Pensioners, Pirates and Princesses - DAY 2

ruthiebabie

Hey There Hi There Ho There Its A Disney Kind Of D
Day 1 details here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2012590.

OK so day 2 started off with a bit of a nightmare for me......my Mum snores..... not just loud snores. Bone shattering sounds like are coming from the bowels of hell snores :lmao:. Now I did know that and I had equipped her with Snore strips and me with earplugs but they did not work. I reckon it was 11pm by the time we got to bed. At 3am (according to my phone) I was still wide awake with my ipod in trying to drown out the noise. So I gets my pillow and thinks I will sleep on the floor in the hallway as it is bound to be quieter. So I crept downstairs to sleep in the hall. But then I realised Princess Lucy had gone in bed with her mum and there was a spare bunk free - hallelujah :banana: . So into it I crept. My alarm being set for 8am so we could be up and off early to the parks. Little did I realise I had not changed the clock on my phone so it was an hour ahead of what I realised meaning they woke me up at what I thought was 7 and was actually 8 and I had only had 5 hours sleep grrr.

So that aside we were up and off early and outside for the 9.05 shuttle to the parks. We were the only people on it!

We headed straight for Disney studios but the gates were locked with security still on the other side but yet we could see people heading through the turnstiles so we went back round to the main park bag check and went through there instead. Once through it was a beeline straight for Crush. Me, my Mum, Naaaaaan and Lucy didn't want to go on so the others got in the queue - it was about 9.30 at this point and they were quite near the front so we went off for another hot choc.

We headed back to Crush at 10 and they were straight in and on although by that time the queue was back to the statue of Walt and Mickey! We whizzed onto Cars after that which only had a 10 min queue before all flying our carpets over Aagrabah.

From there we walked towards TOT. My Mum had decided she wanted to go on and Elle was switching between saying she did and she didn't so anyway we walked towards and went in before they could change their minds! We got on with Elle between H and Auntie Vix and Bex at the end. On the row in front was me, my Mum and an italian couple. Despite telling my Mum what the ride was like it obv still came as a surprise and as soon as it set off she grabbed the leg of the Italian guy next to her!!! So on the pic you can see my Mum second row down screaming and what we have said is the Italian guy leaning so far to the left towards his wife more terrified that some strange english lady is touching his leg than he was about the ride:rotfl2: . Flik was very blase about it and said he had been on it a number of times before!

TOTpic.jpg

After that we went to try the new coffee shop opposite Armageddon whilst Bex and Helen sneaked off for a cheeky ride on RnRcoaster. Couple of criticisms - one there was no rubbish bin in the shop and when we opened our sugars on the counter the CM shouted at us :mad: - the bin was miles outside and two...no hot chocolate!

Anyway as a plus the muffins there were yummy with the choc ones having a choc soft center and the fruit ones having jam in them.

We polished them off pretty quickly and went to see the Stitch interaction. This was the first time we had seen this and really liked it although wished it was a bit longer. And then that was all for the Studios. We wanted to be back in the main park for the Princess show in the castle courtyard.

Thought this was another good interaction although at the end the crowds got a bit silly for autographs.
DLPNov08167.jpg

As the crowds dispersed we went quickly on Snow White and Pinnochio again before deciding it was late lunchtime. We walked back through Discovery arcade and grabbed some tables before purchasing croque monsieurs, croque mushrooms (not sure what the name for those would be) and some Mickey pizza. Elle wasn't so happy when Flik wanted a bite of hers!
DLPNov08177.jpg

Lunch over it was time for a walk round to Pirates grabbing a Peter Pan fastpass on the way. As I wasn't fussed I became official buggy minder and Auntie Vix took Lucy off to do Snow White (again). Anyway I realised it was nearly time for Captain Jack to come out (swoon) :lovestruc so went round to the meet and greet point. There was no one there when I first got round so I thought I was maybe in with a chance of a pic......and so I was. Not looking my best but I didn't care. His mannerisms were spot on and it was an english Jack (we have met a French Jack before now). I text the others to hurry up and they grabbed an autograph.
DLPNov08182.jpg

Following tips off here we decided we were going to go to the DLH for a cocktail and see the characters at 4pm. We still had some time spare so walked round to the storyboat ride. Casey Junior was also running and as we came off the boat the others said they were not bothered for the cocktails so I headed off with my lovely Mum.

I am so glad we did - she really liked it. We had a champagne cocktail each (champage, Grand Marnier and a sugar cube) - 12.50 euros each but it came with some nibbles too. It was so tranquil after the park just to sit back. We forgot all about going back into the foyer to see the characters!
DLPNov08198.jpg

Now this is where I have a bit of a blank spot...could have been the champagne who is to say......all I know is that we ended up in Annettes for tea! And we dropped our letters off with Santas post office as I seem to have taken a picture of a snowman!

There were some ladies coming round the tables doing magic tricks and you know when you see things on tv and think "if I was there I would be able to see how they had done that".....well I take all that back - we really were gob smacked. The kids loved it and liked the new addition of a car to make from the kids menu as well as getting the frisbees. We had a mix of things between us although were disappointed to see kids fish and chips had gone off the menu to be replaced by salmon (not a fish that all kids like). After much discussion we decided to get the Elvis pudding and despite us saying we'd never eat it all - between us we did.

DLPNov08225.jpg

A quick mooch around the shops and we headed off to get the last bus back to the hotel. We thought we had missed it but then the electronic board showed there was one due in 19 minutes so we sat and waited. Only to find the 19 minutes referred to the last one out of Val de Europe :sad2: . So we walked over to get the train instead. We arrived back at Val de Europe expecting to have to walk round the outside of the centre as it was about 10.15 by this time but the mall was still open as Auchan had only just closed. However half way down (near when the central plaza is that you can sit down) the security guards told us we had to stop and go out the doors there. No worries it meant we spotted that the McDonalds has a drive thro bit and we skirted the outside of the designer shopping village.

Back in the apartment I was determined the day would not start as it ended and I quickly got into the bottom bunk before anyone could say otherwise!

That picture of your Mum on ToT is priceless. Really enjoying your trip report!:goodvibes

omg what a great trip report. i love reading what everyone does differently. that pic of tot is so funny. i always wanted to get the elvis dessert but nobody else would share it. is it as nice as it looks

Teh elvis looks amazing! I need to take more people on our next trip to have that!:rotfl2:

Another great day!! Love that ToT pic:thumbsup2

Another great day, I love the ToT photo:thumbsup2

Love that TOT picture and the story behind it, had a good giggle about that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter