WAS hard to leave that balcony! It was just so awesome!

VERY, VERY sad news on your KK!!! :sad2: They better not close the one in Kissimmee - they would end up with two heartbroken Austrians on their doorstep! :rotfl2:

Nice updates, Karin. Thanks for sharing the pics of the room (Andy was there in February but didn't take his camera :confused:); he also went up to watch the fireworks but again, no camera. So I enjoyed seeing your photos.

I am glad you enjoyed the photos, Kathy.
I cannot imagine NOT taking my camera, :lmao: I have a duty to fulfill - reporting back to my DISboard friends. :rotfl2:

Day 7, February 24

“Yes, he is here today!” - Part 1

We slept in a little and just forgot about the idea to go down to The Wave for breakfast.
Instead we just made some coffee and tea in our little kitchen and had some of the Krispy Kreme doughnuts for breakfast.
About 10 minutes to 9 we got out the door and headed over to the Magic Kingdom. It felt so good, not to be dependent on any kind of transportation and just be able to walk over to the park. We arrived right after rope drop and when a boat AND a monorail had just arrived. So there were quite a few people in line for bag check, but the line moved pretty fast and we were at the turnstiles.
Walked through and once inside the crowds that were at the bag check just seemed to vanish.

DSC_0256.jpg

We walked around the town square and then I noticed something that caught my attention. They were looking for volunteers to play “Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom”.
We have helped Kim Possible in the past, so why not trying to cast a few spells. We were greeted and were shown what to do and how to go about it, then we left with a map and some cards that casted spells in hand. Since we were already at the entrance to the Emporium and we would not have a lot of time, we just walked inside and checked out all the new merchandise. We walked through Casey’s and towards Crystal Palace, where we stopped for some nice castle photos.

DSC_0257.jpg

IMG_3858.jpg

Then we headed towards Adventureland.

IMG_3859.jpg

It was very still very empty and we decided why not take another cruise, a Jungle cruise this time. So we strolled towards the entrance where we found out that there was only a 5 minute wait.

IMG_3860.jpg

There was only one family ahead of us and we were seated immediately. The skipper kept us entertained and we all had to tell her where we were from. By then the boat was 3/4s full and we were all international cruisers. Only the last family to board was American and they got lots of cheers. Our skipper really got into the act and even had a few non scripted jokes, and all too soon our cruise came to an end. We got off and strolled further on to Pirates of the Caribbean.

IMG_3861.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

5 minute wait again, so why not hop on board? We got into the left lane and walked right onto the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter